Fiverr Forum

Anyone want to know how to get positive feedback from every buyer?

when we make new gig it’s really important even 10 to 20 positive feedback if anyone want to know that how to get positive feedback from every buyer ask me I think I can give you some tips from my own experience and I like to invite most experience guys in fiverr to give some instruction to us and this conversation open to everyone :slight_smile:

I am completely new to Fiverr I just have 22 orders but I have 20 positive feedback not just like “good gig’ or 'thanks” they give me some amazing comment if you have time look at what I got from my gig… no doubt my gig is great than any gig in that category but it’s not only make buyers mind to give us positive feedback I just follow above steps and it’s work for me i have got 20 positive feedback for my 22 orders B-)

davidamerson said: s

Funny, I just posted this on the forum about an hour ago: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/1616/remember-sellers-you-can-get-good-feedback-even-if-the-buyer-did-not-like-your-service#Item_1

In a nutshell, you cannot please all of your buyers, because you cannot please everyone, but to increase your chances of positive feedback every time, here’s what always works for me:

1. Always be polite to your buyers, no matter what
  2. Overdeliver - Give them more than they expect
  3. Deliver your service according to their specs, if possible.

Then, also read and respond to my other forum post (link above)

Bruce

@davidamerson Thanks for starting this thread. I understand getting good feedbacks constantly helps a gig rank well in search results :slight_smile:

To add to Bruce’s tip, I remind buyers to leave a feedback so others may know about how our service is. I notice buyers are more likely to leave feedback when I include this reminder when delivering an order.

I always try to get my buyers to leave feedback but 80% of the time they don’t…

Reply to @hotwebideas: Some good points, except the second one.

I know I stand pretty much alone on the ‘Over delivery’ subject but over delivering does not always guarantee good feedback. Sometimes, it even creates the possibility of negative feedback.

When you state that you over deliver, it causes a lot of people to think along the lines of: Why would he/she over deliver? Is something wrong?

This causes them to really start to look over and nit-pick the service you provided. I’m very sorry to say, and I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE GOING TO HATE ME FOR THIS, and argue it, but over delivering constantly is a very bad thing.

• Causes some people to think the service wasn’t that good so a bribe was given. The bribe being to over deliver. This makes people really scrutinize the work you’ve done opening the door to negative feedback or outright rejection of the order. If you went to buy a used car, and the salesman said something like: "It’s a great car! But I’m going to throw in some new tires and maybe some ‘on the house fire insurance’ to say thank you! Wouldn’t you be suspicious?
  • Over delivering becomes a promise, not an extra. If you always over deliver it becomes expected and even talked about when other people talk about your gig. What happens if once, for some reason you can’t over deliver and only give what you say? Bad feedback because you didn’t over deliver like you usually do.
  • The bribe effect. Yes. When you promise to over deliver, to some people it seems like a bribe.

The solution and alternative to over delivering? Simply include what you would normally give for free as part of your standard gig. Give more, and list more. If you do backlinks or Youtube views or something, instead of offering 1000 views or backlinks, and giving an extra 200 at the end as an ‘Over deliver extra’… why not just give 1200 instead of 1000?

Always make sure your work is top notch and the feedback will follow.

There’s nothing wrong with giving a little extra, but don’t promote it in your gig. Then it just becomes expected and part of the gig. Just do good work and make people know that your are the expert at what you do.

Reply to @bigbadbilly:

I actually very much agree with you on overdelivery.

I prefer solid delivery and solidarity to overdelivery.

I always ask my buyers to give a positive feedback, but they hardely do so. Just take the file and forget marking the order as completed…

@oldbittygrandma - I know you do! I think we’ve been involved in a conversation like this before. (Ha ha).

In the end guys/gals, to over deliver or not is up to the seller. There’s no real right or wrong answer (Or in this case Over deliver or not). We all do what works best for us. And if it works then go for it!

Sorry for this late reply.I agree with your all tips and also I understand some new thing from my own experience.i like to share with you.

1. first we must respect our buyer no matter who the hell is him we learn to respect him… when you got a order make little massage to him before deliver the order including when you can deliver the order and call him sir or madam when we behave like that buyer feel safe.

2. deliver you order fast as possible you can but don’t crummy your work…

3. when you deliver you order include some details and explanation about your work.

4. make him notice about how much important a positive feedback to you and way to do that like this

1. mark this gig as Complete
  2. give me a thumbs up
  3. give a comment on your experience with me.

