Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

jonbaas

If you want more orders, here’s what you need to do: You need to research, understand, and reach out to your target customers. You need to Study, Understand, and Connect.

The only people who will hire you, are the people who need your services. So, if you want them to hire you, you need to understand who they are, what they like, and and what they need. Then, you need to determine how your valuable skills can solve their needs. I’ll say that again – THEIR NEEDS, not your needs – not what you want. THEIR needs. And, once you’ve done those things, then you need to find creative ways to connect to those target customers, and show them why you are the best person, with the right skills, to help them complete their projects.

You are not here for you. You are not here to get rich. You are here to HELP OTHER PEOPLE. The more successful you become at helping others, the more those people will trust you, respect you, and want to work with you again and again.

Fiverr is not a get-rich-quick website. It is a help-buyers-get-done marketplace.

You are either here to work… or here to watch.

You also need to realize that you are competing against thousands of other sellers, all of whom are offering the same exact services you offer. If you aren’t getting the kind of sales you want, then maybe those other sellers are doing a better job reaching the same customers you want. You are not guaranteed orders just because you want them, and you are not guaranteed orders just because you have gigs here on Fiverr.

If you want to improve your odds of being a marketable seller – study your competition. Figure out what works for them, and find ways to make those things work for you too.

Most importantly, DO NOT blindly imitate other sellers. DO NOT copy-paste what they write. DO NOT steal their gig images. Be you. Be unique. Buyers do not hire copycats. They hire original sellers who know how to stand out because of who they are – unique sellers who exude confidence, and can prove their abilities.

Your target customers want to hire the best person for their job. Is that best person you, or is that best person your competition?

Study. Understand. Connect. This is how you earn orders. This is how you find success.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/12/2020 at 3:38 AM, visualstudios said:

Try thousands or hundreds of thousands, in most cases.

Ah, an excellent observation. I think I was thinking BR requests when I wrote that. I think I need to correct that. Thanks for point out my error. 😉 

On 7/12/2020 at 4:47 AM, ashad_alif said:

Can you clarify the connection process.

There is no one, single “process” to connect with your target customers. If you have taken the time to determine who your target customers are, and understand what they like, need, and want, then you should be able to determine how you can reach out to those buyers. YOU are going to have to figure out what works for YOUR target customers, because it is different for each seller/market.

Blogs, ads, publications, and articles, are just four of the many connection possibilities. I bet, if you’re willing to be creative, you could come up with many more. 😉 

On 7/12/2020 at 8:25 AM, edvector said:

How can I help buyers if no buyers buy my service? 

Buyers will not just fall into your lap. You need to do as @jonbaas said: ⬇️

On 7/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, jonbaas said:

If you want more orders, here’s what you need to do: You need to research, understand, and reach out to your target customers. You need to Study, Understand, and Connect.

then you need to find creative ways to connect to those target customers,

And this is very tough(in freelancing, I think). I’m not a new seller but I still facing some problems connecting with my target audience.

or here to watch.

Would you like to explain it?

On 7/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, shabanajabeen said:

Would you like to explain it?

I think the nature of my comment was clear. If you’re here, on Fiverr, to be a seller, you’re either here to work, and overcome your competitors, or you’re here to watch your competitors gain all your orders.

You are either here to work… or here to watch.

Which option are you here to pursue? 

On 7/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, vickiespencer said:

Buyers will not just fall into your lap. You need to do as @jonbaas said: ⬇️

Can you explain more about these points?

Because it’s very easy to write some theories and sweetest words and become wise but the real practices always different. 

On 7/12/2020 at 10:05 PM, edvector said:

Can you explain more about these points?

I think my topic post was clear and direct. In fact, I even repeated, and reemphasized what I wrote a few times, in different ways, so people could understand it better. Here’s the summary:

Perhaps it would be helpful for you to reread what I wrote.

it’s very easy to write some theories and sweetest words

Nothing I have written is a theory, nor “sweetest words”. If you truly wish to be successful, what I wrote will help you focus your actions in that direction. No one is going to do your research, understanding, or connection work for you. If you want to be successful, YOU are going to have to take those actions.

become wise but the real practices always different.

I’ve been a successful seller on Fiverr for over six years. Everything I have written reflects the “real practices” I have taken to get to where I am as a seller. I chose to share the wisdom that I know, so that new sellers like you can pursue your “real practices” too. 

On 7/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, jonbaas said:

I think my topic post was clear and direct. In fact, I even repeated, and reemphasized what I wrote a few times, in different ways, so people could understand it better. Here’s the summary:

Perhaps it would be helpful for you to reread what I wrote.

