Are you a videogames enthusiast?

manuelmarino

Do you like videogames? They are my passion. They are my job as well, since I create videogames soundtracks. These days there are 2 specific games in my mind:

• Flight Simulator (the new 2020 edition, with impressive graphics).
  • Cyberpunk 2077

I love flight simulators in general, since the first ones appeared in the 80s, with few lines to define the horizon, and a couple of colors 😊 Now the latest edition of this Microsoft product is photorealistic. It’s hard to understand it’s a game and not the real thing. The only problem is that it needs an impressive machine to run correctly. Could work in my system, but I’m not sure and this is slowing me in the decision to install it. Anyway I have it as part of my Game Pass subscription.

About Cyberpunk 2077, it will be released in few days, exactly 10 December 2020. This is a huge world, centered on a megalopolis of the future. If you know the Cyberpunk kind of narrative, from old William Gibson novels till latest games and books, you know what’s about.

A world in the hands of technological corporations, similar to “Blade Runner” (the famous movie with Harrison Ford), with cyber implants to improve you, the cyberspace and never ending nights full of lights and colors. In specific, this game seems huge, can be completed and totally explored after about 100 gaming hours. I want to buy it, but I’ll wait the first reviews after the release day, to be sure 100% 😊

And your favourite or expected games?

Great topic! 🙂

I am also looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077!
I love all games with a great story and where choices matter - games such as Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, and Dragon Age.
When I was a kid, I played a lot of Heroes of Might and Magic III with my friends. I am not sure if it was popular outside of Europe, though.

I also develop games. It is a great way to express yourself, but it can often be a long and grueling process.

Yup, I love open worlds and games with choices. Fallout, elder scrolls, the witcher. I also love games where you can build stuff, like Minecraft and Ark: Survival Evolve (that I play solely to tame dinosaur et build cool bases in single player).
Currently I’m more into Mount and blade II: banner lord.

I wanted to work in the video game industry at one point, turns out the need plenty of programmers, but have all the 2D digital artists they need. I’ve tried learning programing but it’s really not for me. Let’s just say that I was very happy when one of my big orders was for an indie horror video game. Finally I’ve got to work on a video game. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Superhype for Cyberpunk2077!

I like GDRs and I’ve played The Witcher, The Banner Saga, Skyrim, .hack// for hours.

Mix sci-fi or fantasy, world’s exploration, immersive soundtrack and you’ll have my attention 😃

I’m not very good with modern games, but I watched the Witcher 3 cutscenes and it’s such an entertaining game!

I mostly play mobile games, though I also like some old school side scrollers and recently revisited FF7 because of the remake.

I can’t stand mobile games, it’s not that they are bad, some are really addictive. But I hate when the game tells me: “Sorry you can’t play anymore! Either wait 8h for X thing to build or spend 20$ to refill your energy so you can play 5 more minutes.” It’s even more frustrating when the game was fun. I’d rather pay full price or monthly subscriptions to play, than that. 😅

There is some hidden gems that don’t do that though. They are usually the one that get my money.

I can’t stand mobile games, it’s not that they are bad, some are really addictive. But I hate when the game tells me: “Sorry you can’t play anymore! Either wait 8h for X thing to build or spend 20$ to refill your energy so you can play 5 more minutes.” It’s even more frustrating when the game was fun. I’d rather pay full price or monthly subscriptions to play, than that. 😅

There is some hidden gems that don’t do that though. They are usually the one that get my money.

Oh, mine isn’t that kind of game. 😂 I can’t stand those either. Mine are those grind-until-you-die-unless-you-wanna-gamble-your-stats-with-money games, which doesn’t make them any better - but hey, I like games with community/guild system. 🙃

Oh, mine isn’t that kind of game. 😂 I can’t stand those either. Mine are those grind-until-you-die-unless-you-wanna-gamble-your-stats-with-money games, which doesn’t make them any better - but hey, I like games with community/guild system. 🙃

Oh yeah there is a game I play from time to time that’s like that (Gem of wars). It’s kind of a mix between as strategy card game and match 3. You can play as much as you want, but at one point the game become grindy, so you can buy some items to progress faster. I don’t mind those as long as I don’t feel forced to pay for a game that claims to be free, I’m fine.

Oh yeah there is a game I play from time to time that’s like that (Gem of wars). It’s kind of a mix between as strategy card game and match 3. You can play as much as you want, but at one point the game become grindy, so you can buy some items to progress faster. I don’t mind those as long as I don’t feel forced to pay for a game that claims to be free, I’m fine.

My games are mostly F2P, though you can definitely spend money to progress faster, haha. I’m into RPG and TCG for mobile games albeit not having played that many games. For non-mobile, I used to play the Castlevania series (they made a CV mobile game too, but it sadly shut down because clearly Konami didn’t know how to manage mobile games).

@vibronx wonderful games! I played all of them. I completed only the first Mass Effect, though. Heroes of Mights and Magic III was fantastic, probably the best of the series, since I think the sequels ruined the game.

Heroes of Mights and Magic III was fantastic, probably the best of the series, since I think the sequels ruined the game.

