Are you being outsourced?

jive_a_five

Hi All

I have been cruising around the web today viewing other fiverr like sites and have began noticing some familiar photos. Now, I certainly understand that providing our services here does not mean that we restricted from taking part in other sites for similar services, but these photos on other sites profiles do not seem to coincide with the fiverr profile offerings.

What I am getting at, is that it appears many fiverr gigs are being resold on competitors sites by other people, for more amounts of money.

While I know that some of my gigs have been outsourced through fiverr, I am usually aware that the GIG is being ordered for that purpose. Someone contacts me and says they have a client that wants to use my services and I am fine with that.

What I didn’t realize (because I can be naive) is that people take profile photos from fiverr, post them on other sites and sell our services for a higher price, without our authorization. Essentially, these others are representing themselves as you and selling your end products for additional profits.

How do you all feel about this? Is this something that you would like to be notified about if it is happening to you? Does it bother you or do you care? Do you think of it as free advertising for your fiverr gigs or more like you’re being taken advantage of?

These other site profiles do not link to your fiverr profile or even mention fiverr at all. They simply capture your profile photos and offer the same services.

One I saw today had a profile photo of someone on fiverr, albeit their country flag was different, and they were reselling the original fiverr service for $15 on the alternate site. I was about to provide this information to the seller on fiverr, but I wanted to get the communities thoughts on this first.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated!

jive-a-five

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for the reply madmoo. Do you think it is something that is just to big to address with any real results?

I have copied a few of the older gig descriptions into google, and the results that generate have provided links to multiple other sites with verbatim descriptions and profile photos of the original fiverr gig, but the fiverr gig link is listed 4th or 5th down the list.

I suppose it’s just the nature of the beast, but I would fight to take one of mine down if I found one…

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for the reply madmoo. Do you think it is something that is just to big to address with any real results?

I have copied a few of the older gig descriptions into google, and the results that generate have provided links to multiple other sites with verbatim descriptions and profile photos of the original fiverr gig, but the fiverr gig link is listed 4th or 5th down the list.

I suppose it’s just the nature of the beast, but I would fight to take one of mine down if I found one…

I am a victim of this but… seriously I fought the fire with the other websites I Was cloned on for about a week before I admitted defeat and thought of the $'s

It’s not a nice feeling knowing someone is profiteering from you, it’s just how business works.

Just learn to forget about it.

I am a victim of this but… seriously I fought the fire with the other websites I Was cloned on for about a week before I admitted defeat and thought of the $'s

It’s not a nice feeling knowing someone is profiteering from you, it’s just how business works.

Just learn to forget about it.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

A lot of these other sites are doing horrible with customers and customer ratings. There’s way too many clone sites and maybe Fiverr needs to battle to have them all closed. They are infringing on Fiverr.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

A lot of these other sites are doing horrible with customers and customer ratings. There’s way too many clone sites and maybe Fiverr needs to battle to have them all closed. They are infringing on Fiverr.

I don’t understand the problem as long as they aren’t impersonating you. It’s a highly functional business model that is employed in offline businesses all the time.

You (wholesale) are contracted by a business (the reseller) who then promotes “their” services, which you then offer up as a white label service, as per your contract, and they rebrand it under their services.

You get a lot more money, they get paid for indirectly promoting you… Everybody wins. So what’s the problem?

I don’t understand the problem as long as they aren’t impersonating you. It’s a highly functional business model that is employed in offline businesses all the time.

You (wholesale) are contracted by a business (the reseller) who then promotes “their” services, which you then offer up as a white label service, as per your contract, and they rebrand it under their services.

You get a lot more money, they get paid for indirectly promoting you… Everybody wins. So what’s the problem?

Archived