Fiverr Community Forum

Are There Fake Buyers?

Lately I have received several messages from “buyers” who expressed interest in my services. They included attachment(s) and asked me to provide a timeline for completion and a quotation. However, there were at least three occasions when relevant information needed to determine the timeline and quotation were not provide. On other occasions, the information received made no sense. Of course, I sent a message (maximum two messages) requesting the relevant information, yet here I am still waiting on a reply. I even checked their profile to determine whether they were online or not but to no avail.

Hence my question, “Are there fake buyers here on Fiverr?”.

There are fake buyers, ignorant buyers, dim buyers and competition that just wants to mess with you ‘buyers’. Following up is a good idea unless it seems like an obvious scam, just don’t expect much to come from it. Good luck!

Reply to @itsyourthing: Very interesting. Thanks for your feedback. Now I will adopt a much difference approach.

Reply to @venisha: I don’t want to be discouraging. Fiverr is great, as long as you understand it and work with its limitations. :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: I will bare that in mind. Thanks again.

Reply to @venisha: You’re welcome.