Fiverr Community Forum

Bad "PERFECT" reviews - Bring back the review modification (RANT)

Hello guys! I know that nobody cares about this, but hear me out. I always strive to provide perfect service. For a single year I received 435 reviews, 421 of which are full 5 stars reviews. I can’t count how many all-nighters I did just to handle my orders well so that I could please my customers. Yesterday, a customer that I worked with left a 3.7 “PERFECT” review.

I provided multiple revisions as he changed his mind about his project on multiple occasions. The last message that I received from him was - Wow, this is so perfect, my words can’t describe it! AMAZING!
Then… He leaves this “positive” review on my gig:

Now, I wouldn’t mind getting the same review if someone was dissatisfied with my service, but when someone praises my work and is super amazed by the results it’s just wrong, I won’t lie - I’m pretty pissed right now and with Fiverr’s current policies I’m afraid to even ask him if it was by accident or not. I’m afraid to mention that I don’t want to work with him because of his bad review, but I may do it because it affects my profile directly and yes, in his eyes that will seem unprofessional, but these are the facts.

The thing is, if we don’t do mental gymnastics Fiverr is a review-driven system. A single review can affect your profile and there should be an option for review modification as literally someone can misclick and leave you a 3 star review. And yes, if that feature is implemented it should be supervised by CS - I am positive that the good sellers won’t attempt manipulating the buyers and if someone is - He should be penalized and held accountable.

What bothers me is that someone can literally misclick the stars if he’s operating from an android device and leave you a “THIS IS THE BEST SERVICE” 1 star review and we can do nothing about it.

You work your ass off and you delivered a perfect service and the client is perfectly satisfied with the results? Oh, wait, he was operating on an android device and he left you a 3 star “THIS IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT” review. You want to ask him what you did wrong? BAM! GET THIS TOS STRIKE FOR REVIEW MANIPULATION, YOU STUPID SELLER!

The lowest reviews that I received on my profile have been reviews that were left by perfectly satisfied buyers. Couple of months ago one buyer left a bad review on me again then he told me that it was unfair and he contacted CS. Guess what? I got a strike for it, which was then removed by CS after I contacted them numerous times and they concluded that I’m not in the wrong. What did they do besides removing the faulty strike? Nothing. The buyer wanted to change his review (On his own) but they didn’t change it/remove it.

Long story short - The review modification option should be a viable option as Fiverr is a review based system and literally any error can happen when a buyer is leaving a review. And yes the communication should be supervised by CS to strike down manipulative sellers. AND YES, I’m hella mad that I delivered a “PERFECT PRODUCT” and got a 3.7 review for it.

It can happen to anyone and we should stick together. Unfortunately, I’ll probably get the “There’s nothing you can do about it” responses by some of our fellow sellers who obey the current structure of the platform but I care about my business and I get pretty mad when I invest all of my time to deliver a perfect service to get 200 consecutive 5-star reviews for it to get ruined by a 3 star review on a “PERFECT” delivery, as described by the buyer. Fiverr is a review-driven platform and I really think that this is the most adequate thing to do/implement/bring back for the reasons I stated above. What are your thoughts on this?

6 Likes

I didn’t know this was a thing they do…

That sounds HORRIBLE!! They need to put back review modifications!

1 Like

You do. Every other day I see people ranting how their account was banned for just using the word review in chat. Please don’t spread false information. You’ll get some new user banned. If you did this, you getting a warning is just a matter of time.

Wow! Just wow. Is this a tutorial to get banned on fiverr? When was the last time you tried this?

I’d suggest you to make some good use of the search bar and read a bit about warnings people get for doing what you just mentioned.

5 Likes

Even if I can ask him, what does it matter? He told me that the delivery was perfect, wrote one of the most positive reviews and left a 3.7 review. What I’m trying to say is that we need the review modification option back as literally someone can be perfectly satisfied with the product but they can hurt your profile with a bad review by accident and there’s pretty much nothing we can do about it. And it is awful because some sellers really overdeliver and do their best to maintain a good rating. Imagine getting 200 5 star reviews in a roll and then getting a 1 star “AMAZING SERVICE” review from someone that just misclicked or got it by accident somehow. And literally we can get a warning or a ban for trying to fix it and it’s just not right.

I do not see myself using the word review or rating in any part of that sentence . How can I be banned when I am not manipulating the review system . How is my sentence manipulating the review system ?

There is nothing you can do about that, and do not worry , I have the same number of reviews and I have sometimes recieved 4 star or 2.7 star reviews with the comment "it is ok " “great quality service” and the sales haven’t dropped a bit . Do not worry , it even makes your gig look more realistic when it has some variation

Let’s see. Here’s a scenario. Buyer realities he made an honest mistake, he wanted to leave a good feedback but mistakenly didn’t. Buyer goes to CS and requests them to change the review. And there you go. Review manipulation. Warning. And yes, CS considers that review manipulation.

3 Likes

Why would they do that ? I am not guilt shaming them , nor asking them to reach CS . I just asking what I can improve in the future ?

Even if they did CS staff are not robots and I have seen cases before when the CS has quoted that asking why have you received a bad review isn’t bannable .

Saying words like "Do you know that your review affects my gig ? Now I will have lower sales and this is because of you " "Please contact CS so they can remove the review " "I have kids to feed and because of this review I cannot get further orders " “The reviews are really important” . These are bannable .

Rahjula is right tho. A buyer that left a 2.7 review on my gig contacted CS and told them that the review was not fair. I got a warning. Took me a week and around 10 messages proving that I don’t have anything to do with it till CS removed my warning. The 2.7 review was still present in my profile tho.

I hate that our hands are tied. I think that I made some pretty good points about why we need a modification feature implemented, the process should only apply to certain cases and CS can just supervise it so that there isn’t any room for manipulation.

For the amount of manpower it would take to police this I feel it’s probably not worth it for anyone. I’m sure it doesn’t happen that often but if there was the option to appeal a review or something then you can guarantee that the millions of “how mek sels” people would query every one of them, thus taking up lots of customer support time.
If one in 50-100 reviews is an error then does it really matter all that much? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

No no no. It’s fine as it is. I don’t want people switching around reviews, I want them done once. No more review switches after the fact please. There is enough to have anxiety about right now without having drawn out thoughts and more opportunities for blackmail from buyers.

3 Likes

This happened to me recently. I went above and beyond for her, gave her two different takes of her script, she said everything was perfect and she loved it, she even gave a really great review but only 4.3 stars, dropping that gig from 5.0. I was so sad as I only have 5 star review previously, which makes me think that maybe it’s not even the system but they could have been one of those “Rating Tankers” ? Like the people who deliberately order from you just so that they can leave a bad rating to tank your 5 stars because “nothing should be perfect”.

This happened to me a week back on my 1st order! Now, I’ve lost my confidence.

1 Like

I’m sorry that happened to you but keep trying. It’s just part of the work on fiverr to have this happen sometimes.

1 Like