Fiverr Forum

Bad policy of not refunding processing fees

I recently purchased a Custom Gig for $175.00, which added an $8.75 processing fee at the time of purchase. The seller was good with communication, until she had my money. After the deadline passed, I asked for status updates several times and received no response. Essentially, my gig was dropped. Not only has my time been wasted, but it seems my money will be wasted too. Fiverr has a horrible policy of not refunding processing fees. This puts an onerous burden on buyers, especially when their gig has failed to deliver through no fault of their own. To add insult to injury, it seems like I am not able to leave feedback on the sellers’ page.

Fiverr has created a system where the seller not held accountable for bad behavior, and the buyers have to pay the price for it. I would like to suggest that this is changed. I should not be penalized for a sellers’ irresponsibility. If a seller drops a gig, and does not communicate with a buyer, the seller should be charged the processing fee, and the processing fee should be returned to the buyer. This experience has put a really bad taste in my mouth for Fiverr. I plan on contacting my credit card company to explain to them what happened. Perhaps they will refuse to pay Fiverr anything and I will not be ripped off.

You got $175 of fiverr credit back. So I think if I am right, all that fiverr credit would be without processing fee next time you order from someone else.

And for seller. If order is mutually cancelled then you can’t leave feedback. If you cancelled due order being late, then seller got automatically negative review.

On other hand. Maybe something happen with seller and thats why he or she didn’t deliver. As you said deadline passed and you didn’t got any update.

If something happen in seller’s life then he or she shouldn’t be penalized at all. But if seller just didn’t know how to make order or something similar, then you are right, seller should be penalized for that.

Arty,

You certainly said, pretty much, what I was going to say.

Things in life happen. We don’t know the situation. Worst case scenario, the seller is no longer alive :frowning: But, that’s worst case of course!

t0t0r0 said: I plan on contacting my credit card company to explain to them what happened. Perhaps they will refuse to pay Fiverr anything and I will not be ripped off.

Word of caution: Do that, and your buyer’s account will be banned.