Auto stop taking order when a limit reach in queue

I work on fiverr in my spare time only, I have a day job as professional illustrator and designer. So 20+ gig per week is really high, and I find no way to limit it to a number that fit my ability to clear them. And it’s no end of new gig, and maybe it come to me even more aggressive, I got 10 more in a few days right now. I really cut my leisure time to work on fiverr, and soon I may leave.

I want a function that still put people in queue but not charge them yet, and it will notify them when my queue drop under a number I choose.

It’s a simple function that should be here already.

I agree @foggyflute. I also thought myself that we should be able to limit the number of orders in the queue. This would help folks manage the whole business better and not get overwhelmed.

Fiverr is young and a work in progress. It wouldn’t surprise me if there’s an option like this eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @bachas85: I think the idea would be that it would be optional by the seller rather than it being a blanket limit. You’d set it as you set your delivery time.

I would personally like to see the option because I also work full time outside Fiverr and while I’m no where near being run off my feet with gigs I still had to increase my delivery time. Sellers would be reluctant to pause gigs as it lowers their place on the search rankings. Or course this means those with more consistent performance would rise to the top so maybe that’s the site’s thinking.

I think there’s potential for the option but it would need a lot of thought on how to implement it, perhaps hiding the gig when a limit is reached.

I see it as too complicated. Fiverr’s bread & butter is quickness. If a buyer clicks “order” now and ends up in a queue indefinitely, they’re not going to be happy. A buyer is most likely going to prefer to buy the ‘item’ from another seller than wait for who knows how long to get it from that particular seller.

If the buyer is informed of the waiting list in advance, via gig description or seller profile, they’ll probably go elsewhere. If they don’t know about waiting until they’ve placed the order, they’re going to be annoyed and probably cancel or go through Customer Service. Both of which amount to negative things happening.

I just don’t see how it’s any different to what can happen if you ‘pause’ a gig or extend delivery time.

There’s also an issue with “not charging” them. The reason Fiverr works so well is because of the instant transactions. People don’t generally get that upset if they lose $5, but they will get upset if they want and expect to get something and then can’t have it when they want it.

• 4 weeks later...

You should increase the number of days to complete an order first. If you have to many ones, pause your gigs for a while. Don’t be late at delivering.

By the way, you’re so amazing to get 20 orders a week! I’m a calligrapher and very new to join Fiverr. Does you have any tips to get more attention and get paid for work?

Thanks for sharing.

You should increase the number of days to complete an order first. If you have to many ones, pause your gigs for a while. Don’t be late at delivering.

By the way, you’re so amazing to get 20 orders a week! I’m a calligrapher and very new to join Fiverr. Does you have any tips to get more attention and get paid for work?

Thanks for sharing.

Archived