Are you an active or inactive Fiverr user on these forums? Why?

joeyperezwest

Hi, I’m just wondering why some fiverr users/sellers with no active sales or gigs come on the Fiverr forums to respond to people asking for help. I click on the names at times on the fiverr forum users…

What’s your motivation for participating in the fiverr forum community since you are not really active in fiverr?

What other forums do you participate in and why?

Reply to @sincere18: Thanks for taking the time to reply catsquirrel and sincere18, I can understand the buyers who come on here but what about the sellers? If you notice there are some sellers that post and respond consistently on here yet they have no active sales, they seem to post on almost every single posting where there is a specific newbie question too. Maybe it’s just me but I’m noticing a pattern.

Reply to @kjblynx: That’s cool, I started being a member in 2012 as a buyer but never thought of going on the forum until later. 🙂 I don’t remember, lol, I have a bad memory but I’m sure its somewhere in this massive forum.

Anyone else care to share why you love these forums so much?

I dont think I understand you by saying this

joeyperezwest said:
Reply to @sincere18: If you notice there are some sellers that post and respond consistently on here yet they have no active sales, they seem to post on almost every single posting where there is a specific newbie question too. Maybe it's just me but I'm noticing a pattern.

Rate this commentVote Up0Vote Down

Are you suggesting that even though they have no sales they are not to participate? Maybe they are assisting just like you. I dont know you can maybe clarify if I am wrong please.

Reply to @julipalmer7: In my mind:

I’m trying to determine the border line difference between an inactive or active fiverr user being on the fiverr forum and having a general interest in building and being part of a tight community both on a professional and acquittance level versus those who just use it as like an extension to what you could probably understand this reference to, as an extended “linkedin” profile. If that is ones possible inconspicuous case but I don’t know. I’m trying to understand how someone who isn’t up to date on Fiverr logistics can clearly give solutions to problems, was I or am I missing something? How can I learn from the inactive and active fiverr users participating in these forums…

I didn’t imply a judgmental authority in any sense of the way because I don’t tell people what to do because people will do what they want to do no matter what their agendas are or how much you talk to them and try to “prove” subjective reasoning through objective internet policies. In any sense of the way 🙂

I like to learn, that is why I ask, then I pay attention to statements and come up with my own inferences. 🙂

In other words:

I was just curious because it seems to be the “normal” on Fiverr and I guess in most other forums. I guess people like forums a lot, maybe I should give other forums a try too! 🙂

Reply to @joeyperezwest: "I’m trying to understand how someone who isn’t up to date on Fiverr logistics can clearly give solutions to problems, was I or am I missing something?"

Discussion forums are sometimes just for that, discussion. It is not always the case that someone has to “solve” a problem. There are many threads of people discussing their successes and their journey here on Fiverr…it’s just human nature to want to chat about things they like or are involved in, whether they have made a buy or sell in the past week or not. I think you are trying to look too deeply into it, instead of accepting what it is. And also that people are just people, many people talk about things they know and don’t know something about. Do you think someone talking about last nights sports game (insert whatever game/team you want) is always an expert on it? No, they talk just to talk sometimes.

Reply to @sincere18: Yea, I get you. 🙂 I get that a lot. I look deep into things, over analyze when its not needed. I personally, am timid about giving an opinion/advice on something when I would know little about it or not tried it out myself with some results. Now knowing there is just a natural aspect to forums, it makes me feel more comfortable now joining other forums to talk on, I never really had a chance to explore this side of the internet.

Its nice. Thanks for the input guys.

As a seller I respond to posts that I’m able to assist with based on experience from this site as well as others. Motivation-wise I participate to be of assistance. Its just something I do.

If my knowledge base is good on the proposed topic then I’ll respond. There’s some other forums related to gaming communities but posts there are usually in reference to technical fixes when some one is experiencing issues.

Reply to @joeyperezwest: I would love to recommend some but am unsure how the Fiverr Sheriffs will respond since some links are edited out. That said, some sites that would be good to explore are AdWeek, Inc., Fortune and maybe R.BIRD (Brand Strategy & Packaging Design).

Browsing through the sites is more than likely to help. Even if there isn’t a forum, the comments to articles on the topics of interest are more than likely to shine a new light on things.

Archived