Fiverr Community Forum

Bad start in fiverr

Hello everybody,
I have registered just over a month and in the last week I have made three orders with 5-star ratings and so far very happy.
But suddenly my gigs have been denied because they contained words in Spanish (I am Spanish and I addressed Spanish clients). Customer Service has not helped me or explained correctly and I am now thinking about whether to cancel my account because the treatment is abusive and unprofessional.

Could someone advise me if it was possible to recover my gigs?
Is customer service always so superb?

5 Likes

You can write your contain in English and then active it again. Your gig will find in under Denied section.

3 Likes

Thank you but the only option is delete. :sob:

1 Like

I love how people throw around false accusations.

I don’t see any abusive treatment whatsoever. Maybe only from your side.
It’s clearly written in fiver TOS that all gigs, descriptions and all communication should be written in English and they reserve a right to deny your gigs if you break fiverr rules. :woman_shrugging:

You can just create new gig in English language fixing your mistakes. All your reviews still will be kept in your profile.

2 Likes

The word “abuse” is so overused these days for no reason, it almost lost its meaning, honestly.

Read the ToS, set up your gigs accordingly, keep on working. You’ll probably need to create a new gig in this situation.

2 Likes

I think the main issue was one of your gig titles was in Spanish. I’ve seen translation gigs where a small part of was in another language and that seems to be okay (maybe the Englsih version is shown above the other language version there, or at least sometimes). The title should be in English and at least the main part of the description I think (but sections with other languages seem okay).

2 Likes

Do you have a quote from the TOS page where it says that?

The only part I see is in the “Automatic Translation” section where it says things like "The official text is the English version of the website. ".

1 Like

I don’t, but I remember it was there when I checked it last time. I’ll look for it when I’ll have free time.

And I’ll be happy if someone else will be checking it before me :wink:

Edit: @uk1000 I’m attaching a screenshot that shows that having English language translation on fiverr gig is mandatory.

5 Likes

Thanks. Yes it’s mandatory but it also says you can use “additional languages as long as all the information is in English”. So the OP could have the main text of the gig description in English with a translated section of it in Spanish if he wanted (similar to what some other translation gigs do). Technically they don’t say that in the TOS though (maybe they should).

2 Likes

I only read this. The information is not where it is explained how to create a gig.

1 Like

The information is not where it is explained how to create a concert.

1 Like

Well according to Maria’s link all descriptions must be in English, though other translations into other languages is allowed. I assume it’s similar for titles. Another issue was part of the title was in English and part in Spanish.", ie. the “I will” bit is in English.

2 Likes

I just attached a screenshot where it says it should have English language. Just look somewhere there.

1 Like

You don’t know how my private conversation was with the customer service agent. Nothing positive, nothing willing to help. To be able to speak you have to know all the parts.

Thanks, but you don’t know how my private conversation was with the customer service agent. Nothing positive, nothing willing to help. To be able to speak you have to know all the parts.

Well, fiverr support is not the best but here you have clearly broke one of their rules so not sure how you want fiverr support to be able to help you. They can not restore gigs that was denied due to violations. (and I think that’s also written in TOS)

So why not to let it go and just create a new gig that doesn’t isolate any tules and written in English (you can still insert Spanish translation by why risking it)

Why was my Gig denied?

If your Gig has recently been denied, you will receive an email update explaining why. Unfortunately, once your Gig has been denied, it will not be restored. If you are still having issues understanding why, we advise that you review our Terms of Service for more information.

The above is from here: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/levels-warnings-and-status

Gig descriptions in English are mandatory. You can use additional languages as long as all the information is also available in English.

The above is from here: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/creating-your-gig-policy

Congratulations. You have made a great start!

Suggest you make new gigs and move on.

Enjoy the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve had enough conversations with CS and I can understand them misunderstanding the issue or being overall unhelpful but no, it’s not what being “abusive” means.

1 Like

Hi

Sorry to hear that. But if you create new Gigs, your previous buyers will still be able to find you and order again, And your 5-stars rating will still be with you. So, all the best with your new gig(s)!

1 Like