Fiverr Forum

Are sellers experiencing a NEW frustration with the 5-star rating system?

The 5-star rating system that replaced the old thumbs-up/thumbs-down feedback system has a new problem which has emerged.

It seems that buyers get careless and accidentally click the wrong number of stars. I had three buyers all click 4 stars which effects my rating and when I questioned them about why, they all told me it was a mistake on their part and cannot find the “edit feedback” link since Fiverr hides it.

Honestly, I liked the old thumbs-up/thumbs-down system better. It was simpler and easier for buyers.

Has this happened to anyone?

Bruce

Fiverr made a mistake with this rating system, because now buyers are in control again.

I’ve had one mistasefew give me lower stars for absolutely no reason whatsoever. The transactions went perfectly smooth and exactly as promised in the gig description. Then they still write a raving review.

I don’t like the point system at all. Gives people a reason to downgrade you for no reason.

newopp said: I don't like the point system at all. Gives people a reason to downgrade you for no reason.

I agree. Now, people can give mixed reviews and that is worse than the positive/negative feedback. Please Fiverr, bring that back.

i think that thumbs up system is still the best, the point system is simply not a seller’s favour, it takes just one 4 star rating to spoil everything, i do hope fiverr listens to us and reverts to old method.