Fiverr Community Forum

Attaching a youtube link as a sample

Can I attach my youtube playlist link in response to buyer request as a work sample?

Will, it is regarded as spam?
or against Fiverr TOS?

Pls, tell me what do you think… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, you can! Glad to help!

1 Like

Have you read TOS yourself?

1 Like

can you tell me some reasons???

1 Like

Huh… I’ve done it many times… I thought it was in the list of links you could send… And what if it’s a video editing gig and and your videos are on YouTube?

Sorry you’re right. You can but it could be risky.

1 Like

Sorry it actually is allowed, but personally I wouldn’t do it because you could be accused of spamming, plus you can’t prove that that is your own work. Better to have a portfolio in your gig itself, I feel.

1 Like

Risky, how? I do agree that you may have no way of proving that it’s yours, but isn’t that true for all work?

1 Like

Definitely but it’s easier to forge a link than it is to put a file on your gig. Plus in marketing once you refer a visitor to a different website, the chances of them returning to yours go way down.

Native files are better for marketing than referring elsewhere.

1 Like

Hm… But, he’s referring to YouTube… YouTube and Fiverr accounts aren’t connected. Sure if it was say something else like a GitHub or Stack Overflow account, then this may be true!

1 Like

You’re misunderstanding. I know they aren’t connected. That’s the problem.

Oh, okay, sorry for the misunderstanding! But I think you would still have a problem proving either way and the buyer would just have to take your word for it!