Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide

Introduction

This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post.

Sections: (To find a section more easily, use your browser's 'search' or 'find in page' options to jump. Include the parentheses.)

(TCT) Title, Category, and Tags
(DES) Descriptions
(IMG) Images and Video
(PPD) Packages, Prices, Delivery Time, and Work Queue
(FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions
(PRF) Profile
(CPM) Common Problems/Missteps (a.k.a. read the TOS please)
(C&C) Conclusion and Contribution
(RRD) References (in order of appearance), Other Resources, and Disclaimer

Please note: If you want to comment, please mention one or two of the points or a section that you found particularly helpful to you. (ex: I liked (PPD) and (FAQ) point 2!) Questions for clarification of a point are also welcome. (ex: I still don’t understand (IMG) point 1, can you elaborate?) Any hearts/reactions to this post are much appreciated! Any ‘empty’ or Zero-Context comments, however, are at risk of being flagged as Off-Topic, as per the forum rules.

*Where does it say that?*

From: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/253722-community-standards-forum-rules-2021/

8. [...] Bumping and cross-posting is not explicitly disallowed but is discouraged and if abused will result in the removal of posts.

Thus: this thread is NOT for 20-character posts saying ‘thanks’ or ‘so helpful’ or ‘great tips.’ These are considered off-topic.

Title, Category, and Tags (TCT)

1 ) A gig’s title should be kept simple and will become the permanent URL for your gig. The title can be changed later, but the URL cannot. (See: Creating a Gig, SEO Tricks for Gig Titles, and How to Rank Your Gig for more.)

2 ) The main category is set on gig creation and can’t be changed, though the sub-category can.

*What about a category split?*

On a rare occasion, Fiverr will split categories and a gig might no longer be good fit where it is. You’ll either have to modify it to fit, move it to a more correct sub-category, or create a new gig in a better fitting category and salvage what you can from the original.

3 ) You’re only permitted 5 tags per gig, so choose carefully. Think, ‘if I was looking for a service like this, what would I enter in the search bar?’

Descriptions (DES)

1 ) Do you offer unlimited revisions, 100% money back guarantees, or 100% satisfaction guarantees? DON’T. These are never a good idea. The first two imply that you’re not confident in your work, and all three attract scammers. Don't make promises you can't afford to keep.

*Exception!*

The only exception to this “no unlimited revisions” rule is if you have rock-solid, scammer-proof measures in place to protect yourself. See (FAQ) 1, 2, 3. If you go this route, it might be best to only offer unlimited in your highest package. The drop-down menu for revisions goes from 0 to 9, which should normally be plenty for any gig, and any package.

When a large and multi-million-dollar business offers money-back guarantee, it’s because they can afford to absorb the cost of a returned good. Freelancers can’t afford to risk loosing a large sale for work already done to the whim of a dissatisfied client. Besides, Fiverr already has a refund system in place, so you don’t need to include it.

While I agree that aiming for 100% satisfaction is great, there are too many witnesses and stories where offering ‘guarantee’ has forced cancellations. If you want to put this in, be very careful of your wording, so that there can be no loophole.

2 ) The first sentence in every gig should mimic its title, to reaffirm what you’re offering to do. Window-shoppers have a short attention span. Don’t copy/paste, however: create a new sentence.

3 ) Your gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. It’s also a good idea to mention the bonuses you offer.

*Why should I?*

If a buyer is confused, they’re more likely go elsewhere, rather than take the time to puzzle out what you’re offering. Buyers fall on a sliding scale of casual to professional. Both extreme ends are the least likely to spend that extra time on your gig when they could be looking at others. Format should be simple: Basic is A and B, Standard is the above plus C, Premium is all the aforementioned and D.(See also: (PPD) point 1)

4 ) It is important to be brief in your descriptions, but being clear is even more important. Lists are useful to convey information, but if you have more than five bullet points per header, you have too many.

*Clear and brief? How?*

Think slideshow presentations. Concise, edible, processable bites. Not info-dumps. Lists are easy to skim, but also a bit lazy. Construct sentences. Use as many words as needed to be thorough, but don’t use filler and fluff just to meet a character count.

If you somehow do still have characters left, see point below.

5 ) If you want to mention a particularly relevant qualification or certification, it should go at the end of the description. Your gig should be about your client, not you.

*But isn't this important?*

Think of the ‘who, what, where, when, why’ order. Fiverr already provides a place in your profile for credentials. It’s worth repeating: Your gig should be about serving your client, not bragging about you. As a client, I don’t care about where you got your left-handed-puppetry degree, I want to know you can do the job. See also: (PRF) section.

