Fiverr Community Forum

Article writers - what are some examples of topics you get asked to write on?

I’m working on setting up a few gigs, but I want to make sure I know what I’m getting myself into, so if it’s possible please let me know what kind of requests you get from buyers! Thank you!

I wrote about a little bit of everything. Popular topic: cosplay and anything revolving around dressing up. Second popular was research articles and third online game reviews.

A lot has changed over the months but there will almost always be a need for research articles on varying subjects.

Hmmm. I get such a ridiculous variety it’s almost unbelievable.

Seriously, I wrote 600 words on boobs yesterday and today I wrote 1,000 words on a bed.

Your best bet would be to see what subject specific gigs are selling the most. :slight_smile:

• Steven

Thank you guys!

That depends what type of article you love to write. I love to write Medical research articles and Real estate articles so normally I accept this range and sometimes I also write on Furniture and Hotels

I have placed a list of the topics I’m familiar with on my gig page - this has brought in my main repeat buyers - but I still often get orders for lots of different topics. I’ve written practically everything - from “what to look for in buying a rabbit hutch” (as a pet owner, an easy one for me) to betting and gambling articles (requiring research!).

If you’re approached with an order or request and you don’t want to write the topic, you can say no or cancel - for topics that I know I will need to conduct a fair amount of research on, I ask the buyer to either purchase a gig extra or provide some links to research themselves - most prefer to just purchase, but some do provide info beforehand, which is always good!

I’m actually going to stop my writing gig soon - happy to refer any of my existing buyers for you if I can’t fit them into my new schedule!

1 Like

Hi Luna,
Hope you are doing well and staying safe!
I have just started my copywriting gig and would love any kind of help in terms of referrals in these uncertain times.
Regards,
Syed

Well, I wasn’t going to reply as I don’t want to assume anything, but I know from your profile and gig that you steal content from other sellers (on and off Fiverr).

Your gig description, profile description, and even your FAQ content are all copy and pasted from other sellers (one of who is a top-rated seller for copywriting, has been here for 6 years or more, and who I believe to be a genuine English language writer).

I say this, not with malice or negativity, but understanding and advice:

1. Do something else on Fiverr. Surely you have other skills you can sell other than pretending you are an English writer and you can deliver very nuanced English language content? Have a funny laugh? Video it and sell it. Have great advice for how men should dress? Offer your services.

2. Whatever you do, just don’t, for the love of God, rip off other sellers and buyers by stating you’re something you’re not. You will get bad reviews and leave buyers who want to genuinely receive good service with a bad taste in their mouth. It’s against Fiverr’s ToS to copy other seller’s gig and profile descriptions.

Look, maybe you are genuinely English fluent and you’re not sure of the way things work on Fiverr, but in any case use unique gig descriptions, use your own words to entice buyers, not some copy-paste job that is, quite frankly, insulting to hard-working sellers on here.

Many thanks, and good luck.

1 Like