Anyone want to know how to get positive feedback from every buyer?

Guest davidamerson

Guest davidamerson

when we make new gig it’s really important even 10 to 20 positive feedback if anyone want to know that how to get positive feedback from every buyer ask me I think I can give you some tips from my own experience and I like to invite most experience guys in fiverr to give some instruction to us and this conversation open to everyone 🙂

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, I just posted this on the forum about an hour ago: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/1616/remember-sellers-you-can-get-good-feedback-even-if-the-buyer-did-not-like-your-service#Item_1

In a nutshell, you cannot please all of your buyers, because you cannot please everyone, but to increase your chances of positive feedback every time, here’s what always works for me:

1. Always be polite to your buyers, no matter what
  2. Overdeliver - Give them more than they expect
  3. Deliver your service according to their specs, if possible.

Then, also read and respond to my other forum post (link above)

Bruce

Funny, I just posted this on the forum about an hour ago: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/1616/remember-sellers-you-can-get-good-feedback-even-if-the-buyer-did-not-like-your-service#Item_1

In a nutshell, you cannot please all of your buyers, because you cannot please everyone, but to increase your chances of positive feedback every time, here’s what always works for me:

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce

@davidamerson Thanks for starting this thread. I understand getting good feedbacks constantly helps a gig rank well in search results 🙂

To add to Bruce’s tip, I remind buyers to leave a feedback so others may know about how our service is. I notice buyers are more likely to leave feedback when I include this reminder when delivering an order.

@davidamerson Thanks for starting this thread. I understand getting good feedbacks constantly helps a gig rank well in search results 🙂

To add to Bruce’s tip, I remind buyers to leave a feedback so others may know about how our service is. I notice buyers are more likely to leave feedback when I include this reminder when delivering an order.

Reply to @hotwebideas: Some good points, except the second one.

I know I stand pretty much alone on the ‘Over delivery’ subject but over delivering does not always guarantee good feedback. Sometimes, it even creates the possibility of negative feedback.

When you state that you over deliver, it causes a lot of people to think along the lines of: Why would he/she over deliver? Is something wrong?

This causes them to really start to look over and nit-pick the service you provided. I’m very sorry to say, and I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE GOING TO HATE ME FOR THIS, and argue it, but over delivering constantly is a very bad thing.

• Causes some people to think the service wasn’t that good so a bribe was given. The bribe being to over deliver. This makes people really scrutinize the work you’ve done opening the door to negative feedback or outright rejection of the order. If you went to buy a used car, and the salesman said something like: "It’s a great car! But I’m going to throw in some new tires and maybe some ‘on the house fire insurance’ to say thank you! Wouldn’t you be suspicious?
  • Over delivering becomes a promise, not an extra. If you always over deliver it becomes expected and even talked about when other people talk about your gig. What happens if once, for some reason you can’t over deliver and only give what you say? Bad feedback because you didn’t over deliver like you usually do.
  • The bribe effect. Yes. When you promise to over deliver, to some people it seems like a bribe.

The solution and alternative to over delivering? Simply include what you would normally give for free as part of your standard gig. Give more, and list more. If you do backlinks or Youtube views or something, instead of offering 1000 views or backlinks, and giving an extra 200 at the end as an ‘Over deliver extra’… why not just give 1200 instead of 1000?

Always make sure your work is top notch and the feedback will follow.

There’s nothing wrong with giving a little extra, but don’t promote it in your gig. Then it just becomes expected and part of the gig. Just do good work and make people know that your are the expert at what you do.

I know I stand pretty much alone on the ‘Over delivery’ subject but over delivering does not always guarantee good feedback. Sometimes, it even creates the possibility of negative feedback.

When you state that you over deliver, it causes a lot of people to think along the lines of: Why would he/she over deliver? Is something wrong?

This causes them to really start to look over and nit-pick the service you provided. I’m very sorry to say, and I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE GOING TO HATE ME FOR THIS, and argue it, but over delivering constantly is a very bad thing.

• Causes some people to think the service wasn’t that good so a bribe was given. The bribe being to over deliver. This makes people really scrutinize the work you’ve done opening the door to negative feedback or outright rejection of the order. If you went to buy a used car, and the salesman said something like: "It’s a great car! But I’m going to throw in some new tires and maybe some ‘on the house fire insurance’ to say thank you! Wouldn’t you be suspicious?
  • Over delivering becomes a promise, not an extra. If you always over deliver it becomes expected and even talked about when other people talk about your gig. What happens if once, for some reason you can’t over deliver and only give what you say? Bad feedback because you didn’t over deliver like you usually do.
  • The bribe effect. Yes. When you promise to over deliver, to some people it seems like a bribe.

The solution and alternative to over delivering? Simply include what you would normally give for free as part of your standard gig. Give more, and list more. If you do backlinks or Youtube views or something, instead of offering 1000 views or backlinks, and giving an extra 200 at the end as an ‘Over deliver extra’… why not just give 1200 instead of 1000?

There’s nothing wrong with giving a little extra, but don’t promote it in your gig. Then it just becomes expected and part of the gig. Just do good work and make people know that your are the expert at what you do.

Archived