Bad Experience with Buyer

roberthazelton

Hey there folks,

So back in December, a client came to me for a 20,000 word novel. They delivered a 4 point sort of outline that was incredibly basic. I asked a couple of questions but the key answer they gave was ‘go ahead and handle it how you’d like’. My gig states I’ll write their story in MY style. I commenced with the work.

Now this isn’t a huge hardship to write 20,000 words. Unfortunately, he bought during the holiday season so we did have to extend the time. When I turned it in, he immediately tried to cancel the order, stating it didn’t meet his expectations. Well, I’d delivered according to my gig. I denied the cancellation and asked for feedback–asked him to work with me to get it done. Before he delivered this feedback, the order closed automatically.

Then he contacted me and oh wow.

His feedback was incredible. About the most condescending and rude thing I’ve read in a LONG time. Flat out, punishing me for not taking the cancellation. It seemed like he just didn’t want to pay for the work he received. I thought that was unfair and he was so abusive, I contacted Fiverr customer service. We had a chat, they said ‘deliver a revision’.

Well, I had to rewrite it from scratch to meet his requirements. I did the first chapter, and he actually liked it. So i went to town to finish.

Just today, Fiverr customer support cancelled the order. No contact, just refunded and cancelled. And now, I’m out the money AND have a cancellation despite the fact my buyer got a finished product.

Bad situation all around. I have a request in to Fiverr customer support to find out what went wrong. I was pretty raged out about it when it happened 20 minutes ago but right now I’m taking heart in the fact that I don’t ever have to deal with this guy again. Unfortunately, I wasted a lot of time on the rewrite which is now useless.

Live and learn, I suppose. I thought Fiverr would’ve had my back after seeing everything but I’m sad to say, that was not the case :(.

Guest merciavideo

Tough luck mate

I have had issues with orders as well. Right now one client has went offline, leaving the order undeliverable “Awaiting feedback from the buyer”

Its worst when you have done proper work and such problems stop it from delivery

“Awaiting feedback from the buyer”

That’s a normal state for your order to be in when it’s waiting to autocomplete. Your buyer has done nothing wrong.

leaving the order undeliverable

Your buyer doesn’t have to be online for you to deliver their gig.

Hey there folks,

So back in December, a client came to me for a 20,000 word novel. They delivered a 4 point sort of outline that was incredibly basic. I asked a couple of questions but the key answer they gave was ‘go ahead and handle it how you’d like’. My gig states I’ll write their story in MY style. I commenced with the work.

Now this isn’t a huge hardship to write 20,000 words. Unfortunately, he bought during the holiday season so we did have to extend the time. When I turned it in, he immediately tried to cancel the order, stating it didn’t meet his expectations. Well, I’d delivered according to my gig. I denied the cancellation and asked for feedback–asked him to work with me to get it done. Before he delivered this feedback, the order closed automatically.

Then he contacted me and oh wow.

His feedback was incredible. About the most condescending and rude thing I’ve read in a LONG time. Flat out, punishing me for not taking the cancellation. It seemed like he just didn’t want to pay for the work he received. I thought that was unfair and he was so abusive, I contacted Fiverr customer service. We had a chat, they said ‘deliver a revision’.

Well, I had to rewrite it from scratch to meet his requirements. I did the first chapter, and he actually liked it. So i went to town to finish.

Just today, Fiverr customer support cancelled the order. No contact, just refunded and cancelled. And now, I’m out the money AND have a cancellation despite the fact my buyer got a finished product.

Bad situation all around. I have a request in to Fiverr customer support to find out what went wrong. I was pretty raged out about it when it happened 20 minutes ago but right now I’m taking heart in the fact that I don’t ever have to deal with this guy again. Unfortunately, I wasted a lot of time on the rewrite which is now useless.

Live and learn, I suppose. I thought Fiverr would’ve had my back after seeing everything but I’m sad to say, that was not the case :(.

I’m so sorry this happened to you! It’s shocking. I wonder why they would cancel it when the rule is that a creative job can’t be cancelled simply because the client doesn’t like it. It makes no sense from what you have said.

Before he delivered this feedback, the order closed automatically.

Could it be that it was already a closed order you revised… I’m just wracking my brain trying to figure out how this could have happened.

Support usually doesn’t cancel it after they advised you to deliver revision :thinking: but maybe it was a PayPal chargeback from buyer. If he was trying to scam you from the beginning maybe he just found another way.

Reach out to fiverr support to find out what happened and they still might compensate your work if you delivered everything as promised. (We heard stories like that recently)

Support usually doesn’t cancel it after they advised you to deliver revision :thinking: but maybe it was a PayPal chargeback from buyer. If he was trying to scam you from the beginning maybe he just found another way.

Reach out to fiverr support to find out what happened and they still might compensate your work if you delivered everything as promised. (We heard stories like that recently)

I’ve reached out to them.

I was in communication with them and keeping them up to date then today, they must’ve done 1 of 2 things:

1. Freaked out all over a Fiverr customer service person and got them to cancel it.

2. Contacted PayPal for a charge back.

Thing is, in 1 day, it would’ve cleared completely. I suspect that’s what happened.

I’ve reached out to them.

I was in communication with them and keeping them up to date then today, they must’ve done 1 of 2 things:

1. Freaked out all over a Fiverr customer service person and got them to cancel it.

2. Contacted PayPal for a charge back.

Thing is, in 1 day, it would’ve cleared completely. I suspect that’s what happened.

Something doesn’t make sense about this. No idea why they would tell you to do a revision and after you do it cancel it.

I would ask to speak to someone else about it. You deserve an answer. Is his account gone?

Archived