Base Price Offer

foxsquare

Hello Fiverr community 🙂

Today I will like to know your suggestion on Beta Extension from fiverr called Base Price. In which you get to choose the Base price for your gig 🙂

What do you think about this extension? You think its bad or good ? Do you think that buyers will be willing to pay more on "Five"rr ?

I have recently launched 2 gigs based on this base extension. I Personally think its a great feature. because there are some offerers that require hard work and sweat , So Its good to have price extensions for those Gigs 🙂 #ThumbsUpFiverr

Do check out my Gigs to see how they implement on different prices.

https://www.fiverr.com/foxsquare/transform-pages-form-psd-to-sketch-3

https://www.fiverr.com/foxsquare/desing-a-website-or-app

Let us know what you think 🙂

-Team FoxSquare

I agree, we have to just watch it and see how it plays out.

I’m sure for some sellers it will be good that already have repeat buyers, but the issue may be new buyers will not want to pay more than $5 to test out buying here in Fiverr.

And if it turns out that eventually no one offers any gigs for $5, then the name doesn’t quite fit 🙂

Reply to @silberma1976:
Hi Silberma, Thank you for your response 🙂

Yes you are right, There might be others who will offer the same gig (not service) for $5. One charging 100$ for the same job will be a Professional and trusted by 100s of buyers . don’t you think Creative Professionals deserve to earn than Grocery clerks ?

It Think its a perfect opportunity on fiverr now to grow your profits and actually rase your standers 🙂

Don’t you think ? 🙂

FoxSquare

Reply to @sincere18: Hi, Thank you for your response.

I agree with you too ! The name of the site is "Five"rr of course , And it will be weird if all the 5$ services extent 😛

But I think this service is to squeeze more out of Freelancers. There are some services that you just can’t offer for $5. So those Services can be offered at higher rates. So the free lancers can earn what they deserve 🙂 Still think its bad ?

FoxSquare

Reply to @foxsquare: No, I think freelancers should definitely be earning their top dollar rates. However on a platform designed to be for $5 basic gigs, many buyers come here for that.

And in general if I am going to pay a freelancer top dollar for their services, I want to know who they are, want real references, and things like that. I think with an anonymous website the way Fiverr is set up, that is part of what makes the difference. It’s easy to try out a seller for $5-10 and see how it works with something basic. If the starting price is $50 and up, then I would be shopping around in a different way, that’s all.

Reply to @foxsquare: I’d like to add to this discussion. I keep seeing arguments about things like “it isn’t fair to spend hours to make $5” or as you stated (paraphrased) creative professionals should earn more than grocery clerks.

On the “grocery clerks” issue, I actually do not think all creative professionals deserve to earn more than that. I’ve seen sellers here that claim to write 1000 word (English) SEO articles when they can barely write in English well enough to wish someone a good day. Some offer logo design when they don’t have a tool better than MS Paint. This isn’t intended to be mean, it’s just a fact. Some people have little or no skill in the area they are selling.

They pick something that looks successful in general, copy/paste the end product by taking it from somewhere on the web and they put out a product that isn’t worth anything. I’ve seen other sellers who can do what they claim, but the product is just a little sub-par so they call themselves creative professionals but their quality is right on level with grocery clerk pay. Maybe they need to learn a little more or work a little harder before the work is worth more.

As to the other issue about how much someone is paid, if someone voluntarily takes 2 hours to do a $5 job, they get $2 an hour after commission. That’s a choice. Someone else may offer less work but still great quality and spent 10 minutes to earn $4 after commission, but that amounts to $24 an hour which is well above most grocery clerk pay an works just find offering small jobs and/or gig multiples.

I know this is long, so I’ll wrap it up by saying that I don’t have a big issue with the beta pricing although I think it should be offered only on a subdomain or sister site to keep fiverr.com based on $5. I also think that it should be available to sellers who have a proven history of good work, whether that is based on levels, a number of sales, or some other criteria.

Of course, even if Fiverr does allow new and unproven sellers to utilize beta pricing, I wouldn’t be surprised if buyers either avoid new sellers or get very, very angry if they spend $25-100 and receive a product that is worth $5. This could leave some room for sellers who want to offer high quality micro-jobs for five bucks and it could make business boom for them. 🙂

Reply to @fonthaunt: I think you are right that we will not be surprised to see a few more angry customers when they get bad jobs they paid so much for. And then a few angry sellers when suddently money gets taken from their accounts for a refund for larger amounts. Should be interesting to watch it play out and the site evolve. Who knows maybe they are considering a name change at some point too.

Reply to @fonthaunt: The thing to consider here is The Creative “Professionals” will not be offering bad services, If they actually are Professionals. I think you are confused with what Professionals really are. Professionals will have the best tools in the market, They will use there and time and resources and will give the best services they can.

You are right, There are some “Professionals” here with no set of skills, or tools. They are NOT professionals my brother. They are just beginners who are trying to sell them self.

Remember, No professional will sell his service lower then his expenses. Buying the software only is too expensive (20$/month Adobe and that is one software). If they are they are just under-rating themselves.

I agree once again, It doesn’t matter how much you get paid if you are satisfied in the end (like me).

But there are some services which needs more resources and Hard work to create. and COMPLETELY DISAGREE with you how ever on “I actually do not think all creative professionals deserve to earn more than that.” Do you really think that using house on a project. and paying the expenses. and using the creative skills should pay you less then grocery clerks ? You need to open your mind my friend.

The Creative Professionals will use the fiverr Base Price offer for there benefit . and I am really happy that fiverr introduced this feature 🙂

Reply to @sincere18: I think Fiverr is pretty famous already 😛 Millions come here and buy services on regular bases. And as far as trust for free lancers is ensign thats where the rating system comes in.

Yes i agree with you that there will be a LOT of buyers expecting to get something for $5 than $100 😛

Thank you for your review 🙂

Reply to @fastcopywriter: Thank you for pointing out the typo ! 😛

Lets see how people react to that pricing (Personally i think people will go for $5 as thats what they are looking for on fiverr)

Yes People offer there services for $5, And thats the whole point of fiverr. But i personally do not want to do something for low prices which will take me Days to create 🙂

Lets see what happens 🙂

Thank you for your comment ! 😃

Reply to @foxsquare: No, I’m not confused. I know what a professional is, but buyers will expect a professional if they pay more. As you said, not all that represent themselves as professionals are actually really that. So, I wish Fiverr would put some level or sales-number limitations on the new pricing.

As far as

foxsquare said: there are some services which needs more resources and Hard work to create. and COMPLETELY DISAGREE with you how ever on "I actually do not think all creative professionals deserve to earn more than that." Do you really think that using house on a project. and paying the expenses. and using the creative skills should pay you less then grocery clerks ? You need to open your mind my friend.

I didn’t really understand everything you said so I can only respond partially. I don’t know what you mean by “using house on a project. and paying the expenses. and using the creative skills should pay you less than grocery clerks ?” I do understand that there are some great sellers who have creative services and consider themselves professionals that still deliver work worth what is minimum wage in my area. So, I can’t go back on that statement.

I also believe there are some higher level professionals who do deserve to earn more, but I think that can be done under the new system or the old one. My mind is pretty open, but my wallet is not.

Finally, as to:

foxsquare said: There are some "Professionals" here with no set of skills, or tools. They are NOT professionals my brother. They are just beginners who are trying to sell them self.

That is so subjective I can’t respond to most of it. So, I will just say, my sister, professional is a tough word to define.

Archived