Ask a Super Seller

reddhorrocks

Welcome to a new Q&A thread brought to you by several Super Sellers within your Fiverr Ambassador team. We’re here to help answer any questions you might want to ask, either about your work if you need advice, or any questions about how we do what we do that you’ve been wanting to ask.

You can find our stories here:

Redd: http://blog.fiverr.com/super-seller-reddhorrocks-fiverr-is-my-agent/

Tom: http://blog.fiverr.com/super-seller-newbold3d-career-born/

Wayne: http://blog.fiverr.com/super-seller-ozzieuk-conquering-the-world-from-a-tiny-little-town/

Adam: http://blog.fiverr.com/fiverr-super-seller-twistedweb123/

Now, what can we answer for you?

P.S. If you are looking for how to improve your gig to get sales, why not start here: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/71090/share-your-gig-here-and-get-others-to-share-their-first-impressions

http://blog.fiverr.com/wp-content/themes/extranews/images/icons/social/e_light.png

Home - Official Fiverr Blog

http://blog.fiverr.com

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, I am thinking about becoming a Fiverr Seller, doing graphic design for stationery, logos, newspapers, newsletters etc, but I am unsure what I should do to get started. Can you give me some tips? I want to get my gig right the first time if possible. Thank you in advance, regards Cathy

Reply to @jadesmummy:

Hi Cathy! My best advice to start with is to really put some time into coming up with your gig listing. Make sure you word it well and polish it up. If you already have some samples of your work, include those, and if possible make a gig video. You’ll have the most success if you show people the range of work that you can do. Other than that, be patient when you post your gig. It can take time to build up a client base. Good luck and let us know if you have any further questions!

-Redd

Reply to @julipalmer7:

Hey Juli! Your gigs already look great but there is always room for improvement. For me Fiverr sales really took off when i decided to add a personal video of my self presenting my service. Buyers really like that personal connection and it will help give them confidence in their purchase.

All the best! Tom

Such a great feature. Thank you for taking the time :).

My questions would be…

1. How did the TRS status affected you in a negative or positive way?
  2. If you could change one thing on Fiverr what would it be?

Thank you!

Reply to @annai80:

1. Becoming a TRS, for me, has been nothing but positive. It’s basically a signal to your clients that you have an established business and reputation. It also comes with a few added perks such as more extras.
  2. My change would be such a silly little thing, but I would bring back the To-Do number counter in the header bar. I used to love that thing! I would use it to manage my workflow all the time. But, I have to admit, I do love how the site continues to look cleaner and cleaner with every upgrade.

Thanks for the questions!

Reply to @annai80: Great questions!

1. Becoming a TRS has had a very positive effect, everything from increased reputation, to the ability to process larger orders.

The only aspect some may consider negative is the expectation. As a TRS, buyers expect the work to be the best in the community and have little wiggle room for indifference, unlike room possibly given to newer sellers. However, TRS are chosen for a reason and as long as you are aware of this going in you have nothing to worry about! It can be a big step up but myself (and I’m sure others), relish the challenge.

2. I’m always suggesting changes and I think as a community we all should - whether that’s on the forum, or directly to customer support. Picking just one change is difficult, however if I were to look at the grand picture, my biggest change would be to have a visible roadmap to users - i.e. a feature which show changes in the works and on their way to completion. When I dissect this feature though, I’m not sure how possible it is. Fiverr innovates in a marketplace which has sprung up many copycats. Publicising upcoming changes could see them copied early or undermined.

Regards,

Adam

Hi there,

I am glad that fiverr always helped and motivated its sellers to improve. I really love the way fiverr support us. I am happy being promoted to level 2 - now aiming for top seller.

On my promotion, lots of spam messages start coming to my inbox which fiverr blocked itself - same I cant respond to them. This affect my response rate coming down from 100% to 93%. If this happens again and again, response rate and my promotion will be affected.

Secondly, the services I am offering on fiverr are so unique that my every delivery is exclusive and time consuming. I am more focused on rating (quality delivery) than earning money (quantity deliveries).

Please let me know if I will be promoted to top seller in near future or should I have to focus on quantity also?

Thanks,

Arsalan Jilani

Hey @arsalanjilani

Spam messages are something that we all deal with. Fiverr are aware and actively looking to reduce these. Im pretty sure these messages do not count towards your response rate but i’ll double check now, if it does i’m sure it shouldn’t so should be fixed soon. I’ll edit this when i find out.
Remember the response rate is on a rolling 30 day cycle meaning you will be able to get back to that golden 100% 🙂 Mine is currently 99% and i’m sure ive responded to every message. Bear with them, i think they’re still tweaking things. Just remember we are all on the same playing field! 🙂

Keep going at the quality Arsalan and there is no doubt an editor will pick you be a TRS one day 🙂 It took me a good year to received my badge!

Tom

Hi, I’ve had a gig on here for a long time with not one sale. I engaged a few fiverr sellers to help me with the gig listing, but not one order. I have not the personality to make a video of myself and am about the pack it in. Can you have a look at my gig (I think it has been taken off due to inactivity) and tell me what the problem is? Thanks, dingodudette

Guest hamza_k

Hello Friends,

I have been on Fiverr from past 1 year or so

From past few months i am not getting orders at all

What’s the reason and how to do gig promotion

There are some sellers who become super seller within few months

But its not working with me 😦

Kindly help someone

Thanks

Archived