5.And finally say like this to buyer "if you give me a positive feedback I will give you bonus (give something to your buyer related to you Gig)

6.Buyer pay for our work and they did’t obligate to us to give feedback’s specially positive feedback (they never miss to give us a negative feedback when we deliver bad result :stuck_out_tongue: ) so we need get it… if above tricks did’t work try this as last.the thing you prepared to give him as a bonus give to him that with including massage like this

"it’s doesn’t matter if you don’t like to give me a positive feedback even I like to give my bonus to you… thanks again to buy my gig"

Try this my friend and make you sales up…

I have to agree that you can’t guarantee overdeliver all the time but if it’s something not expected the customer is sure to give good ratings and sometimes even tip or follow up with a new order almost immediately. I have had it happen many times with my logos and ebook covers.

anyone have any new Ideas ?

I am completely new to Fiverr I just have 22 orders but I have 20 positive feedback not just like “good gig’ or 'thanks” they give me some amazing comment if you have time look at what I got from my gig… no doubt my gig is great than any gig in that category but it’s not only make buyers mind to give us positive feedback I just follow above steps and it’s work for me i have got 20 positive feedback for my 22 orders B-)

davidamerson said: s

Funny, I just posted this on the forum about an hour ago: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/1616/remember-sellers-you-can-get-good-feedback-even-if-the-buyer-did-not-like-your-service#Item_1

In a nutshell, you cannot please all of your buyers, because you cannot please everyone, but to increase your chances of positive feedback every time, here’s what always works for me:

1. Always be polite to your buyers, no matter what
  2. Overdeliver - Give them more than they expect
  3. Deliver your service according to their specs, if possible.

Then, also read and respond to my other forum post (link above)

Bruce

@davidamerson Thanks for starting this thread. I understand getting good feedbacks constantly helps a gig rank well in search results :slight_smile:

To add to Bruce’s tip, I remind buyers to leave a feedback so others may know about how our service is. I notice buyers are more likely to leave feedback when I include this reminder when delivering an order.

I always try to get my buyers to leave feedback but 80% of the time they don’t…

Reply to @hotwebideas: Some good points, except the second one.

I know I stand pretty much alone on the ‘Over delivery’ subject but over delivering does not always guarantee good feedback. Sometimes, it even creates the possibility of negative feedback.

When you state that you over deliver, it causes a lot of people to think along the lines of: Why would he/she over deliver? Is something wrong?

This causes them to really start to look over and nit-pick the service you provided. I’m very sorry to say, and I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE GOING TO HATE ME FOR THIS, and argue it, but over delivering constantly is a very bad thing.

• Causes some people to think the service wasn’t that good so a bribe was given. The bribe being to over deliver. This makes people really scrutinize the work you’ve done opening the door to negative feedback or outright rejection of the order. If you went to buy a used car, and the salesman said something like: "It’s a great car! But I’m going to throw in some new tires and maybe some ‘on the house fire insurance’ to say thank you! Wouldn’t you be suspicious?
  • Over delivering becomes a promise, not an extra. If you always over deliver it becomes expected and even talked about when other people talk about your gig. What happens if once, for some reason you can’t over deliver and only give what you say? Bad feedback because you didn’t over deliver like you usually do.
  • The bribe effect. Yes. When you promise to over deliver, to some people it seems like a bribe.

The solution and alternative to over delivering? Simply include what you would normally give for free as part of your standard gig. Give more, and list more. If you do backlinks or Youtube views or something, instead of offering 1000 views or backlinks, and giving an extra 200 at the end as an ‘Over deliver extra’… why not just give 1200 instead of 1000?

Always make sure your work is top notch and the feedback will follow.

There’s nothing wrong with giving a little extra, but don’t promote it in your gig. Then it just becomes expected and part of the gig. Just do good work and make people know that your are the expert at what you do.

Reply to @bigbadbilly:

I actually very much agree with you on overdelivery.

I prefer solid delivery and solidarity to overdelivery.

I always ask my buyers to give a positive feedback, but they hardely do so. Just take the file and forget marking the order as completed…

@oldbittygrandma - I know you do! I think we’ve been involved in a conversation like this before. (Ha ha).

In the end guys/gals, to over deliver or not is up to the seller. There’s no real right or wrong answer (Or in this case Over deliver or not). We all do what works best for us. And if it works then go for it!