Are We Allowed To Use Photo Manipulation with Celebs Face in Gigs?

drawingcycle

Welcome to the forums.

Allow me to ask a counter question: is it worth the risk?

Also, if you want to offer photo-manipulation as a service, you should be skilled enough in it to be able to make more samples. (This will also help you set your pricing, as this practice will give you a better estimate on how long an order will take, beginning to end.)

Welcome to the forums.

Allow me to ask a counter question: is it worth the risk?

Also, if you want to offer photo-manipulation as a service, you should be skilled enough in it to be able to make more samples. (This will also help you set your pricing, as this practice will give you a better estimate on how long an order will take, beginning to end.)

I guess is better not to risk it. I thought that having a sample of it would let the people from Fiverr see what I can do. Anyways, thank you for the reply.

I guess is better not to risk it. I thought that having a sample of it would let the people from Fiverr see what I can do. Anyways, thank you for the reply.

I thought that having a sample of it would let the people from Fiverr see what I can do.

This is exactly right, but you need to go about it the right way. What other samples do you have?

I thought that having a sample of it would let the people from Fiverr see what I can do.

This is exactly right, but you need to go about it the right way. What other samples do you have?

For now I only have that one (with a celebs face). I did that for my own enjoyment way before I joined Fiverr. I do have another Photo Manipulation, but it isn’t a celebs. Is a free licensed photo anyone can used and that one I will upload it.

For now I only have that one (with a celebs face). I did that for my own enjoyment way before I joined Fiverr. I do have another Photo Manipulation, but it isn’t a celebs. Is a free licensed photo anyone can used and that one I will upload it.

I wouldn’t recommend that one either. Just because it’s ‘free licence’ doesn’t mean it might not get flagged by the system.

I wouldn’t recommend that one either. Just because it’s ‘free licence’ doesn’t mean it might not get flagged by the system.

Wow. Those picture says that we can use these images without even mentioning them. Then what can I do, this seems like it’s getting more complicated and leaving me without options. By the way, it’s my first Gig ever.

Wow. Those picture says that we can use these images without even mentioning them. Then what can I do, this seems like it’s getting more complicated and leaving me without options. By the way, it’s my first Gig ever.

Then what can I do

Try with a photo of yourself that you took?

Do you have a phone with a camera? You can take your own pictures and mess with them as much as you like. Maybe make a mini-centaur with a neighbor’s cat, or a tree that has all it’s branches spouting emoji instead of leaves.

Do you have a phone with a camera? You can take your own pictures and mess with them as much as you like. Maybe make a mini-centaur with a neighbor’s cat, or a tree that has all it’s branches spouting emoji instead of leaves.

So, stock photos aren’t allowed even if they are free to used?

https://pixabay.com/

This is the website I used for the photos. You can see that they allow you to use the photo even for commercial use. I won’t be selling them, but showing what I can do with it.

So, stock photos aren’t allowed even if they are free to used?

https://pixabay.com/

This is the website I used for the photos. You can see that they allow you to use the photo even for commercial use. I won’t be selling them, but showing what I can do with it.

It’s not that stock photos aren’t permitted, it’s that any potential buyer that recognizes them as stock photos will assume the seller is unprofessional and lazy.

Let me put it another way: You’re in a category that already has 25,624 gigs available (put the keyword ‘photoshop’ into the searchbar). Each and every single one of those is your competitor. At a guess, at least half of them already use stock photos, and I would argue most do. In business, to be successful, you need to offer something different. This isn’t saying you can’t compete. In fact it’s saying you can because you’ll be offering something different. Being able to claim that you took the photos yourself is good. That they’re 100% your own work, from capture to manipulation completion.

Plus, it means you can watermark them without getting in trouble with the stockimage host sites.

Edit: you also need to read the fine-print of those stock image sites. Free to use for personal projects doesn’t always mean free to use in marketing.

It’s not that stock photos aren’t permitted, it’s that any potential buyer that recognizes them as stock photos will assume the seller is unprofessional and lazy.

Let me put it another way: You’re in a category that already has 25,624 gigs available (put the keyword ‘photoshop’ into the searchbar). Each and every single one of those is your competitor. At a guess, at least half of them already use stock photos, and I would argue most do. In business, to be successful, you need to offer something different. This isn’t saying you can’t compete. In fact it’s saying you can because you’ll be offering something different. Being able to claim that you took the photos yourself is good. That they’re 100% your own work, from capture to manipulation completion.

Plus, it means you can watermark them without getting in trouble with the stockimage host sites.

Edit: you also need to read the fine-print of those stock image sites. Free to use for personal projects doesn’t always mean free to use in marketing.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate the help. I just want to know if for the moment I can used them since this is my first gig and I won’t be able to get good quality photos without any good equipment. I’m sure as time passes, I will be able to get my own professional photos to display.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate the help. I just want to know if for the moment I can used them since this is my first gig and I won’t be able to get good quality photos without any good equipment. I’m sure as time passes, I will be able to get my own professional photos to display.

What kind of phone do you have? Honestly, some phones nowdays have cameras that are better than the professional equipment of a decade ago. Also, your samples don’t need to be bigger than a computer screen.

Also for another idea (this one is actually kind of funny): take a picture of an empty road and of your (or a friends) car or truck from multiple angles. Photoshop in a traffic jam of all the same vehicle. (You’ll need to move the car to different angles to get some variety of lighting changes, unless you can take them all with the sun directly overhead.)

What kind of phone do you have? Honestly, some phones nowdays have cameras that are better than the professional equipment of a decade ago. Also, your samples don’t need to be bigger than a computer screen.

Also for another idea (this one is actually kind of funny): take a picture of an empty road and of your (or a friends) car or truck from multiple angles. Photoshop in a traffic jam of all the same vehicle. (You’ll need to move the car to different angles to get some variety of lighting changes, unless you can take them all with the sun directly overhead.)

That’s a good idea. Also, my phone can take better pictures better than some cameras. I just thought that maybe having these stock photos would be better, since I’m competing, thus my gig should look good.

I’m not sure if this is a good excuse, but we are not supposed to leave the house because of you know what. So, I though maybe used those images for the moment then when I have a chance to get a good one I will do like you said and be different and engaging.

That’s a good idea. Also, my phone can take better pictures better than some cameras. I just thought that maybe having these stock photos would be better, since I’m competing, thus my gig should look good.

I’m not sure if this is a good excuse, but we are not supposed to leave the house because of you know what. So, I though maybe used those images for the moment then when I have a chance to get a good one I will do like you said and be different and engaging.

Leaving the house depends a tiny bit on where you are. Like a countryside ranch who’s nearest neighbor is literal miles away. I’ll assume your in a city, though, and yes in this case you do need to take precautions. There are still may kinds of pictures you can take indoors, if you have a white sheet and access to a window that lets in natural light. For another idea: take a can of soup and a box of crackers and swap the labels. (Hehe, canned graham crackers and boxed extra-meat chili…)

Archived