Auto-completion of order isn't working for me

aqsak192

I have been at Fiverr for two years. During this time, there have been changes in policies to favor buyers that seem justified. But now, it appears that policies in favor of buyers are going just above the line creating another headache for sellers.
It was Fiverr’s policy that an order gets automatically completed after three days when buyer doesn’t respond. Happened to me even with revised orders, plenty of time.
But now, I just came to know that for an order in revision, if the buyer doesn’t mark it complete it doesn’t get auto-completed after three days of delivery with no response from buyers. Like, you may have to wait forever for the buyer to come online again or just cancel the order and sink all the money you actually worked for.
When my order didn’t get complete even after 6 days, I contacted CS. Surprisingly, they said either I can cancel the order or wait for the buyer to respond (which may take God knows how long!)
So folks, we have a new headache here…
Anybody else experienced this yet?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been at Fiverr for two years. During this time, there have been changes in policies to favor buyers that seem justified. But now, it appears that policies in favor of buyers are going just above the line creating another headache for sellers.

It was Fiverr’s policy that an order gets automatically completed after three days when buyer doesn’t respond. Happened to me even with revised orders, plenty of time.

But now, I just came to know that for an order in revision, if the buyer doesn’t mark it complete it doesn’t get auto-completed after three days of delivery with no response from buyers. Like, you may have to wait forever for the buyer to come online again or just cancel the order and sink all the money you actually worked for.

When my order didn’t get complete even after 6 days, I contacted CS. Surprisingly, they said either I can cancel the order or wait for the buyer to respond (which may take God knows how long!)

When my order didn’t get complete even after 6 days, I contacted CS. Surprisingly, they said either I can cancel the order or wait for the buyer to respond

This seems very strange. I think someone must have been mistaken.

I would request that someone else at CS take a look at this.

This wouldn’t make sense, to have delivered orders hanging forever in limbo.

When my order didn’t get complete even after 6 days, I contacted CS. Surprisingly, they said either I can cancel the order or wait for the buyer to respond

This seems very strange. I think someone must have been mistaken.

I would request that someone else at CS take a look at this.

This wouldn’t make sense, to have delivered orders hanging forever in limbo.

Exactly. The CSR told me that he was unable to accept the order on the behalf of buyer so all I could do is to wait for my buyer’s response or cancel the order…

I wasn’t aware of this. I just had an order auto-complete about a week ago, so I think that might be a bug on your end. Of course, I’ve had auto-completes take up 4 days. Never 6, though. When did this start?

It’s been ten days now. The page itself says that the order will be auto-completed in three days, since 27th of October. And Neither customer support is able to complete the project. I am just stuck…

I just came to know that for an order in revision, if the buyer doesn’t mark it complete it doesn’t get auto-completed after three days of delivery with no response from buyers.

I just got an order automatically completed. I think you got a wrong message.

Yes, for like a month due to unresponsiveness of buyer. After waiting a lot, I just delivered on whatever he asked in the official revision request.

Yes, for like a month due to unresponsiveness of buyer.

That is probably it. Old orders can’t be automatically completed. I have few orders that are just “delivered”. CS told me before that only buyer can mark it as completed due old order. They never told me how much time needs to pass on revision for order to become like that tho.

I just came to know that for an order in revision, if the buyer doesn’t mark it complete it doesn’t get auto-completed after three days of delivery with no response from buyers.

Capture.PNG.8cb861a99c0f5c525404f9829150b1c1.PNG

This is the response I got from customer support upon which I initiated this thread.

Yes, for like a month due to unresponsiveness of buyer.

That is probably it. Old orders can’t be automatically completed. I have few orders that are just “delivered”. CS told me before that only buyer can mark it as completed due old order. They never told me how much time needs to pass on revision for order to become like that tho.

So what you’re gonna do about them? Just hang in like forever?

Either there’s this rule or I am just getting scammed 😦

But now, I just came to know that for an order in revision, if the buyer doesn’t mark it complete it doesn’t get auto-completed after three days of delivery with no response from buyers.

I’m confused about this post. Yes, if your order is in revision, it will remain in revision until you revise and deliver it again. It’s considered open and won’t autocomplete. It’s been like this since 2015 when I joined.

Moreover, if your buyer requests revision by mistake or changes their mind, they can’t just mark the order as complete when it’s “in revision”. You’ll have to deliver the files again for them to do that.

It’s nothing new.

But now, I just came to know that for an order in revision, if the buyer doesn’t mark it complete it doesn’t get auto-completed after three days of delivery with no response from buyers.

I’m confused about this post. Yes, if your order is in revision, it will remain in revision until you revise and deliver it again. It’s considered open and won’t autocomplete. It’s been like this since 2015 when I joined.

Moreover, if your buyer requests revision by mistake or changes their mind, they can’t just mark the order as complete when it’s “in revision”. You’ll have to deliver the files again for them to do that.

It’s nothing new.

Yes, if your order is in revision, it will remain in revision until you revise and deliver it again.

That’s what the OP did, delivered it again, but it didn’t autocomplete.

Yes, if your order is in revision, it will remain in revision until you revise and deliver it again.

That’s what the OP did, delivered it again, but it didn’t autocomplete.

It says

but now, I just came to know that for an order in revision

which is why I’m confused. If it’s in revision, it won’t autocomplete.

If it is delivered but won’t autocomplete and Customer Support is acting funny, you can wait for a few days, create another ticket and ask another CS agent. CS agents don’t read/don’t understand us well sometimes.

I had to close 2 tickets this year because CS agent couldn’t speak proper English and would just randomly copy/paste stuff unrelated to my inquiry. It’s just something to consider. Sometimes they have no idea what they’re talking about.

It says

If it is delivered but won’t autocomplete and Customer Support is acting funny, you can wait for a few days, create another ticket and ask another CS agent. CS agents don’t read/don’t understand us well sometimes.

I had to close 2 tickets this year because CS agent couldn’t speak proper English and would just randomly copy/paste stuff unrelated to my inquiry. It’s just something to consider. Sometimes they have no idea what they’re talking about.

He can politely request that another CS agent takes a look at it. You’re right, it sounds like the OP didn’t actually re-deliver it from the way he worded it.

It says

If it’s in revision , it won’t autocomplete.

That’s a part of the OP’s sentence. The whole sentence is

That’s why I think that the OP did deliver. I could be wrong, of course.

He might have meant that he delivered the order to the buyer without using the delivery button. I have no doubt that once you re-deliver after a revision it acts like a regular delivery.

We would hear more from angry sellers if this was not the case.

It still reads to me as “if the order is in revision and it’s not marked as complete by the buyer, it won’t autocomplete 3 days after the initial delivery”. Which yes, it won’t.

If it was delivered using the Deliver Again button and is still hanging in limbo, OP should contact Customer Support in a few days to get another opinion because it appears to be a bug + a misunderstanding on the CS agent’s part.

He might have meant that he delivered the order to the buyer without using the delivery button. I have no doubt that once you re-deliver after a revision it acts like a regular delivery.

@arty182925 says the same thing happened to him with a few orders, and if his theory is correct (it happens when the order is in revision for a very long time, typically because the buyer requests a revision but doesn’t send instructions and simply goes MIA), we won’t hear about it from many angry sellers because buyers usually don’t disappear for months after requesting a revision.

Archived