Agreed. III is the best, but, of course, I am biased since I grew up with it. I own I-IV and have also tried V-VI. I love the first three. They have great soundtracks that I still remember to this day. IV is okay once you get used to the changes. I didn’t care much for V or VI.

Also pumped for 2077. Right now I’ve been playing Divinity 2 again, and quite a bit of rocket league.

quite a bit of rocket league.

Yeah, that is a great game. The most fun is playing doubles with a friend against a horrible opponent. Score a quick goal and then just play the rest of the game with two keepers and watch them rage. 😈

I’m a big nerd/weeaboo, I inherited it from my parents.

I own a lot of consoles, a gaming PC a few rare games (as in, “this is from 10 years ago or more and it’s worth 50-150$ used”, so nothing particularly extreme), but I’m not a collector. This said I can see myself trying to make a collection in the future, but an extremely personal and quality-based one with just 1% of titles per system or so. Basically my “games I would bring in a suitcase to a desert island” collection.

I also have obscure tastes and controversial opinions such as thinking Trespasser was one of the best exploration games of all time. Come at me. 😂

oh, it’s great to meet you all, I know there were videogames enthusiasts somewhere 😊 I love all the games you mentioned. Yes RPGs are my favourite ones. I’ve got a very selected list of high quality games I bought during the years, and while I try to play all of them I’m so behind haha… ok an example, I bought all Assassins Creed till Unity, but I’m still playing the first ones with Ezio. Same things for The Witcher. Got 1,2 and 3, but I’m still playing 1. My brother tells me: gave up the old ones, play the new ones only! But it’s a pity, really, I built this list during the years, it’s part of me haha I don’t know if you think the same way, let me know 😊

oh, it’s great to meet you all, I know there were videogames enthusiasts somewhere 😊 I love all the games you mentioned. Yes RPGs are my favourite ones. I’ve got a very selected list of high quality games I bought during the years, and while I try to play all of them I’m so behind haha… ok an example, I bought all Assassins Creed till Unity, but I’m still playing the first ones with Ezio. Same things for The Witcher. Got 1,2 and 3, but I’m still playing 1. My brother tells me: gave up the old ones, play the new ones only! But it’s a pity, really, I built this list during the years, it’s part of me haha I don’t know if you think the same way, let me know 😊

I’ve never been able to play Assassin’s Creed, so I don’t know what to say 🙂

As for The Witcher, I played the first and the third, the second is still waiting for me - I have to finish The Banner Saga 2!

Surely The Witcher 3 is graphically better than the other chapters of the saga, the story is compelling and quite reflects the books too. The combat system is different from the first game and it’s more interesting.

Honestly, to have a complete game experience and understand the improvements made in every game, I’d play all The Witcher’s chapters, rather than jump directly to the third.

I got into pixel art games last year after playing Blasphemous. It’s probably the first pixel art game that I found gorgeous (and terrifying) as an adult. I started to see the charm and beauty in all that pixel retro. I’m finishing Hyper Light Drifter now. It’s much less detailed but still charming and sad, just how I like them. I’ll be digging into Hades after I’m done with it, it’s offensive how gorgeous that game looks.

Hollow Knight is probably my most favorite game ever. And Darksiders trilogy. First 2 games especially, haven’t played the 4th one yet.

I got into pixel art games last year after playing Blasphemous. It’s probably the first pixel art game that I found gorgeous (and terrifying) as an adult. I started to see the charm and beauty in all that pixel retro. I’m finishing Hyper Light Drifter now. It’s much less detailed but still charming and sad, just how I like them. I’ll be digging into Hades after I’m done with it, it’s offensive how gorgeous that game looks.

Hollow Knight is probably my most favorite game ever. And Darksiders trilogy. First 2 games especially, haven’t played the 4th one yet.

And Darksiders trilogy. First 2 games especially,

YEEESSS. The 4th one is a good co-op game, although it’s more of a Diablo-like game and not really an action game like the others. Still interesting.

And Darksiders trilogy. First 2 games especially,

YEEESSS. The 4th one is a good co-op game, although it’s more of a Diablo-like game and not really an action game like the others. Still interesting.

although it’s more of a Diablo-like game and not really an action game like the others

I was wondering how they were going to deal with the fact that they used the most “popular” horsemen first and it was a clever way to go about it to keep people interested. But I’m not sure it’s going to be for me. Strife looks fantastic, though.

although it’s more of a Diablo-like game and not really an action game like the others

I was wondering how they were going to deal with the fact that they used the most “popular” horsemen first and it was a clever way to go about it to keep people interested. But I’m not sure it’s going to be for me. Strife looks fantastic, though.

It’s a good game, I just recommend playing it with someone, not alone. You get more enjoyment, since it’s clearly focused on coop.

I am not a huge videogame enthusiast, but my husband is. I am already dreading the thought that he won’t be joining me for dinner (or even notice I exist) after Cyberpunk 2077 releases. I have breathed a sigh of relief with every delay the game has announced.

It’s not that bad. As far as I heard, the campaign is rather short. If he plays every side quest, that can take a bit more, but overall, it all comes down to priorities I guess 🙂

Archived