Fiverr Forum

Archived

I just went through 10 pages of messages ugh. I cleared out my inbox so I will see only NEW messages…took foreverrrr!

No I cleared my inbox so I will only see new messages. I’ve never had that happen though. I know I’ve had it say 1 for a few minutes then go away but not stay. That would irritate me haha

Do you mean its showing 1 inbox message when you dont have one? if so it did this to me awhile back. Had to contact support to get it fixed

o… Im confused about this thread then lol :s

Basically she deleted old messages, shawnecannon. Just like how you would your emails.

Reply to @dracosama: o… um so that needed to be made into a thread lol :s

She’s just saying something that many of us can agree on. I mean I haven’t reached the point of needing to delete stuff but I can understand how much of a pain it is.

I try and archive once a week to keep messages from stacking up in my in box

@shawnecannon yes I did it took forever and I was frustrated because I just found out about archiving since we can’t actually delete and it was like over 200 messages.

@dracosama thanks :slight_smile: @tn5rr2012 yess I’m going to add that to my routine!

dumb question but what does archive even mean

Archive means "You dont want to see it in your inbox anymore, but you want to keep a record of it, just in case you may need it again later"

Like for example, if a seller messages you and says “Crap, i lost a picture i sent you long ago. Do you still have it archived?”

Ahh! Tiring, ain’t it?

Reply to @caiterz: ahh ok. Thank you. But couldn’t you just leave it in your inbox?

Reply to @princemaxx: yess!

Reply to @shawnecannon: you could leave it but if your keeping messages of people your still talking to they will get lost in the daily shuffle

No I cleared my inbox so I will only see new messages. I’ve never had that happen though. I know I’ve had it say 1 for a few minutes then go away but not stay. That would irritate me haha

Do you mean its showing 1 inbox message when you dont have one? if so it did this to me awhile back. Had to contact support to get it fixed

o… Im confused about this thread then lol :s

Basically she deleted old messages, shawnecannon. Just like how you would your emails.