Bad behavior from a buyer

toaufik

Yesterday, i got a message from a buyer saying that he/she had a small project and she wants to discuss it on ■■■■■.

i replied that if he wants to discuss any project then it’s better to discuss here in fiverr but he still wanted my ■■■■■ and said that it will be a problem for my account, and the buyer started to using slang, which is unexpected.

screencapture-fiverr-conversations-josephhernan337-2018-07-11-06_10_06.thumb.jpg.9f5ae9681fc2c0f49207f484515b5e06.jpg

This is the first time i get this type of slang message in any marketplace. This was a very poor experience.
After some of his message i blocked him and reported about this buyer in CS.
After a few hours, i got the response from the Fiverr cs saying that they will take action.

Here is one question: Is there anything i did wrong or said wrong? How to improve my conversation skills with the buyers?

In my opinion you did nothing wrong - except you might want to modify the screenshot and block out the buyer’s name. It’s not allowed to share buyer names here on the forum.

However, someone may correct me if I am wrong, but I think that part of the TOS the buyer is referring to relates to an already established order… not part of the messaging system itself. Again, I could be wrong but don’t think I am.

IMHO, I doubt Fiverr does anything to the buyer, which means he’ll continue the ranting with other sellers.

In my opinion you did nothing wrong - except you might want to modify the screenshot and block out the buyer’s name. It’s not allowed to share buyer names here on the forum.

However, someone may correct me if I am wrong, but I think that part of the TOS the buyer is referring to relates to an already established order… not part of the messaging system itself. Again, I could be wrong but don’t think I am.

IMHO, I doubt Fiverr does anything to the buyer, which means he’ll continue the ranting with other sellers.

You are absolutely right. This is first time i got a this king of message from a buyer.

Thank you very much. Also i blocked the name from the screenshot. 🙂

Hello.

You did nothing wrong. In fact, in my opinion, you did everything by the book. All the steps you took were nothing but perfect.

You stood firmly by the ToS of Fiverr, even in the face of strong intimidation from the buyer (and their hollow threats). That is very commendable of you! I hope that a lot of sellers out there take inspiration from you and learn to stay strong and morally sound, even when being intimidated by a buyer.

I wish you the best! 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

As @emeraldawnn said, you did nothing wrong, and thank you for editing your screenshot.

From what I’ve read, s***e is allowed, but only if it’s required as part of your gig, and it’s been okayed by Fiverr CS.

Well done for blocking him, and good luck! 🙂

Guest joshcates

You handled the situation correctly and professionally. Don’t beat yourself up. Some people are jerks. That reflects on them and not on you. Let it roll off of you and move on to the next opportunity.

I’m agree with your action.

This is a sample of bad buyer.

He won’t accept any rejection unless you do it his way.

Nothing can be done here. You made a right choice 🙂

I was also thinking if i had done anything wrong or my communication skill was a problem.

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Hello.

You did nothing wrong. In fact, in my opinion, you did everything by the book. All the steps you took were nothing but perfect.

You stood firmly by the ToS of Fiverr, even in the face of strong intimidation from the buyer (and their hollow threats). That is very commendable of you! I hope that a lot of sellers out there take inspiration from you and learn to stay strong and morally sound, even when being intimidated by a buyer.

I wish you the best! 🙂

Thank you for your information. 🙂 I just read the screenie. Sounds like a miserable & bitter person.

OP, you are an amazing human being. Don’t let that person get you down or make you feel like trash.

You are worthy of R.E.S.P.E.C.T and nothing less.

Sheeeeesh!!!
I’ve heard/read about bad behavior from buyers ( I myself have received some BS messages) but dang, he is quite something.
I guess he was having a very miserable day and he has no friends.
Did he get banned? I hope he did, that screen shot is more than enough to get his account deleted.

Archived