Nothing I have written is a theory, nor “sweetest words”. If you truly wish to be successful, what I wrote will help you focus your actions in that direction. No one is going to do your research, understanding, or connection work for you. If you want to be successful, YOU are going to have to take those actions.

I’ve been a successful seller on Fiverr for over six years. Everything I have written reflects the “real practices” I have taken to get to where I am as a seller. I chose to share the wisdom that I know, so that new sellers like you can pursue your “real practices” too. 

Awesome explanation & tips from you @jonbaas

I hope you don’t mind to always sharing all of your tips, I can’t wait to know all about your “hidden secret” tips 😉 

On 7/13/2020 at 1:02 AM, edvector said:

I can’t wait to know all about your “hidden secret” tips

Unfortunately, I don’t share those for a reason. If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me. 

On 7/13/2020 at 1:09 AM, jonbaas said:

Unfortunately, I don’t share those for a reason. 

Hmm . . .

If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? 

Yes.

And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me. 

Agreed, but you said . . .

You are not here for you. You are not here to get rich. You are here to HELP OTHER PEOPLE . The more successful you become at helping others, the more those people will trust you, respect you, and want to work with you again and again.

. . .

If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me. 

What if they got it from “back door” like my competitors did to me? What will you do?

On 7/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, edvector said:

Agreed, but you said . . . 

Why he’s entitled to share his secret to you? He doesn’t owe you any thing. You don’t just create a gig and expected everything to be spoonfed to you. That’s not how it works. A lot of new sellers came to Fiverr, expecting to earn money, but they just simply created a gig, doesn’t bother to research the forum and read tips on how improving their gig, doesn’t do research on their target audience, doesn’t learn from the successful competitors. That’s how you’re not seeking any success.

I’ve seen your profile and gigs. Your gigs image and description are too generic for me. Vector illustration one of the most competitive categories out there. There are thousand of sellers who are offering the same service as yours and you need to research on how you can differentiate yourself from them and stands out more. If I’m a buyer, there’s nothing interesting for me to see in what you are offering, I rather go to reputable sellers and get my money worth.

What if they got it from “back door” like my competitors did to me? What will you do?

Victim-blaming others doesn’t help you on anything. Focus on your gig and find out how to improve your gigs. Don’t put blame on others.

The secret is: there isn’t one. That’s the true secret. Anybody claiming otherwise is just trying to peddle some bs to you.

This is a marketplace. If you offer something that is in demand and more appealing than alternatives, you will sell. If you don’t, you won’t. That’s all there is to it. But that’s no “secret”, that’s basic market economics.

Now, there are techniques you can use to increase the perceived value of what you’re offering, there are techniques to increase necessity and therefore demand (even if artificially) for your product, there are techniques to decrease the attractiveness of your competitors, etc. That’s called marketing, and it ain’t a secret either. 

On 7/13/2020 at 2:53 AM, visualstudios said:

The secret is: there isn’t one. That’s the true secret. Anybody claiming otherwise is just trying to peddle some bs to you.

This is a marketplace. If you offer something that is in demand and more appealing than alternatives, you will sell. If you don’t, you won’t. That’s all there is to it. But that’s no “secret”, that’s basic market economics.

Now, there are techniques you can use to increase the perceived value of what you’re offering, there are techniques to increase necessity and therefore demand (even if artificially) for your product, there are techniques to decrease the attractiveness of your competitors, etc. That’s called marketing, and it ain’t a secret either. 

Well, it sure wouldn’t be such a secret if people actually took the time to learn basic marketing techniques. 😉 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, edvector said:

I’m asking @jonbaas . Are you @jonbaas ?

That’s quite an attitude you have. If you’re unwilling to accept advice from others, it will be a miracle if you can survive the competition.

@jonbaas has given you a very helpful tips which are beneficial to most of the sellers, and it’s up to you to apply it.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, edvector said:

I have accurate proof.

It doesn’t matter. If you’re getting orders or not, it all depends on your gigs. No other is responsible to your success.

Wish you all the best.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:14 AM, jonbaas said:

I will not be sharing my business secrets with you. 

It’s ok @jonbaas you don’t have too.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:14 AM, radennorfiqri said:

That’s quite an attitude you have. If you’re unwilling to accept advice from others, it will be a miracle if you can survive the competition.

@jonbaas has given you a very helpful tips which are beneficial to most of the sellers, and it’s up to you to apply it.

It doesn’t matter. If you’re getting orders or not, it all depends on your gigs. No other is responsible to your success.

Wish you all the best.

sssh . . 🤫 go sleep.

Archived