Fiverr Forum

Are they all scam?

I hired one guy ******* to do my website, he promised me one month, I provide him all data base pictures, after one month all he delivered is a theme he bought online and send it to me, nothing like I requested. I asked him several time to modify it, he keep promising and promising after 13 days after he delivered my website, he disappeared. I send request for refund from Fiverr, Fiverr responsed that they received my request, and that’s all they do. At the mean time waiting for Fiverr to “resolve” my request I ask the other guy ******* to do my website, he asked for $400 and one month, after 2 weeks he asked me for data base of my products, pictures etc… and before the due date he asked me $150 more. I refused because I haven’t receive anything from him. On the due date he delivered to me a wordpress theme he oredered somewhere and send it to me, nothing like what I ordered. He asked him to modify it he ask me for $150 more, I told him that I haven’t seen what I order, I said that that I will pay him $150 more if he delivered what I ordered. He tell me to wait 2 days and another 2 days, so I send a request to Fiverr for refund, Fiverr send me anther note said that they receive my request and that’s all I have. Case closed.

BE CAREFUL WITH FIVERR SELLERs AND ALL GIG NOW. THEY KNOW THAT FIVERR DOESN"T CARE SO THEY ARE ALL TRY TO SCAM. I HAVEN"T GOT ANY RESPONSE FROM FIVERR from both of my cases. I LOSE total of $750 for nothing.

i’m really sorry for you. did you asked them questions before ordering like thier previous work and web developement knowledge ?

I got response from Fiverr. They may do pressure on the guy and he refund my money. Thanks for asking. I used Fiverr before and never had problem, and I got scam twice so I really upset about it. The first case since that guy keep asking for more time, I let him pass 13 days after delivered product. So I can not get refund. The second guy I all prepare so after he asking me twice for 2 days delay, and asking more money. I reported right away, even he already withdrawn the money, I still can get refund.

You don’t give a stranger $400, you hire him for $5 or $10 or $40, and then if you like his work, you give him more money.

Also, hire people that can get it done in 7 days or less, pay the rush fee if necessary.

thanks for the advice. I learn my lesson.

Just because of these sellers we are losing business on Fiverr.

Thanks for all of your inputs. Fiverr did pressure the second guy he pay me back the money. The first guy contacting me trying to finish his job. I think Fiverr also pressure him. Thanks Fiverr

Reply to @fastcopywriter: Well said.

And even then if you have worked with a seller on smaller gigs, if it’s a larger gig, split up the bigger job into two gigs, so you pay for the first half and then get some work delivered so you can see the progress then pay the next gig to finish second half.

Reply to @sincere18: I agree, splitting things is wonderful. One time I had a guy who hired me to write teespring headlines for two categories, he liked what I did on the first, hated the second, so he demanded a revision. If he had made separate orders, I could have cancelled one and keep the other, instead I had to lose $10 because he didn’t like $5 of the job.

You know what would be great? If Fiverr allowed half cancellations. But I don’t think how Fiverr can do it, and it might make the platform more difficult to use.