6 ) Related services shouldn’t be listed in the gig description. You can mention that you offer other related services that might better fit a clients’ needs, and/or make a FAQ that mentions them, but people can see your other gigs from any of your gig pages.

*What if a different gig is a better fit for a buyer?*

This is not a hard rule, but you’ll often run out of characters before you’re out of important and relevant things to say. The gig description character limit is 1200 (which includes formatting). You’re permitted up to 10 FAQs, so it’s easier to detail other related services there.

7 ) Formatting should be consistent within a gig. Caps-lock, bolded text, and highlighted text are hard on the eyes and should be used sparingly.

*A further note on formatting and consistency:*

Headers are the only known use for bold in a professional manner, as it helps organize important information, such as in this thread. If you need bullet points, make sure to use the same style, and that the points align properly. You should also strive to be consistent between gigs. Too many different styles, formats, and arrangements look unprofessional.

Images and Video (IMG)

1 ) Your gig images are usually the first thing people will see, and a poor first impression will drive people away. “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”

*How many should I use?*

Fiverr starts at three images permitted per gig, so consider maxing out, but don’t use filler images. (Upload in the order you want them shown.) If it doesn’t help convey relevant information, leave it out of the line-up. The option for three is more important for gigs that offer visual services, as this is the best way to show samples of your work (if you’re worried about art thieves, consider using watermarks and/or include your username in the image). Also don’t use the same sample between gigs: this implies you don’t have any more samples, and that you’re lazy and are taking shortcuts. Lastly, make sure your images all match what you offer. See point 3.

2 ) Always check your gig thumbnails from your profile. This is an easy way to approximate how the images will appear in a search.

*Image dimensions:*

Using the Paint program, thumbnails measured 293 x 176 pixels W x H, and in the gig appear 707 x 410 pixels. (This can differ depending on browser, mobile app, or even between monitor resolution. I’ve seen other ratios for thumbnails, such as 225 x 135 and 230 x 142) These don’t all scale to the exact ratio, so give your images a decent margin for error and variance. See also point 4 below.

Keep in mind that you can upload larger images that can be viewed at a larger size from within the gig, but stick to horizontal orientation whenever possible and also remember that shrunk images don’t always look as good as the full-sized.

3 ) Content of images depends if your gig is more service or goods, but it must be relevant and accurately represent the gig.

*Example:*

Goods are a bit easier than services, as you’ll want to share samples of your work. Try to portray the different packages you offer. Service gigs are trickier, as you have to portray an action, so research what others gigs in your category show. You working at your workstation might be a good start, but be sure it’s clean, uncluttered, and check the lighting: if necessary wait for a day that’s not overcast.

4 ) Using words in your image is not bad, but do some research into what makes an effective slideshow presentation. A lot of the same concepts apply (ex. the 5/5/5 rule).

*What to consider:*

Any important text needs to be readable: consider the size, font, color, style, location, and how they contrast with the background. Note: images tend to be cropped oddly if they’re too tall or wide (See point 2 above, (DES) point 4, and: Gig Images Dos and Don’ts ).

5 ) All of the above apply to video as well, but specific to video is sound. You don’t need the most expensive equipment, but IF you want a video when your gig category doesn’t require one, don’t use robo-voices.

*What are my options?*

If you speak the lines yourself, do multiple takes: try putting the microphone in different spots, try talking slower, try hanging a few blankets out of view of the camera to reduce echo, and, if you think it will help, consider subtitles.

Most importantly: smile!

If you add music, be sure it doesn’t overpower your words, if you’re not sure the balance is good, ask a few other people to listen and give their thoughts.

If you want to record just audio and have something else as the visual aspect, be sure it’s not too distracting from what you’re saying, or what the viewer is reading, if you go with the next option.

Lastly is no spoken words and only text. If you do this you must leave the words on-screen long enough to be read. You might have to play around with the timing a bit, but for basics: time how long they take to say out-loud; this should be the minimum time on-screen.

Packages, Prices, Delivery Time, and Work Queue (PPD)

1 ) Not every gig needs three packages. If there’s no difference between your packages, you don’t need three. What counts as a difference? Quantity does NOT. Quality DOES. If you want to offer extra quantity, make it a bonus and don’t forget to add in the extra time it will take.

2 ) Package titles should be kept short. If possible, sum up the package in one or two words. The package description should be an expanded thought, though it doesn’t need to be a complete sentence.

