ATTENTION USA SELLERS: 1099s will be issued by the end of the month if you made over $20,000

misscrystal

PLEASE SCROLL TO THE LAST POST FOR CORRECT INFORMATION.

Please ignore the incorrect posts in this thread. The last post by me is the correct one. We will be getting 1099s.

I am wondering when our 1099s will arrive? And where we will find them. Thank you in advance.

For anyone in the USA, you should fill out the w-9 form you will see in your settings.

You will be getting a 1099 form soon with your earnings statement from fiverr, according to what we were told last year.

I’m adding this link for anyone who is in the USA and not yet aware we will be getting 1099s this year:

Hi Everyone, In the next few day, some of you will see that we (Fiverr) will be asking sellers who are defined as a US Person* to complete a W-9 form regarding their activity on Fiverr. You will receive a notification on the Fiverr website and an email message asking you to check your status within 30 days, in a form of a short questionnaire. If in fact you are classified as a US Person*, you will undergo a short process in which you will fill in Form W-9 that contains standard business infor…

I did a simple search for “1099” for the answer.

You could have done that, too.

Anyway, I’ll save you some work.

You are NOT employed by Fiverr.

If anything, you are an independent contractor.

So, that means the paperwork you request is up to you to put together.

I’ll give you some help with that.

What I do is I have a separate bank account for all my freelance work.

At income tax time I take monthly statements from that account to my tax person.

Just 12 pieces of paper.

All the info is there.

Easy.

At income tax time I take monthly statements from that account to my tax person.

Just 12 pieces of paper.

All the info is there.

Easy.

Did you fill out the W-9 form on fiverr? Why did we do that?

We independent contractors in the usa will be getting 1099s this year from fiverr, according to what we were told last year.

Just 12 pieces of paper.

All the info is there.

Easy.

I filled out a W-9 and thought it was so they could send me a 1099. I have done that for other online companies and they send a 1099, even though I am not an employee.

I filled out a W-9 and thought it was so they could send me a 1099. I have done that for other online companies and they send a 1099, even though I am not an employee.

Well…

Do a search for “1099” here on the Forum to read what I did.

Or you can ask Fiverr CS.

Again, you can search the Forum with “1099” as it has been asked before.

Or you can ask Fiverr CS.

I’m asking here, thank you. This was discussed quite a bit last year and we were told to expect to get 1099s.

I like to get my paperwork to my accountant as soon as possible each year so it would be nice to have the 1099 to send her with the rest of it.

From my search that you could have done:

I’m sure this has been asked before, but the search function didn’t produce any suitable answers. I’m in a weird tax situation (very long story) so I need to know with 100% certainty whether Fiverr provides 1099s? I made just over 1k last year from two months work on Fiverr, and I did not receive a 1099 this past January. However, I do not know if that is because Fiverr does not provide 1099s or if I did not earn enough to qualify for a 1099. I’m going to file my taxes this year regardless, bu…
If I pay a seller who is based in the U.S. over $600 worth of work for the year I am technically required by law to request a W-9 and send them a 1099-MISC… https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1099-misc https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-9 Fiverr seems to have a strict communication policy about contacting each other outside their platform / requesting personal information such as Social Security Number, address, real names, ect (All stuff that is required on the W-9)… https:/…
Does fiver send out 1099 Misc. forms to sellers? I’ve come across posts mentioning sellers that are between the $600 and $20,000 threshold only need to list their pay from the site as “other” or “Schedule C”. Though I haven’t come across anything concrete about 1099 Misc forms. Also, does Payoneer send out any sort of 1099 forms? It’s where I’ve had my pay transferred to first once I receive pay on Fiverr (and then sent to my regular bank account last)

I could add more.

