Avoid negativity if you want to succeed

lloydsolutions

There are changes happening on Fiverr and much negativity on the forums. Avoid negativity if you want to succeed. Use that energy to take a fresh look at your business model and adapt, change, and do what is necessary to revitalize your business. One of the secrets of success is never to give up. If you are a seller who has obtained a level then you started from the beginning so you know you can do it!

I’ve been here long, and what I’ve noticed is that you have to distinguish yourself to get orders.

"Now imagine someone tells you “ok, from now on, instead of eating three times per day, you only get to eat once per day”.

Then you create another gig, and try to make it original. If you do regular book covers, do another gig with Christian book covers, or do something different than book covers.

Besides, you think life is fair? You think everyone is a winner? No, life isn’t fair. It isn’t fair that some are born pretty and others ugly, that some have ability and others don’t, but each individual has to work with what he has. Some can learn new skills, others can’t or won’t.

It’s all about choices. Some people make stupid decisions, I have a friend who’s aways organizing parties, we’re talking 150 to 300 people at some hotel. They book rooms, drink, party, have a ball. He could be making thousands of dollars doing that, but the freaking idiot refuses. Think about that, he has amazing abilities, his parties are always a lot of fun, he is popular, he draws a crowd, and all that energy is wasted because he refuses to make money.

My point is there’s plenty of cheese, but you have to be willing to go after it, because the cheese won’t come to you.

There are quite a surprising number of Christian books writers (devotionals, bible study guides, you get the idea) on here, as well as pastors etc. They don’t have a huge budget, but they’re good clients in my experience. Certainly a world away from the somewhat negative image I have of bible bashers through film and TV as a European (watching US media, that is).

Does your party friend just organize the parties then collect the funds so everyone attending doesn’t have to bother with the co-ordination paying etc? A bit crazy that he’s not taking a modest cut. I can understand not wanting to be the money-grabbing party pooper, but most reasonable people wouldn’t mind a, say, 15% surcharge for not having to bother with all the boring stuff, wouldn’t they?

@vedmak should you read this: rats are intelligent creatures. More so than you, it would seem. A rat doesn’t hang around where there’s not enough cheese. It moves on, or it figures out where the cheese-owner has put its prize cheeses…

from How to Make Friends and Influence People:

Get you out of a mental rut, give you new thoughts, new visions, new ambitions.Enable you to make friends quickly and easily.Increase your popularity.Help you to win people to your way of thinking.Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.Enable you to win new clients, new customers.Increase your earning power.Make you a better salesman, a better executive.Help you to handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your human contacts smooth and pleasant.Make you a better speaker, a more entertaining conversationalist.Make the principles of psychology easy for you to apply in your daily contacts.Help you to arouse enthusiasm among your associates.

Fiverr gigs should be subject to constant iteration. Each aspect of a gig needs to be broken down and rebuilt. Do you see a difference in sales when you add a pdf, change a video or image, improve the copy?

I’ve enjoyed success with gigs by looking at the analytics and lowering the price where possible; often that gig will perform for two weeks before sales plummet.

Some gigs just don’t work! Those sellers who are constantly adding gigs will attest that some gigs just don’t work. Buyers cannot see the benefit of [your] gig over the $5 gig that promises 1 Trillion targeted USA visitors…

Social media is another aspect of gig success, relying on Fiverr’s search engine is like mounting an ash tray on a motorbike. If [you] have a LinkedIn based gig you have pound LinkedIn with promotion, or consider constructing a parasite page to drive traffic.

Or

Set your sites on becoming a pet rat and enjoying the spoils that follow and the delicious taste of reading conspiratorial forum postings whilst cranking out yet another gig!

I have seen the poor in India struggle, work incredibly hard for very little, without any savings or insurance for the future. And yet they soldier on without complaining. It is generally the middle class who always complain and blame others for their problems. I don’t believe anyone has to be negative. You can choose how you want to feel. You can choose to be happy, or you can choose to be unhappy. If something doesn’t work do something else. Change the way you do things. Keep changing. Change is the only constant. Just stop complaining about things beyond your control and stop blaming others for your problems. As a man thinketh…You are, what you think…

Bashing Christians is PC, but you’re right, I’ve worked with them on Fiverr and off and have had wonderful experiences.

Of course, you can’t treat a Christian client the way you treat a secular client. You don’t have to be a holly roller, but I wouldn’t curse in front of them or be X-rated.

Either way, Christianity is a huge industry, there are books, movies, loans for churches, you name it.

For me, all emotions are useful, even those which might seem negative or don’t feel that nice when we experience them. In this context, negativity can be seen as a reflexion of frustration and the feeling of helplessness related to the process of achieving a certain set goal or goals (making it on Fiverr, for example). I believe it is useful to accept this feeling and do not force it to be something else, but at the same time realize that negativity is not the only emotion a person might feel. This way, they can build on those positive emotions (which are often pushed aside by the negative feelings) and find ways to overcome the problem, just like you said.

But, for this to happen, a bit of negativity has to be acknowledged and accepted. So, I would say - accept negativity when it comes and allow it to pass through you, but then focus on perseverance and all other things that empower you to keep going. 🙂

Completely agree - it doesn’t matter who you are responding to, professionalism on all levels requires you to always rise above negativity. There will be a number of individual who will be disgruntled, want to complain, or just plain like to spread negativity. Always rise above and never take the bait. In the long run it will serve you and your career better always remembering to err on the side of professionalism.

• 10 months later...

Archived