Artists Talk About Art Tool of Use

dannykojima1

Hey fellow artists! I know, I feel kind of weird for posting this on here thought – I know some of you artists may use the different kind of tools for digital painting such: Portrait people painting, nature painting, environment/landscape concept art, character illustrations, game art, animals art, character designs, vehicle designs, interior/architecture design and space art.

So, let’s share what kind of tools and software you’re using for creating art! And share with us why you create art?

Okay, I’ll go first then…

“Artist’s Career Before Fiverr”
I’m Danny Kojima, and I’m a concept artist/illustrator. I used Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Illustrator CC to create art, painting with Wacom Cintiq 13HD (2013 version). Well, I also created portrait with traditional fine art oil and watercolors painting back in the late 90’s during my teen years in high school, until I discovered about the early Adobe Photoshop version 5.0. in computer class in 2000s!

My favorite type of art I enjoy creating portrait painting, animals painting (especially wild horses, lions, black panther), nature painting with traditional oil painting! Although I never go to art school or attended art class in the early 90’s, because I taught myself to be an artist when I first pick up the paintbrush back in 1987 in kindergarten school. So that’s where I learned how to painted from “The Joy of Painting” show with Bob Ross. Unlike most kids who enjoyed watching Saturday morning cartoons.

When I was 9 at that time, I used to draw X-Men, Batman anime series comic characters for neighbor kids who paid me $2 and up to $5 each! Crazy, right? Back then, when there is no social medias for artists to promote their work on the platform such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. In 1994, I found my way around to promoted my drawing with color crayons at elementary school by drawing Sub-Zero from “Mortal Kombat” comic version, Ryu from “Street Fighters 2” SNES (Super Nintendo) when those stuff was very popular in the mid-90’s. But, of course, I got my first commission to created the dragon and a cookie jar for Railey Bel Air grocery stores for $40.

I wasn’t the type of kid who enjoy drawing Japanese anime or manga version. I mean no offense to the people who enjoy anime/manga drawing. I guess I was exposed to the American culture and society since I grew up in California in the late 80’s. Now I’m 39 and almost turn 40! Luckily I didn’t get caught for drawing these Marvel and DC Comics anime series when I was a kid, and didn’t understand the risk of Copyright Infringement! Those was crazy days, the wonderful memories I had are gone.

I have been drawing for many years until I finally bought my first computer Sony VAIO Windows 2000 along with Adobe Photoshop 5.5. in the early 2000s after senior high school graduation, with the money I received from Art Gallery award in 2002. At that time, I didn’t know Wacom Cintiq 13HD or any of the pen tablet existed back then in the 90’s! Weird times, right? So I went ahead and bought my first PC, then let all my creative flow, until I got my first job as a 2D game character designer in 2007, but I won’t want to share my old job on here for private reason. Sorry guys!

I love create art because it is my strong passion and I enjoy making art the most, and couldn’t live without art! Now, I finally discovered my own original style of art, and use art for create illustration for the movie, game and TV shows, music and books – whatever I can create for the people who are looking for the kind of artist who was able to re-create the Retro-type of art style such as the 40s, 60s, 70s, the 80’s and the 90’s. You name it! I guess that’s why grew up in those days have influence me strong, and still has nostalgia, whenever I created retro illustration artwork.

What kind of art tools and software I used for creating art?

1. Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 - Great software for creating Retro TV/movies poster artwork.
  2. Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 - Best choice of software for creating Retro style poster artwork, including retro logo design.

Tools

1. Wacom Cintiq 13HD
  2. Tourbox Neo - Best console controller with shortcut keys for artists’ creativity workflow to speed up the artwork!

Okay… your turn! 🙂

I’m on the go artist I have a Samsung tab s3 which I use with Artflow app to make draft sketches, then I have iPad 2018 9.7 inch variant 2gb ram, I use it for cleaning up the drafts and colouring my artworks, then there’s PC at home for those rare high resolution artworks 5kx5k pixels which none of my tablets can handle. 😌

I’m on the go artist I have a Samsung tab s3 which I use with Artflow app to make draft sketches, then I have iPad 2018 9.7 inch variant 2gb ram, I use it for cleaning up the drafts and colouring my artworks, then there’s PC at home for those rare high resolution artworks 5kx5k pixels which none of my tablets can handle. 😌

That’s really awesome, wanderingartist! Thanks for sharing your art experience with us artist on the forum. 🙂

Archived