Are You Considering Leaving Fiverr?

musiclover

Fiverr has been a nice little source for extra income, but now I’m starting to rethink some things with the recent changes. This withdrawal is the smallest one I’ve had and I hate it. I don’t think I’ll completely abandon Fiverr (for now), but I feel like I need to turn my attention to other things.

I’ve been hooked on this place for about 3 years, so its hard to just walk away. There’s a very very small ounce of hope that says “maybe Fiverr will get its sh*t together and I’ll get back popping”. But on the otherhand, I think that ship has sailed.

I’ve been battling with what I should do now that Fiverr has shitted on sellers with V2. I honestly don’t want to help Fiverr bring in any more new buyers unless I’m sending them to a squeeze page first (which is no problem; I already do it for my best selling gig).

So my questions to you all is...

With all the mishaps that's been going on this month:

✔ New Platform
✔ Bugs
✔ Drop in sales
✔ Cancellation Ratio Issues / Stripped Levels

Do you still think Fiverr is worth sticking around for? And if so, for how long?

What do you wish you would've done before Fiverr made things drastic changes?

-Nakita

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrspanda

I used to keep my fiverr gig’s link on my personal website and Facebook page. I have removed them all because quite frankly, I feel a little bit cheated. I worked really hard to get myself traffic and now I’m on the bottom of every page and featured sellers are rotated by category instead of subcategory so half the time, I don’t even get exposure. Instead, I just concentrate on my full time Tarot business outside of fiverr and all my outside links go straight to me, personally. I didn’t mind paying the 20% as a featured seller on the top of the page but moving me to the bottom and not even appearing under my subcategory is unacceptable.

I’ve been asked a couple of times if I’m done with Fiverr and I stay because of my faithful buyers. A lot of them have asked me not to go and told me that I’ve helped them through some hard times and that’s a very rewarding feeling. I am not going to punish them for some of the bitter feelings I have, it’s not their faults. I will be around because I know I have buyers that have been with me since I was level sheep but instead of being on fiverr daily, I’m only on 3-4 times a week now

Guest drawforever

Maybe there’s a chance that I might leave and go to a more flexible site where I can offer variety of services at different pricing. Possibly lesser fees as well.

Unfortunately other sites don’t have a lot of traffic and Fiverr knows this and they wanted to take advantage. But if Fiverr actually listens to us then I might stay.

Guest mrspanda

Reply to @musiclover: oh I definitely pay attention to other avenues more often now! Imagine charging $120 on fiverr and giving them 20%. In my non fiverr business, I do the same exact thing but I only have to pay the Paypal fee.

Being stripped of my levels due to carelessness of buyers, and not having any control over cancelations/orders is a big reason of why I’m backing away, and putting my tim back into my other work areas.

Sales have surely dropped, but I have faith (fingers crossed) this will get fixed soon. Got to keep in mind though, with sales a brand new sites means everyone has to learn how to do things over again.

Imagine if your email provider did a complete overhaul on their platform, or your smartphone was completely updated with a new look. You’d be hesitant to jump into things, and it should surely take a while for you to figure anything out, especially making a purchase for towards something.

Reply to @alphacat: Lol. I feel you. Personally, I can’t say “thank you for nothing”, because Fiverr was the only site I ever made consistent money on. So for that, I will forever be grantful. But its sad they launched this V2 how they did. With the increase in users means more competition, more copycat scammers, and more sales being taken away from hardworking legitimate sellers.

@drawforever, I feel the same way, but I know those other sites don’t have the traffic, advertising budget, or staff to be successful. They’re just trying to horne off Fiverr as an alternative/clone. I would love to offer a solution for frustrated sellers. I kind of do have a solution but I just need to tweak it.

@mrspanda, I’ve been thinking about adding paypal buttons to my site, but I hear horror stories about Paypal freezing accounts, and I think getting payments from Fiverr seem more legitimate than a ton of payments from different people. I could be wrong though.

@thepromogirl, I think it’s wrong how they did you. It makes me mad when I hear how easily fiverr takes away levels who people put in so much work to get there. I feel like being stripped maybe a certainty, so I try to plan for that now so I can make an easy transition away from Fiverr.

Reply to @alphacat: Lol. I feel you. Personally, I can’t say “thank you for nothing”, because Fiverr was the only site I ever made consistent money on. So for that, I will forever be grantful. But its sad they launched this V2 how they did. With the increase in users means more competition, more copycat scammers, and more sales being taken away from hardworking legitimate sellers.

@drawforever, I feel the same way, but I know those other sites don’t have the traffic, advertising budget, or staff to be successful. They’re just trying to horne off Fiverr as an alternative/clone. I would love to offer a solution for frustrated sellers. I kind of do have a solution but I just need to tweak it.

@mrspanda, I’ve been thinking about adding paypal buttons to my site, but I hear horror stories about Paypal freezing accounts, and I think getting payments from Fiverr seem more legitimate than a ton of payments from different people. I could be wrong though.

@thepromogirl, I think it’s wrong how they did you. It makes me mad when I hear how easily fiverr takes away levels who people put in so much work to get there. I feel like being stripped maybe a certainty, so I try to plan for that now so I can make an easy transition away from Fiverr.

