Fiverr Community Forum

Bad experience with the client

I had a project with one of my clients. We finalize the order on writing the code only but he was a student so as a good gesture from my side I sent him the code as well as schematic design. I sent him full simulation of how the code and the circuit will work together. He was final year student so he should know on how to run these things. Still, I sent him the step by step process on how to open and run these simulations but he still was unable to do it. Then, I told him to watch a youtube video that will help. Later on, I saw he raised the dispute and withdraw resolution after 10 minutes. Now, He is not accepting the order although I delivered more than he asked. What will happen if he gives me a negative review now? I am new here and that will ruin my career.
Initially, He was offering 40$ but I told him that it’s a small task and 30$ would be enough.

15 Likes

If the order has been delivered, all you can do is wait.
Stay calm, don’t panic. You can respond to a one-star review and give your side of the story.

10 Likes

Thankyou, Ma’am! I have sent him so many texts so we can solve this together.

2 Likes

It’s Really Sad new, But Be Positive, Try to Convense Your Buyer, If He/She No Convese You Can Try to Mutual Cancel From Support

3 Likes

I have already delivered the order. I don’t think that option is left.

2 Likes

Are you doing academic work for a student?

6 Likes

Not much to worry about this bro. I had the same issue with one of my client, I kept rejecting his cancellation dispute and contacted CS regarding it. Basically i tried cancelling my order through Cs. I attached the screenshots of the order and conversation we had, After a few days one of their employees contacted back and the order was cancelled without effecting my cancellation rate!
Try to contact CS and explain your issue to them! Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks, @rehmanx_x, I will try that!

2 Likes

You are welcome brother!

2 Likes

I asked because it is against Fiverr TOS to provide help with school projects. If CS discovers you did, they will not only cancel the order, but give you a warning. So, I was just cautioning you to be careful about contacting CS.

7 Likes

Listen it wouldn’t be the end of the world. When you’re in business you’re bound to get a negative feedback from a buyer. Just keep pushing forward, I encourage Sellers to stop selling themselves short by accepting peanuts. Know your worth, don’t allow Buyers to dictate how you should run your business, never fear Buyers. This is your Business, take the wheel. :pineapple:

4 Likes

I cancelled the order although I delivered the work more than required. It affected my order completion rate but he kept modifiying the order so I had no choice.

1 Like

you should not cancel the order, you have fiverr seller support team to contact, they have record of conversation and delivery so it can be realized easily that who is a fault. you should have contacted fiverr support team so you would may get your order accepted.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am regretting it now!

1 Like

Still, Thank you all for your kind support! It’s the beginning so these experiences will help me in my future endeavours.

1 Like

Tha’s it!! Contact CS, I made several mistakes because try to solve things by myself. So Explain all situation to CS, show evidence, but DO NO ACCEPT CANCELLATION please!!!

2 Likes

“Then, I told him to watch a youtube video that will help.” You tell him this line and he/she get angry. Don’t say anything like this okay. Always try to solved his/her problem.Okay.Best of luck.

3 Likes

I explained the process twice but he was not getting it that’s why I thought visual demonstration would help but you are right. I agree with you!

1 Like

first thing keep in mind that client is always right and second thing is that he is just a client…in this platform you will see various types of nature so do not take it so much as you taking it right now

2 Likes

Is there a ‘black list of sorts’ for clients of low reputation or clients to watch out for?

2 Likes