Are they Scammers?

photocutter92

This is a buyer’s request received me on January 1st, 2020.

He wanted to retouching and enhancement of 63 images, with one testing image. So he told me to take the images from the link and do it very cleverly. If he is satisfied with the editing, he will be recruited for a long-term partnership. This is our conversation.

So, I made the picture as fast as I could and gave it to him. He then thanked me for it and then stopped the conversation saying he would contact me. He hasn’t called me again.
How do you consider sending a request for such a request?

Mod Note: Screenshot removed. Please remove the username before reposting.

This is a buyer’s request received me on January 1st, 2020.

He wanted to retouching and enhancement of 63 images, with one testing image. So he told me to take the images from the link and do it very cleverly. If he is satisfied with the editing, he will be recruited for a long-term partnership. This is our conversation.

So, I made the picture as fast as I could and gave it to him. He then thanked me for it and then stopped the conversation saying he would contact me. He hasn’t called me again.

How do you consider sending a request for such a request?

Mod Note: Screenshot removed. Please remove the username before reposting.

He then thanked me for it and then stopped the conversation saying he would contact me. He hasn’t called me again.

That is because he is now asking 62 other people to provide a test edit before he hires them. 😉

You were used to get a free service. You won’t hear from him again unless he wants another picture enhanced for free.

You were used to get a free service. You won’t hear from him again unless he wants another picture enhanced for free.

Yes. He has gotten a free service of new sellers like us. 😢

Sometimes happens. Just take your loss and move on… the circle of these people will become smaller and smaller. As they need to watch their back, not you. If you put energy in talking about this, it’s a waste of time. Better focus on improving yourself and never lose faith in people. Just stay sharp!

You have to be very careful when dealing with people like these. Also never do any work for free as mentioned there are some pretty bad people on Fiverr. Take this as a small lesson and move on to greatness! 😀

@niskaru

Thank you very much for your valuable advice! I will take it as a lesson and make my journey a success.

Sometimes happens. Just take your loss and move on… the circle of these people will become smaller and smaller. As they need to watch their back, not you. If you put energy in talking about this, it’s a waste of time. Better focus on improving yourself and never lose faith in people. Just stay sharp!

@joeritan

Thank you very much for the helpful idea and the valuable advice you gave.

@joeritan

According to him, I had to edit that image to see if my ability was suitable for a long time partnership to work on his project. So I didn’t use any watermark.

I understand, but never underestimate your skills. Every cliënt has to respect you as a human and as a person for doing business. If the tone of voice is wrong, often the willingness to pay is wrong too. Just learn from this and get going, you’re worth it!!

I understand, but never underestimate your skills. Every cliënt has to respect you as a human and as a person for doing business. If the tone of voice is wrong, often the willingness to pay is wrong too. Just learn from this and get going, you’re worth it!!

@joeritan

Yes of course! This was a great experience for me and a great lesson for me. It will help me move my journey forward clearly and successfully. Thank you so much for giving me your precious time and advice.

• 5 weeks later...

@omeryousaf

Have you had a similar experience?

yes, when I was a beginner I had an Order cancellation, as I mistakenly send the final file in attachment, The client claimed that what he received is junk,

The order was cancelled.

Later on the client uses that piece of art in his property since then it is being used as main Asset.

yes, when I was a beginner I had an Order cancellation, as I mistakenly send the final file in attachment, The client claimed that what he received is junk,

The order was cancelled.

Later on the client uses that piece of art in his property since then it is being used as main Asset.

@omeryousaf

Sorry about your bad experience…

I have encountered many such scammers so far. I used watermark as you say. Then they will not respond again. Our time is wasted by these people.

Archived