Fiverr Community Forum

Are you serious?

They’ve been messing around with the search so much lately that you could be on page 1 one day and then nowhere the next. I don’t now why they are playing around with it. There seems to be a lot happening behind the scenes. Fiverr has become secretive - and this is not a good move for users. Stormy waters lie ahead…

1 Like

I hate to say this, but top performers are getting sidelined. Crazy, crazy stuff. I’ve never bothered about the TRS status, but now I realize its importance, because you can only find my gigs with the TRS filter. I honestly don’t know why this has been done, and what purpose it serves. I am busy for the rest of the month, but no idea what’s going to happen after that, there is just too much uncertainty here.

2 Likes

The algorithm is capricious, one day you’re on the first row, next day someone with two reviews or no reviews is on the first row and you can’t be found.

2 Likes

What are tag-based results? The keywords we put at the bottom of our gig titles? Or the words in our gig titles?

As far as I am aware – and based upon Fiverr’s announcement – it would seem that the tag-based search system that Fiverr is/has/will be switching to is centered around the tags we select for our gigs. I’m sure there are other factors still associated with the search results, but the tags appear to be intended as the new core element.

2 Likes

No more new clients to my services as well… Thanks to my repeated clients :smiley:
I used to get clients on daily basis now weekly basis… My GIGs are jumping up and down let them breath Fiverr :)…

1 Like

Having gigs constantly moving around in the rankings must be the newest way to try to let more gigs be visible. My gigs constantly shift around too. I refresh my browser several times and each time they have moved.

2 Likes

I’ve been monitoring my gig the past week, 5/6 times a day. My gig has always been on page 2/3 if you search “Shopify”. Over the past few days I’ve seen it on page 1, but there has been times that I’ve checked it and it was on page 22, then checked it again a few hours later and I was back in the position It was before. I have checked just now and I’m back on page 1 again. I’ve noticed if you search for your gig while logged in you appear higher. So I’ve been searching in an incognito window.

It looks like they’re just shuffling it around every so often, probably to give other people a turn on the front page.

1 Like

Sadly, I’m back to where I was in 2014, when I first signed up on the site. My earnings peaked in January, then were chopped down to almost nothing by March. If I didn’t have repeat clients I wouldn’t be earning anything on my main article writing gig. I even added a super cheap gig just so I’d have something to DO during the week. It gets a few orders. And I offer some repeat buyers a discount. Every month I have gone in and tweaked my gigs. That seems to have no effect at all. I do still need to try adding a video—can’t hurt, right? And if it doesn’t work at all, I’ll just take it down.

1 Like

I’m not aware of anything at all that works now. Before if we tweaked a few things in the right way it paid off. It was always, since I’ve started over four years ago, very predictable that hard work paid off in definite ways.

I can’t believe this drastic change was deliberate.

1 Like

I just got 5 orders in a row all from new clients, all large orders. This is how it used to be every day back until April. I feel alive again! :fireworks:

They all came in together within the same minutes. Thanks fiverr
gotta fly

13 Likes

So happy for you! I’ve been reading all your process with Fiverr going crazy lately and was like ‘‘oh my…’’

Well, seems it is my turn now! I just delivered my last order on queue list!
I think this never happened to me before. Being with no active order…panic in 3…2…
haha

1 Like

I liked this before you added the gif, and I want to :heart: it again now.

3 Likes

I did a test search now for Label design and i noticed the same gigs in every page.
I guess this is a bug right?

I added one for you.

1 Like

I just checked my rankings and crazy enough my gigs are placed in the first page again! I hope it stays this way. My orders are starting to pick up again nicely

3 Likes

My gigs are not found in anywhere. :frowning: :smiley:

1 Like

Nevermind they’re all gone again smh

1 Like

They only leave gigs in a good place for a second so that gigs are constantly moving around. I must have had a full minute where all my gigs were at the top of the listings since all five orders came in within a minute.

2 Likes

When you saw your gigs in the top place was that in relevance or recommended?

1 Like