Are You A New Seller? If Yes, This post is For You(Common Questions and ANSWERS

esthernyambura

I have seen thousands of posts from new sellers asking for help. If you are a new seller, it is not a must for you to post that you are looking for help. Why? Because there are thousands of posts that have been written by your fellow sellers here and they are specifically meant to help you. It is not a must to be spoon-fed? Right? You can read for yourself and understand, Right? There is no need of having all new sellers asking for the same questions that have already been answered.

The following is a list of COMMON questions and respective answers.
Questions

1. How will i get my first Sale?
  2. How long will it take to get my first sale?

Answers

1. Before you post “How can I get sales? Please help!” Try reading this first. It will indeed help.

Since I’m seeing a lot of the “why no sales” posts and a LOT of them are not using their own
images, I’ll repeat the same thing again.
Sellers, please be sure to use your OWN images. It is pretty darn easy to find out whether the
images were stolen or not, especially for logo/banner/ebook cover designs! Do not pick some random logo design you found on google and then write “I have 5 years of experience and all of my images are my original wok.” Do yourself a favor and don’t embarrass yourself.

Another thing I’ll point out is the avatar images. Many people use images of super models, actors, TV stars etc as their avatar images. I am 100% aware that there are MANY popular sellers who are using avatars of celebrities/actors, images that are clearly not them, or has nothing to do with the gigs they offer. Then how did they get popular? I’m guessing they are offering really good gigs and have good ratings,so in this case the avatar doesn’t do much. Here’s my personal thought though, some buyers don’t care what the avatar images are, but PLENTY of buyers do. Just to be safe, I do think it’s a good idea to use an image that best represents you. It doesn’t have to be a photo of yourself. I use an illustration of myself since I offer illustration gigs. You can have a photo of a pen if you are a writer, your own logo if you do logo designs, stuff like that.videos are a good thing to add depending on your gig, especially if you are doing music stuff, singing, voice overs, etc.
Read more about this at http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/before-you-post-how-can-i-get-sales-please-help-try-reading-this-first-it-might-help-might/

1. Tips to get first order within 3 days
    http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/i-got-my-first-order-within-3-days/

2. Everyone started at 0 Sales. Stop Making Excuses.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

All TRS's Started at 0 Sales. Stop Making Excuses

Seriously. It wasn't a birthright. It had to be earned. If you're just starting out, there's nothing wrong with asking for assistance to improve your gig. But as you have noticed, there are 100's of posts on the same topic(s). When advice is given,...

Reading time: 6 mins ? Likes: 2 ❤

1. Short tips for newbie’s
    http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/lucky-7-short-tips-for-newbies/

2. How to get the first order
    http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/how-to-get-my-first-order/

3. Tips on how to promote your gigs
    http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/tips-on-how-to-promote-your-gigs/

Of course there are other links that will help you as a newbie. Only if you are willing to look by yourself by using the search box above.

The fact that this post is available doesn’t mean that you should quit contributing or asking questions in the forum. It is a public forum and everyone is welcome to contribute. Do your best, have fun and don’t be too serious.
Good luck to everyone.

Thank you for posting a “one-stop shop” for newbies to migrate to in need of urgent responses.

However, I must say that when you’re new, getting used to a new platform takes some time and while you’re already overwhelmed with learning so many new things - the last thing a newbie wants is to be searching through the scrolls of knowledge in the forum section.

I’m not one of those newbies because I thrive on research and find sifting through the forums fun in a weird sort of way, ha. But we should be a little bit more patient with the users that can’t seem to find an answer to their question whether it’s staring them in the face as they may feel they need to add a little more to the story to be fully understood, you know?

I could search “How to get a gig purchased in 3 hours?” but only find responses to “How to get a gig purchased in 24 hours?” A completely (not-far-fetched question to be asked considering there are a plethora of impatient people here) unrealistic goal but you get what I mean - hopefully. 🙂

I think there needs to be a special section titled “For all your repeated questions please post here” but then we may get questions in the non-special section asking how to post in the special section. 🙂

I agree with you and I also wish there were a moderator on the buyer’s section preventing seller’s from advertising there gigs but that is a whole other jar of pickles that has been discussed too much, as well.

Again, thanks for posting the one-spot shop - it will come of great use around here. Kudos 🙂

Exactly!! Moderators should consider placing common questions and respective answers to each and every section
i.e
At the start of

1. Conversations sector
  2. Tips for sellers sector
  3. Ranting pot
  4. My fiverr gigs sector
    Doing so, the number of newbies who are posting about the same questions (how to get the first sales) will be minimized.

Hello esthernyambura, I’m not in ANY way trying to highjack your post here, but I wrote this mile-long post a while ago and I thought it can add to your list and give some sellers some ideas:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Before you post "How can I get sales? Please help!" Try reading this first. It...

Admin Note: Thread closed at request of post author but will remain available for reading. All sellers are strongly encouraged to read and use the tips within! ? I am aware that many new sellers post "I can't get sales, please help" almost...

Reading time: 11 mins ? Likes: 9 ❤

Since I’m seeing a lot of the “why no sales” posts and a LOT of them are not using their own
images, I’ll repeat the same thing again.
Sellers, please be sure to use your OWN images. It is pretty darn easy to find out whether the
images were stolen or not, especially for logo/banner/ebook cover designs! Do not pick some random logo design you found on google and then write “I have 5 years of experience and all of my images are my original wok.” Do yourself a favor and don’t embarrass yourself.

Another thing I’ll point out is the avatar images. Many people use images of super models, actors, TV stars etc as their avatar images. I am 100% aware that there are MANY popular sellers who are using avatars of celebrities/actors, images that are clearly not them, or has nothing to do with the gigs they offer. Then how did they get popular? I’m guessing they are offering really good gigs and have good ratings,so in this case the avatar doesn’t do much. Here’s my personal thought though, some buyers don’t care what the avatar images are, but PLENTY of buyers do. Just to be safe, I do think it’s a good idea to use an image that best represents you. It doesn’t have to be a photo of yourself. I use an illustration of myself since I offer illustration gigs. You can have a photo of a pen if you are a writer, your own logo if you do logo designs, stuff like that.

I don’t have a video since I personally think it is not necessary for my type of gigs, but I’m sure
videos are a good thing to add depending on your gig, especially if you are doing music stuff, singing, voice overs, etc.

OK, this got long. Thank you for reading!

Hi, I’m a noobie. Thanks so much for all the useful tips.
I’ve learned a lot already from info found here in the forum.
I have one gig and though it’s only a week old hatchling gig, I can’t find where Fiverr has parked it amid the masses of other new gigs.
Is that because of some weird search algorithm you think?

Hi Annie,
It’s great to hear that this information has helped you. I wish i could help you with your question but i really don’t know the reason why. This is because new gigs are always available few days after being published and yours is already one week old.
I recommend you to start a thread with the same question on the conversation section so that you can get answers from our fellow sellers.
All the best Annie.

Archived