Fiverr Forum

Artist sells plagiarized work

Hi, I ordered a shirt design from an artist who has a lot of great reviews which suggests he gets away with this often. He litterally ripped a design off of another designer on another site and tried to pawn it off as his own. Luckily I found out because I was trying to find a picture to show the artist for a revision I wanted and I found the illustration he gave me on another designers website. I told Fiverr and they still have his account up.

They refunded the money for the plagiarized job to my card which was good but I also had another order with the same artist that I cancelled because of all this. That money is now on my Fiverr balance but I don’t want to use this site anymore and asked them repeatedly to transfer it back to my card and they won’t.

I get the feeling that this is all apart of their business model. Fiverr refuses to transfer my monney back to my card after multiple requests.

Fiverr refuses to refund my money

I’m sorry this happened to you. Even though here are a lot of good and honest sellers we still hear stories of sellers that copying some else’s work. I think it’s just the matter of finding right designer which takes a lot of time though.

Did fiverr support tell you what’s the reason why they didn’t want to transfer it back to your account? They usually transferring it right away after contacting them.

4 Likes

Hi @austin_b_evans,

I’m sorry you’re going through this but I’ve seen you’ve had some very good expierences with other sellers. Why not give it another try with another seller?

There are plenty of honest people here and I’m sure you’ll find someone who will do a great job for you. Just please don’t let one rotten apple give you a bad picture.

Hope you change your mind about not using Fiverr anymore.

3 Likes

Despite the fact I can’t trust the site and I’ve heard of this happening to other people as well, I don’t want to give it a try because I don’t like the profiles of the other artists on the site. I’ve spent a lot of time looking for what I want and can’t find it here. Not trying to insult anybody it’s just the stuff on Fiverr is not my taste

Well done to @maitasun and @mariashtelle1 for being so helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too @merciavideo :hugs: :christmas_tree: :ribbon: :gift:

1 Like