Fiverr Forum

Back on Fiverr!

Happy Monday!

I started on Fiverr back in 2011, and I had a few successful gigs. My two most successful ones were book trailers and editing.

As we all know, life happens. I had to take a long hiatus, but now I’m back and ready for more!

Wow, this site has changed, and a lot for the better! I love the new gig layout and options. The only thing that’s really intimidating is the competition level. Looks like a lot of professionals now, as opposed to the start-ups that flooded the community when I first started. I’m crossing my fingers that I can get my foot back in the door! :slight_smile:

I just put up my editing gig. I’ll have to tweak it as I go along, but I am ready for business!

I’m working on getting my book trailer gig back up and running, and I have a few other ideas. I can’t wait to dive into creativity again!

-Jaela

Welcome.

1st, like to state for the record that you are wrong about the competition. Take a closer look and you will see that 3 out of 4 offering editing/proofreading can’t spell. They have no business offering this gig.

2nd, you have great writing skill, so you eliminated 75% of sellers in your category. Your completion is the 25% that can spell & write.

3rd, may I suggest you segregate your gigs? You should have separate gigs for books: fiction $ non-fiction, articles, blogs, etc.

As a buyer, I find it confusing when sellers offer all-4-one gigs.

Good luck to you. It may be painful, but you already have great reviews from before, so I think you will be successful again in no time. :slight_smile:

Awww, thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I am more optimistic now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I will look into making separate gigs. This is the same kind of setup I had before, and it worked just fine. But I know times change, and I’m not opposed to improvement, so I will certainly look into that!

I want to bring my book trailer gig back too, but it will take a few more days so I can create some video content. I found a fantastic book trailer guy on here and messaged him. He was encouraging too. I forgot what a great community this is. I can’t wait to get more gigs posted and get started on projects, even if it is slowly but surely. :slight_smile:

Hey…I’m the fantastic book trailer guy.
Welcome back and good luck.
I don’t really belive in “competition” as I think we all bring something unique to the table. No one on Fiverr can actually take orders from someone else. There are plenty of orders in this economy and there here is always room for quality. We can all work to function at the highest level or be happy at the bottom.
I’m revamping my offerings at year-end to better maximize quality of buyers I attract.

Anyway, welcome back and get to Fiverr-ing :+1:

Thank you both for the encouragement. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

gina_riley2, I took your advice and created two gigs for editing. I’m going to make a third for ghost writing (for things like full articles, manuscripts, etc.). I have ghost writing options in the others, but only for short passages, so I think having a separate gig for full-length ghost writing is a good idea.

Then tonight will be video-making night so I can get my book trailer gig up and running. I can’t wait to get started! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Welcome back to Fiverr. Looks like you will have no problem picking up from where you left off. If you haven’t already, suggest you check out the updated Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page as there have been many recent changes. Best wishes for your success! :slightly_smiling_face:

Definitely checking those out! I’m really loving all the new stuff. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Also be careful about the word “essay” as some gigs have been denied. If you type “essay gig denied” in the search bar above you will find posts on the subject.

Guess I’ll go make some edits! :slight_smile: