Are offers that are too low compared to the buyer request budget normally ignored?

uk1000

If a buyer request is created and the (potential) buyer specified a budget (eg. $50), and an offer was sent that was low (eg. $5) would that offer normally be ignored (assuming it wasn’t at the top of the list of offers, and assuming a lot of offers had been sent to that request - eg. around 30), ie. would the buyer normally assume the seller wouldn’t be able to do what he wanted, to his required standard, for the price specified - or just consider the ones that were a lot closer to his budget, assuming they will likely give better results?

Would an offer that is below a certain percentage of the specified budget normally be just ignored and any links (like samples in it) not usually be looked at?

Would a buyer only normally really consider an offer to their buyer request if, for offers with a specified budget, the offer is >= a certain percentage of their budget (eg. >=50% of their budget)?

What if a seller has a relevant gig for a buyer request but their gig/gig package price is quite a lot less than the specified budget in the buyer request? In theory the seller could increase the price of their gig/gig package but that could put other buyers off buying their gig. What is the best recommendation in this case?

If a buyer request is created and the (potential) buyer specified a budget (eg. $50), and an offer was sent that was low (eg. $5) would that offer normally be ignored (assuming it wasn’t at the top of the list of offers, and assuming a lot of offers had been sent to that request - eg. around 30), ie. would the buyer normally assume the seller wouldn’t be able to do what he wanted, to his required standard, for the price specified - or just consider the ones that were a lot closer to his budget, assuming they will likely give better results?

Would an offer that is below a certain percentage of the specified budget normally be just ignored and any links (like samples in it) not usually be looked at?

Would a buyer only normally really consider an offer to their buyer request if, for offers with a specified budget, the offer is >= a certain percentage of their budget (eg. >=50% of their budget)?

What if a seller has a relevant gig for a buyer request but their gig/gig package price is quite a lot less than the specified budget in the buyer request? In theory the seller could increase the price of their gig/gig package but that could put other buyers off buying their gig. What is the best recommendation in this case?

Good questions! I think these are generalized since not all buyers would follow the same rules, but I like that you are asking questions in order to improve!

ie. would the buyer normally assume the seller wouldn’t be able to do what he wanted, to his required standard, for the price specified - or just consider the ones that were a lot closer to his budget, assuming they will likely give better results?

This is something I had/have to battle as a New Seller. I provide the best quality product I can. I also offer 24 hour turn around on most projects. I do this because I am new and need to build reviews and a client base. However, I have received questions about what type of quality I provide since it is done so quick and for so cheap. The truth is that I’ve averaged about 1 sale per day since I started (and that has been a lot of work to achieve this). I communicate with potential buyers that I have experience in my field and that I am building my Fiverr profile. I tell them I want to work with them not just now, but in the future as well. So I am willing to provide a top quality product, with a fast turn around.

I have not had any buyers question the quality of my work since I started, but have received numerous compliments and messages of being “pleasantly surprised”. So it is an obstacle at first, but stand by what you provide and understand that some will pass on you no matter how good you may be.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Serious buyers know some projects are impossible to do at a ridiculous price. It leads me to believe that

• Seller didn’t read my requirement, but bid quickly to be the first.
  • Seller will do a switch & bait after I order
  • Seller is playing joke on me

I delete without reading. I filter for reasonable price, not the lowest and how well it’s written.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Serious buyers know some projects are impossible to do at a ridiculous price. It leads me to believe that

• Seller didn’t read my requirement, but bid quickly to be the first.
  • Seller will do a switch & bait after I order
  • Seller is playing joke on me

I delete without reading. I filter for reasonable price, not the lowest and how well it’s written.

The problem is, a seller with a gig where the price (or price of the highest package) is < half the price of the buyers budget won’t really have a chance to get the offer accepted, even if they can do what is asked, and even if they can show an example of what is being asked (eg. in a dropbox link, linked to from the offer description), as the potential buyer will likely not read it if it’s too low, but if the seller priced it higher than his gig price (or price of highest package) the buyer may complain about that (the buyer may say he could just buy the gig at it’s normal price so think the seller shouldn’t be asking for more).

Maybe the only real option is to price the gig/gig packages higher or somehow create another gig for the higher price (worded so the higher & lower priced gig’s descriptions are different enough).

Archived