Reply to @rmstyles: Yeah I hope so too, but like @thepromogirl said, people have to learn the new platform first, so who knows when our sales will get back to normal (if ever). They made this platform more complex than it needs to be. V1 was straightforward and easy to find/discover gigs. Of course Fiverr is going to hype this nonsense up on social media; they’re trying to drown out the already negative feedback from their users.

Guest mrspanda
musiclover said: I've been thinking about adding paypal buttons to my site, but I hear horror stories about Paypal freezing accounts

I had that happen once. I used to label naughty movies and made a grand a week doing it. Paypal was like why are you getting so much money from this website? They froze my account. I called them up (they answered within minutes and never put me on hold! their CS is unbelievably good!) and explained to them what I did and they giggled, unfroze my account, gave me my money. This was about 8 months ago. They haven't frozen my account not once since then. Even when I have problem with Fiverr and payment, I NEVER ask CS for help for it (honestly, what can they do?)... I go right to Paypal and they always helped me out.

Guest mrspanda
musiclover said: I've been thinking about adding paypal buttons to my site, but I hear horror stories about Paypal freezing accounts

I had that happen once. I used to label naughty movies and made a grand a week doing it. Paypal was like why are you getting so much money from this website? They froze my account. I called them up (they answered within minutes and never put me on hold! their CS is unbelievably good!) and explained to them what I did and they giggled, unfroze my account, gave me my money. This was about 8 months ago. They haven't frozen my account not once since then. Even when I have problem with Fiverr and payment, I NEVER ask CS for help for it (honestly, what can they do?)... I go right to Paypal and they always helped me out.

Reply to @mrspanda: Cool. Maybe if I contact them before I do any heavy advertising and give them a heads up, I won’t have any issues with them. That was some good information mrs. Panda. Thank you. I wonder why they freeze accounts when they’re making money? Especially if no one’s coming fourth with disbutes or fraud compliants.

Guest mrspanda

Reply to @musiclover: Because there are always issues with fraud… when you’re a brand new paypal user (As I was, back then) and you instantly get a large sum of money it raises a huge red flag. They take these precautions and will sometimes contact the person sending you the money to ensure that nothing bad taken place.

bachas85 said: What type of issues do you solve with Paypal? I've always wanted to know what can be done with certain issues.

Someone tried the whole cancelling after I delivered through Paypal sort of thing for me. I called them, e-mailed them like 10 screenshots to prove that I delivered what I delivered, and they transferred the money back into my Paypal account. Didn't go through Fiverr at all. This was for a $45 gig I did. Sounds like a lot of work... but hey. If I do the work, I'll be darned if someone is going to rip me off that amount of money.

Guest matt_garry

you guys will be making normal moola again in no time. fiverr is making a transition perhaps you guys need too also revamp or create new gigs get out of you’re comfort zone. I know that traffic must have increased since v2 with all the advertising and articles about it I am sure you can take advantage of that somehow.

((( 26,063,876,520 pageviews )))

I have to agree paypal has the best support. Even better than my real bank…

Reply to @mrspanda:

mrspanda said: Someone tried the whole cancelling after I delivered through Paypal sort of thing for me. I called them, e-mailed them like 10 screenshots to prove that I delivered what I delivered, and they transferred the money back into my Paypal account. Didn't go through Fiverr at all. This was for a $45 gig I did. Sounds like a lot of work... but hey. If I do the work, I'll be darned if someone is going to rip me off that amount of money.

Paypal directly contact us Or they ask fiverr team?

Well, I took a break for a very long time on Fiverr, just got back about a month or so ago from a long hiatus and did some changing around of things, and had a fairly significant increase in orders. Fiverr V2 rolled around, and I got even more interest. I do however, market myself a tad bit differently then everyone else, though. I am not too worried about anyone going anywhere, in fact, for me. I have had better business in the past few months, than I did since I started long ago.

I have no issues sticking around for the long-term. I just wished they actually increase the caps of what a level 2 could charge per gig extra.

The way I market myself to get sales on Fiverr actually seems 1000x more effective with the changes Fiverr has made so honestly, I am quite happy. I haven’t had time to change around some gigs and make a few new ones, but when I do I feel I will have really good success.

Guest mrspanda

Reply to @bachas85: Nope, no need for Fiverr AS LONG AS YOU CAN PROVE THERE WAS A SALE AND THAT YOU DELIVERED. I conversed with the buyer first who simply said “oh well :)” so I knew that she did it intentionally. Paypal is really really good with this stuff, not only with Fiverr, but other sites as well. Their CS is truly spectacular.

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @mrspanda: thank you for lettings us know this everyone is saying you are powerless when it comes to paypal refunds nice to know the other side of the story. when people who actually bother to do the work and prove it instead of whining about it:)

Every freelancing site does the same which fiverr is doing right now.

First they give benefits to sellers to come and spread the word to join this site.

Ater they achieve TOP level, they starting to ignore the sellers, and give more tool/access/permission and less restrictions to buyers. Because buyers are those who PAYS them.

By reaching this top level if hundred or thousand seller complain, they wont listen because those hundred or thousand will be replaced with new people in few days.

So if we leave, it will never affect fiverr now. But if they did not change their attitude, in long run they will loose creative sellers.

Fiverr is not my main source of income, and it will never be. And those who think to make fiverr their permanent source of income and leave their job, they have to think twice.

As for ME, i will soon leave Fiverr if cancellation issue not solved. Because it is just killing the sellers.

Archived