Are You Also Experiencing A Huge Drop in Sales?

I have been on Fiverr for more than 2 years and have been earning around $100 a day. However, for the last couple of months my sales dropped drammatically (down to $5-$20 a day) after rumors of so-called “Fiverr search algorithm changes”. I changed absolutely nothing in my gigs, have always delivered on time and had a very low cancellation rate, but my gigs simply stopped selling. If that is due to the Fiverr team screwing up the search algorithm thingie of Fiverr website then that is a huge screw-up and must be fixed immediately. As a long-time seller on Fiverr who sacrified so much for their Fiverr business all I can say is that this is completely unacceptable!

Try whatever you did the last time?

I did, but it is only getting worse every other day. That is really strange and I’m out of ideas.

Contact customer service, we can’t fix it.

Yes lately sales are really bad! I never faced this kind of scarcity of work in last 5 years. Not sure if there is some Global Recession is going on :frowning:

Yes i had an account earlier which is not active now
Where the sales were 500-600 monthly
but before the account disabled i had no sales

I am on various different sites in order to earn money from freelancing, and Fiverr is just one of those things that are unpredictable. This is why I highly suggest to everyone to find far more than one source of income. I work part-time at a physical job, but I also make a few hundred here on Fiverr. I do some writing for some other sites, as well as writing my own ebooks that I self-publish for a few dozen dollars extra a month.

Freelancing is a fickle business, and algorithms change. YouTube recently enforced their age-old ad-acceptance criteria, which is causing millions of videos to be demonetized. Many people are mad about that, but it is something that the company has a right to do. Many people are benefitted by their change, many aren’t. But it’s the nature of working with a single company.

My main word of advice would be to branch out. Find other sites.

I experience sharp ups and downs on fiverr and that’s how it is. I take the drops in sales as more me time. Cancellations, vacations, late deliveries all affect and lower sales volumes.

I admit I do hope for more sales lately. There has been a drop off which might be due to me taking a one week vacation lately. Or it might still be the strange algorithm.

I don’t like having so much free time as I have had these past two weeks.

I just noticed a drop in my impressions. My sales are same because of regular clients. Haven’t received too many orders from new clients in a while. Maybe my high delivery time is putting them off, but can’t be helped.

My sales are only 60% of what they should be for the past month. And most are regular repeat buyers.

Yes, I am on another site for a while as well, my sales have slumped there as well even though I have reduced the delivery time.

I’ve been complaining about a drop in sales since March. It picked up a bit mid-August. Right now I’m taking a marketing course so I can sell via my own website or social media accounts. I also sell stuff on the marketplace sites. I’ve even applied for real jobs (gasp!) locally, but no luck yet. I would not rely on Fiverr for your sole income.