Basic service gig price ($5?)

uk1000

I’ve had a gig video rejected and the only reason out the 3 possible reasons given (I don’t know why they don’t specify the reason) is:

How do I know the reason for the gig video rejection?

The suggestions were:

1. State it’s offered exclusively on Fiverr! - the video says “Exclusively on Fiverr!”. Surely that should be good enough?

2. Offer a $5 basic service so that your Gig can remain listed on the site. This particular gig has a minimum of $5 (but I have another gig(s) starting >$5 but another Fiverr thread says gig categories, including animation, allow higher min gig prices now (I think they mention $25 - I’ll have to check my other gig - but this one starts at $5).

3. Remove any website, service, or product mentioned that is not sold through Fiverr. There’s nothing like that in the video.

What should I do? Do I need to contact CS about it?

Guest offlinehelpers

It’s 28 seconds long. So that could be it? it needs to be within those? I’ll increase it so it’s at least 30 seconds. And make the “exclusively on Fiverr!” on screen a bit longer just in case.

Spot on! 20 characters

Guest phantompower

Is the video longer than 30 but under 60 seconds?

The running time is not always the case. I have several videos that are not under 30 seconds. 1 is actually 3 seconds long and another 1 minute +.

The running time is not always the case. I have several videos that are not under 30 seconds. 1 is actually 3 seconds long and another 1 minute +.

Were those gig videos in certain categories where it’s okay to have those video durations?

Guest phantompower

Were those gig videos in certain categories where it’s okay to have those video durations?

I ain’t sure if time duration is category specific. Which category is your gig?

I find that fiverr are a law unto themselves. If you are trying to make it on the site then you have to jump through all kind of hoops. Once you have been established a little while then you seem to be able o do pretty much anything you like (within reason)

Juts keep with it and you’ll get there in the end!

I’ve seen a few video gigs with watermarks for places like Powtoon. Does your video have a watermark?

No, it’s using the bought copy of Video Maker FX and I didn’t select or see any watermark option (technically I do see slight posterization in the background - probably because of the h264 compression and bitrate the program uses. I don’t know if they mind about that - if everything is in motion it shouldn’t really matter much/be that noticeable and it was exported with the highest quality settings the program allowed (the option was “very best quality” or something). I did create another version where it’s less visible that I could try uploading).

Not always maybe, or they left those up that were before they made those time limits maybe. I had a video denied that was over 60 seconds and then it passed after the only change I had made was shorten it to below 60 seconds.

Either way if OP knows it’s nothing mentioned in the mail it might be that.

They was another thread like this and it had been the duration there.

Guest phantompower

Not always maybe, or they left those up that were before they made those time limits maybe. I had a video denied that was over 60 seconds and then it passed after the only change I had made was shorten it to below 60 seconds.

Either way if OP knows it’s nothing mentioned in the mail it might be that.

They was another thread like this and it had been the duration there.

I didn’t know there was a time limit, let me test it out. Does fiverr send out newsletter when they make adjustment to rules like that?

I didn’t know there was a time limit, let me test it out. Does fiverr send out newsletter when they make adjustment to rules like that?

Look at the link I posted, they write 30 - 60 seconds there

Oh and OP, maybe ask Customer Support if they can tell you what exactly it was, as the mail I and others got on denied videos said you only have 3 tries and then you may not be able to upload a video for that gig anymore at all (though I didn’t read anything on the forum yet by someone that actually happened to I think). They might just send the same mail that lets you guess on the reason why, but who knows.

My video was rejected because the base price was set to $10.

So yes, you have to have a starting price of $5.

I think the length was the issue in your case as Mila said.

Good luck!

But doesn’t that depend on the category?

See: How many of your changing your Basic gig price to $25 or $50

Isn’t animation (or video) one of the categories where you can charge a base price of higher than $5? Or does it depend on your level?

Is there a list somewhere of what base prices are allowed in what categories (assuming the above link is correct)? I assume it checks after you update a gig to check that the base price is within range (or if not surely it should).

Note: that shouldn’t matter for this particular gig (as its base price is $5) but I have other gigs related to video that have a base price higher than $5 (if the above link is incorrect, maybe I need to change them).

Guest phantompower

So I have tested out the time duration and uploaded an 11 second video and it got accepted. The category was in typography. So I really don’t know why your video got rejected.

So I have tested out the time duration and uploaded an 11 second video and it got accepted. The category was in typography. So I really don’t know why your video got rejected.

Thanks. I was re-doing the video, including to make sure it was the specified duration. I think I best contact support about it first as you and miiila suggest. I assumed it must have been the duration that was the problem.

I’ve had a gig video rejected and the only reason out the 3 possible reasons given (I don’t know why they don’t specify the reason) is:

How do I know the reason for the gig video rejection?

The suggestions were:

1. State it’s offered exclusively on Fiverr! - the video says “Exclusively on Fiverr!”. Surely that should be good enough?

2. Offer a $5 basic service so that your Gig can remain listed on the site. This particular gig has a minimum of $5 (but I have another gig(s) starting >$5 but another Fiverr thread says gig categories, including animation, allow higher min gig prices now (I think they mention $25 - I’ll have to check my other gig - but this one starts at $5).

3. Remove any website, service, or product mentioned that is not sold through Fiverr. There’s nothing like that in the video.

What should I do? Do I need to contact CS about it?

You have a good point about the categories. Honestly, I am quite baffled that my video was denied because of the gig price.

According to the statement 👇 your gig starting price is supossed to be $5. My suggestion would be to reach out to CS for clarification.

Offer a $5 basic service so that your Gig can remain listed on the site.

See: How many of your changing your Basic gig price to $25 or $50

Isn’t animation (or video) one of the categories where you can charge a base price of higher than $5? Or does it depend on your level?

Is there a list somewhere of what base prices are allowed in what categories (assuming the above link is correct)? I assume it checks after you update a gig to check that the base price is within range (or if not surely it should).

Note: that shouldn’t matter for this particular gig (as its base price is $5) but I have other gigs related to video that have a base price higher than $5 (if the above link is incorrect, maybe I need to change them).

Most certainly. I don’t know about other categories but in Video & Animation I have two gigs that start at $10. I raised the price on one of it some time ago, but the other was created that way.

Just to let everyone know, CS said it was denied because there was no audio in it. They hadn’t mentioned anything about it having to have audio in the original rejection email (they said state that it was offered exclusively on Fiverr - but it did - in the text). It was just a kinetic typography gig video where the visuals were more important than the audio (the text said everything). I had added audio to my other gig video before. I’ll add some background music to this one too.

Also, thanks for everyone’s help with this.

Just to let everyone know, CS said it was denied because there was no audio in it. They hadn’t mentioned anything about it having to have audio in the original rejection email (they said state that it was offered exclusively on Fiverr - but it did - in the text). It was just a kinetic typography gig video where the visuals were more important than the audio (the text said everything). I had added audio to my other gig video before. I’ll add some background music to this one too.

Also, thanks for everyone’s help with this.

I don´t really understand the sending everyone one of those mails that give you like 10 things to guess from and then to have to send another mail with a concrete answer when someone inquires further, does it really save time because many people just give up and don´t post videos (or whatever else, those mystery mails exist for a plethora of things like ‘you violated ToS or this or that’ too), or is it some kind of ritual…

Anyway, good you know now, and we all have another thing to add to the possible reasons not mentioned in the mail for the next person with a denied gig lol.

Archived