Bad English - what would you do?

lhoward73

Hi all,

I ordered an SEO article (we’re in the recruitment industry).
The article which came back had very few spelling mistakes and passed copyscape - but I can’t understand much of what’s been written. Here’s a few sample sentences:

• Client not just gets the finest talent for their opening but the best one.
  • If a recruitment position remains unfilled then the company will be a loss.
  • Corporates do face down and fall during their venture.

I just don’t think this will be worth the effort to work with the seller on improving it. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

FYI, the seller has 1k+ reviews and a 4.9 rating…I thought they would be a safe choice.

Thanks.

Guest sara19841

Those sentences are pretty rough.

Having been around the writing category for a while, I’ve found there are four types of sellers:

1. Those who write everything themselves but don’t have a good command of English
  2. Those who outsource
  3. Those who use technology to write articles (including scrapers, spinners and encoders)
  4. Those who write everything themselves and are fluent in English

Your buyer sounds like he’s in category 1 or 2, maybe 3. It’s worth asking the seller to rewrite the whole article because the standard isn’t good enough. They may be an outsourcer and could give the job to somebody a little better.

As a translator, this seems like something that’s been run through Google translator/some kind of machine. I’d ask for a revision, but if things don’t improve then maybe canceling would be best.

Reviews can be deceiving sometimes. People have wildly different standards for what good writing should look like. For some, maybe something like that gets the job done.

Did the seller communicate in good English? That’s usually a good tip-off.

As a translator, this seems like something that’s been run through Google translator/some kind of machine. I’d ask for a revision, but if things don’t improve then maybe canceling would be best.

Reviews can be deceiving sometimes. People have wildly different standards for what good writing should look like. For some, maybe something like that gets the job done.

Did the seller communicate in good English? That’s usually a good tip-off.

this seems like something that’s been run through Google translator/some kind of machine

Possibly an article spinner.

Guest phantompower

Hi all,

I ordered an SEO article (we’re in the recruitment industry).

The article which came back had very few spelling mistakes and passed copyscape - but I can’t understand much of what’s been written. Here’s a few sample sentences:

• Client not just gets the finest talent for their opening but the best one.
  • If a recruitment position remains unfilled then the company will be a loss.
  • Corporates do face down and fall during their venture.

I just don’t think this will be worth the effort to work with the seller on improving it. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

FYI, the seller has 1k+ reviews and a 4.9 rating…I thought they would be a safe choice.

Thanks.

I think it passed copyscape because of those mistakes.

this seems like something that’s been run through Google translator/some kind of machine

Possibly an article spinner.

Mind boggling - over a 1000 reviews!

That is one of two possibility I can think of right now. Been through it myself with a seller who had great logo for sale, level 2, over 500 great reviews and portfolio. The end design was awful.

That is one of two possibility I can think of right now. Been through it myself with a seller who had great logo for sale, level 2, over 500 great reviews and portfolio. The end design was awful.

That depends on what the buyers were looking for. Some openly say that they don’t care about the quality, they need it to be SEO-friendly (human-friendly isn’t necessary) and to pass copyscape.

That depends on what the buyers were looking for. Some openly say that they don’t care about the quality, they need it to be SEO-friendly (human-friendly isn’t necessary) and to pass copyscape.

Oh my! 😮

I prefer coherent sentences over SEO. People aren’t gonna read an article that doesn’t make sense, full of errors - SEO would be useless.

Sorry for your problems @lhoward73 .

Looking at the number of reviews aren’t a good way to find sellers on 5r. I’m sure you noticed by now, practically 99% of sellers have 5 star or close to it for reviews.

Search for two things:

• Good reviews: Well written ones. If the buyer took the time to write a long, well written review - chances are they are native or fluent speakers who knows they got good value for money. 5 star means nothing if the buyer only writes “good job” or their review is full of errors. The reviewer doesn’t know what they got.

• Bad reviews: Filter for bad reviews and see what was written. Ignore the ones where reviewer seem malicious, there is always a few in a 1000 that try to scam seller. Again, read the well written ones. What did the buyer say about the seller and was it professionally written?

These two things will help you distinguish a really great 1000 review seller from a fake one.

Those sentences are pretty rough.

Having been around the writing category for a while, I’ve found there are four types of sellers:

1. Those who write everything themselves but don’t have a good command of English
  2. Those who outsource
  3. Those who use technology to write articles (including scrapers, spinners and encoders)
  4. Those who write everything themselves and are fluent in English

Your buyer sounds like he’s in category 1 or 2, maybe 3. It’s worth asking the seller to rewrite the whole article because the standard isn’t good enough. They may be an outsourcer and could give the job to somebody a little better.

“Those who use technology to write articles (including scrapers, spinners and encoders)”

Do you mean there are some kind of software that generate articles!??

Guest sara19841

“Those who use technology to write articles (including scrapers, spinners and encoders)”

Do you mean there are some kind of software that generate articles!??

Oh yeah. Some of it is really good, too.

ESPN use an article generator for some of their articles. Most on Fiverr however use software that adds in a few synonyms to already written articles.

Oh yeah. Some of it is really good, too.

ESPN use an article generator for some of their articles. Most on Fiverr however use software that adds in a few synonyms to already written articles.

Can you suggest some of these software? I curious to see how these things work!

Not publicly, please!

It’s not that they’d be difficult to find, but there’s no need to make scamming even easier.

Guest sara19841

Not publicly, please!

It’s not that they’d be difficult to find, but there’s no need to make scamming even easier.

Good point.

I’ll send you a PM, Kha1ed.

Archived