From my search that you could have done:

I’m sure this has been asked before, but the search function didn’t produce any suitable answers. I’m in a weird tax situation (very long story) so I need to know with 100% certainty whether Fiverr provides 1099s? I made just over 1k last year from two months work on Fiverr, and I did not receive a 1099 this past January. However, I do not know if that is because Fiverr does not provide 1099s or if I did not earn enough to qualify for a 1099. I’m going to file my taxes this year regardless, bu…
If I pay a seller who is based in the U.S. over $600 worth of work for the year I am technically required by law to request a W-9 and send them a 1099-MISC… https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1099-misc https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-9 Fiverr seems to have a strict communication policy about contacting each other outside their platform / requesting personal information such as Social Security Number, address, real names, ect (All stuff that is required on the W-9)… https:/…
Does fiver send out 1099 Misc. forms to sellers? I’ve come across posts mentioning sellers that are between the $600 and $20,000 threshold only need to list their pay from the site as “other” or “Schedule C”. Though I haven’t come across anything concrete about 1099 Misc forms. Also, does Payoneer send out any sort of 1099 forms? It’s where I’ve had my pay transferred to first once I receive pay on Fiverr (and then sent to my regular bank account last)

I could add more.

Those do not say when we will be getting our 1099s. Please understand what I am asking. They should be coming along any time now. I just wanted to know when to expect it.

If you know when we will get them let me know please?

That is because you WON’T BE GETTING ONE!!!

You are a freelancer.

Do your own homework.

I’ve led you by the hand enough here.

You are a freelancer.

Do your own homework.

We will be getting one according to what we were told earlier by fiverr. Being a freelancer does not mean we don’t get 1099s. I get them from another online company I do freelance work for.

Tax laws in usa change every year so you might not be aware of the more recent changes.

We are allowed to ask questions here and this is an important one.

Your posts are misleading in the fact that we were told we were getting 1099s this year and that was the reason we filled out W-9 forms. I hope you understand that this was for people in usa, and meant to be helpful to all of us.

More research I’ve done for you.

This comes directly from Fiverr:

You only need to file income taxes in the United States if you make over a certain amount of money annually. This varies by year, so check irs.gov for more info.

You’re welcome.

Yes that is true but many of us get 1099s. The amount must be over $400 to have to pay taxes as I recall. I made more than that.

This may be helpful to you: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011135837-W-9-Collection

Perhaps someone from the USA will have something more to add.

Thank you. This was the only thing I saw relating to my question:

Are the 1099s going to start from the date we sign the W-9s, or at the start of 2020?

Forms will be sent in 2021 for the entire 2020 tax year.

I just want to know when we will get the 1099s.

Thank you. This was the only thing I saw relating to my question:

Are the 1099s going to start from the date we sign the W-9s, or at the start of 2020?

Forms will be sent in 2021 for the entire 2020 tax year.

There is a Submit a Request at the bottom of the article if you require further help.

There is a Submit a Request at the bottom of the article if you require further help.

Thank you. I posted this here thinking it would be of help to not just me but to everyone.

I and others now have to wait to file our taxes until we get our 1099s.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of the date or timing of getting them.

Thank you. I posted this here thinking it would be of help to not just me but to everyone.

I and others now have to wait to file our taxes until we get our 1099s.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of the date or timing of getting them.

I posted this here thinking it would be of help to not just me but to everyone.

If you decide to Submit a Request maybe post the answer here.

You are a freelancer.

Do your own homework.

I’ve led you by the hand enough here.

You may want to take a look at the link I posted in my first post. If fiverr sends a 1099 to the US tax authorities they will give us a copy to file with our taxes.

edit: apparently fiverr does not send us a 1099. It’s confusing because they said they were sending one out to the IRS for all sellers and I thought they had to send a copy to us but maybe not.

Form 1099 is used to report certain types of non-employment income to the IRS, and there are many different types.

The IRS matches 1099s with your tax return; if you fail to report one, it will pursue you for taxes owed.

The deadline to mail 1099s to taxpayers is Jan. 31.

You are responsible for paying the taxes you owe even if you don’t get the form from a payer, so make sure to include those earnings in your tax return.

If you receive an incorrect 1099 form and the payer has already sent it the IRS, ask them to send in a corrected form.

I got a response from CS:

Fiverr does not issue any 1099 forms directly to its sellers. Fiverr uses two payment processing companies to pay its sellers: PayPal and Payoneer. US individual sellers should receive their 1099-K form directly from PayPal or Payoneer, respectively, for withdrawals that exceed $20,000 and more than 200 transactions per year.

This leaves a big gap because anyone who does not have withdrawals that exceed $20,000, or more than 200 transactions, would not be getting a 1099, from anyone.

Archived