Asking about requirements

If a buyer orders one of your gigs, what do you need from them (eg. what information or files) in order to do the work in your gigs? Ask for that info/files in the requirements section.

If he said about file so that I will make a attachment option in the requirements right?

• Like 5

I would consider the Order Requirements page as one of the most essential parts of a good gig, right up there with gig videos, images, and description.

This is where you want to be as thorough as possible to cover any and all instructions needed to properly complete an order, even without any additional buyer communication.

Lackluster or nonexistent order requirements are the source of so many troubles, from misunderstandings and arguments to deadline extensions and cancellations.

• Like 7

Suppose you are a logo designer, For that as the requirement you can ask the buyer what will be the preferable color for the logo and that will be the inspiration?

When the buyer purchases your gig package they will be going through those specific question that you need regarding the project…

• Like 7

I would consider the Order Requirements page as one of the most essential parts of a good gig, right up there with gig videos, images, and description.

This is where you want to be as thorough as possible to cover any and all instructions needed to properly complete an order, even without any additional buyer communication.

Lackluster or nonexistent order requirements are the source of so many troubles, from misunderstandings and arguments to deadline extensions and cancellations.

Thank you for the reply

Just an information… how can buyer can give their files?

Is it through the attachment we made in our requirements? Right!!

• Like 4

If he said about file so that I will make a attachment option in the requirements right?

You need to set up the requirements in a way that will work for buyers of that gig in general. Not just for 1 particular buyer. Set it up so you get all the info you need and any files you need to do the work you need.

Be careful of the terms of service too. Saying “I will help you in solving mathematics assignments” might be interpreted as helping someone with their academic work (work they have been given to do for school/college). Read the section from the terms of service and community standards about academic work.

• Like 4

You need to set up the requirements in a way that will work for buyers of that gig in general. Not just for 1 particular buyer. Set it up so you get all the info you need and any files you need to do the work you need.

Be careful of the terms of service too. Saying “I will help you in solving mathematics assignments” might be interpreted as helping someone with their academic work (work they have been given to do for school/college). Read the section from the terms of service and community standards about academic work.

Thank you for the reply…!

• Like 4

The requirement section is the most important section.

If a buyer has placed the order directly, then how you will come to know what he/she wants. So, in the requirements section, the buyer will submit the project details/files So that you will come to know what the buyer want.

You can put these kinds of stuff in the requirement section:

1. Complete project details
  2. Project files like Content/text, logo, images, etc
  3. Example design
  4. Any other information that you want to share

I hope it will help you.

Thank You!
Abdhesh Jha

• Like 5

• 2 years later...