Are impressions and clicks helpful to rank the gig?

shahzadi18

People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:

NOBODY knows the Fiverr algorithm. Anyone who claims to is lying, though usually out of ignorance. If no one offers supporting evidence, ask for cited sources. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

Don’t rely upon Fiverr search engine impressions to determine the success of your gig(s). Impressions are just a number; they don’t really mean much when you stop and think about it. They only tell you how many times your gig cover is seen in a Fiverr search. They have nothing to do with people checking out your services. What I mean by this is, don’t create a gig, and then just sit there watching search engine impressions go up and down. You’re wasting valuable time doing that. Take responsibi…

Here’s interesting read about ranking that @frank_d posted recently.

Glad I could help @finndev478 Well this is a rather complicated subject. I wasn’t trying to be vague on purpose. It’s just there’s a lot to unpack here, and no one seems to want to hear it. The way the platform works now, is heavily based on what the buyer’s profile looks like and what they search. So we went from a rather dumb machine that just looks at a seller’s reviews and delivery stats to rank gigs, to a highly sophisticated algorithm that takes hundreds of things into consideration, a…
  1. Buyer search for something
  2. Fiverr finds and shows services with high chance of conversion for that specific Buyer. It’s more artificial intelligence than simple algorithm now. This is the long time mentioned relevance.
  3. Buyer orders

Quickly, on first attempt, no waste of money.

So you can have zillion impressions and clicks on your Gig but this has no more such weight…

yeah they help to rank the gig but be careful to improve your impressions and clicks only shared your gig to targeted audience otherwise after some times if impressions increased but no order getting then you de ranked due to low conversion rate

There is no way you can know if they help rank gigs.

Don’t say things without actual evidence, please. I know it might be make you look knowledgeable to make things up, but that won’t bring you orders.

It actually wouldn’t make sense for Fiverr to use this as a tool to rank gigs because impressions don’t suggest a demand, plus that would incentivize people to spam their gig links everywhere.

Archived