Fiverr Community Forum

Art theft on Fiverr

It’s disgustingly common. I set up a new gig today, so I was looking around at other peoples gigs to see what I am “competing” with and found so much stolen art in people’s gig portfolios, and their actual client art looking nothing like it. I reported a few instances with links to the original artists work, but because there is so much of it should I even bother? I mean eventually potential buyers will see that the seller’s work is nothing like the stolen examples and so their gigs will fail anyway… but still.

As an artist who tries hard to make honest work, it saddens me greatly there is so much art theft everywhere on fiverr and off fiverr. It’s just horribly noticeable here, some of these sellers make it so obvious it’s not their art. It’s a shame people part with their money and fall for that.

EDIT: So there’s my rant, but perhaps Fiverr could have some sort of art theft checker when a seller uploads examples to their gig portfolio, and see if it appears consistently on other websites, like Google’s reverse image search. If there are enough hits, that gig will be flagged and reviewed by a human staff member to check if there is actual art theft going on.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Suggestion to deter art theft