Fiverr Forum

Bad gig video audio (what's the fix?)

Hey all,

I’ve updates my gig video a little while ago and it looks and sounds great before I upload it but as soon as it goes live on the site the audio is horrible and I’m a voice over artist.

I’ve tried everything I could think of, anyone have a fix for this.

My gig was fine before but even when I upload my old gig the quality, only on the site, is now poor as well.

1 Like

Hi! I don’t have a workaround, but thought I would share that what pron6ably causes this is how Fiverr compresses video.

If so, it is a similar issue to why Netflix videos tend to have low volume.

It’s frustrating that something Fiverr does wrong can reflect our image.

1 Like

Thank you!

Does anyone have a walk around for this?

Yes, Upload same video on YouTube in Full HD and mention URL in gig description, so if buyer want to see/listen original quality he/she can do so.

1 Like

Hi, check the length of your video and make sure it is below the maximum MB acceptable, if it is exactly required MB then try to reduce or compress it.

The quality won’t be as bad to a buyer as you think. I’m also a VO and I’ve never had a complaint about the sample audio.

Thanks for bringing this up! Aside from Gig Video audio issues, I’ve noticed that the Live Portfolio audio samples have been affected too. I’m also a VO seller and when I went back and reviewed my Live Portfolio, I can hear a clear difference between recent samples and those from a few weeks ago. My recording process and deliverables have not changed, but the clarity is noticeable different (at least to me).

I agree with @humanissocial that this misrepresentation of my services is frustrating. Regardless if potential buyers can hear the difference or not, it’s just not an accurate representation of what they can expect to receive.

4 Likes

Yes …i second that!!!

I’ve noticed the exact same thing. Uploaded a new audio track to my profile yesterday and the quality was very poor. The ones I uploaded a couple of months ago were great. We should send feedback to Fiverr.

1 Like

I see there is still no fix as I’m having the exact same issue. Had updated one of my gig videos and it sounds compressed and horrible. I had a video on a different gig a few months ago and it sounded bounds better at least to me. One good thing at least was that my friend checked it out and he thought it sounded good but it’s still frustrating.

1 Like