*I'm confused...*

If you can use the same title for all the packages, see point 1 above. If you find you want to make the titles generic (such as copper, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, etc.) ask yourself if there’s enough of a difference between the packages.

Using the art category, for short-title examples: Faces/Heads, Bust, Waist-Up/Knees-Up, Full Character. Or: Sketch, Line-art, Flat-Color, Flat Shading, Two-tone Shading, Gradient Shading.

A description for a “Sketch” package might be ‘scanned pencil sketch of your character’.

Remember that full package details go in the main gig description.

3 ) Every category is different in scale, scope, and type. This is where research and self-awareness of ability and skill are important. Your prices need to be reasonable to the buyer, but not undersell yourself or your work.

*How do I figure this out?*

If you don’t already know your speed-to-work ratios, make up a practice order and time yourself, beginning of project to end (including delivery). Know this will be different at each package level and vary if bonuses are involved. If your gig involves research or typing, you’ll need to translate word-count into time, and include any research time in your cost calculations. (This mock-project has the added bonus of being a potential sample of your work.)

4 ) Always ask ‘how long will this take under the best conditions,’ and ‘how long will this take under the worst conditions,’ if you think 16-20 hours, split that into three to five days estimated schedule, give yourself that extra window of time (all-nighters aren’t healthy).

*Shouldn't I push myself to that lower estimate?*

Yes, absolutely yes, but you know that saying: ‘hope for the best, plan for the worst.’ Optimism is a great force to the freelancer, but here another line for you: It’s going to someday rain, have an umbrella ready. Important see also: (FAQ) point 4. (Sub-note: The Fiverr-provided “Out of Office” mode doesn’t quite work as one might expect, which can disrupt any best-laid plan.)

5 ) Use your time estimate and calculate the per-hour rate based on of someone of your skill level. This will change as you learn, grow, and practice, and when you’re new it’s best to slightly overestimate time and underestimate wage.

*My math says I'm working at $0.15 an hour!?*

This is the reason to do that math and make that practice order. If you find your skill is only at that rate, and are determined to pursue it, consider trying something you’re more skilled at while you improve your skill at the first so that you are worth more than that. This is also why you shouldn’t compromise on your price if your time and talent is worth more.

6 ) If you want to be able to offer discounts, you’ll either need to mark-up your listed prices, or be willing to take a loss. When making your calculations, in addition to labor cost, also be aware of materials costs and overhead/operation costs, such as the Fiver commission fee (TOS), Paypal/Payoneer fees, and bank fees.

7 ) If you haven’t already, be sure to adjust the maximum number of orders you can have in your queue at any given time per gig.

*Where is this option?*

This is found under the Gigs option from the Seller banner, then clicking on the gig to expand so you can see a switch and number box. Properly setting this is another reason to make a practice order, so you can get an idea of how many projects you can handle simultaneously at any time. (Also be aware of having overlapping orders from more than one gig.)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1 ) Every gig that offers revisions needs to mention what revisions include and sometimes what they don’t include. Setting up your boundaries before hand can save you a lot of trouble later.

*For example:*

Q: What qualifies as a revision?

A: If I make an error in the finished job that is clearly in contradiction to the original specifications of the order placed, I will fix the error at no charge. Revisions do not include change orders.

2 ) Q: What is a change order?

A: Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change_order for more information. Any requests made before the product is delivered to any stage of the project already completed and verified by the buyer will also be treated as a change order.

*But, what is it? Summary, please.*

‘Change order’ or ‘variation order’ is a project management term:

Any modification or change to works agreed in the contract is treated as a variation. These modifications can be divided into three main categories

1. Addition to the work agreed in the contract.
  2. Omission to work agreed in the contract.
  3. Substitution or alteration to work agreed in the contract.

In short, if a buyer’s change to an order costs me, that cost is passed on to the buyer.

3 ) Q: What if I do need a change order?

A: Change orders can be expensive. It’s important that the original project is thorough in details. I can and will charge according to the amount of work that a change will cause, per change order. If this requires starting over from the start, it will constitute the cost of a new project.

4 ) Any project that takes longer than a few days or has multiple stages should have a regular communication schedule. In relation to (PPD): when estimating time, stage-reports and needed feedback from buyers also need to be considered in schedule.

*Example and caution:*

Q: What communication schedules do you offer?

A: This depends on the package, but I will report the completion of every stage.

OR

A: I’ll message a progress report every three days.

This heavily depends on the scope of the work and the duration of the project, so it doesn’t necessarily mean daily reports, but if you DO say you give regular updates, be sure to stick to it.

I will caution, not all buyers will respond to communication, so you have to be ready to be talking into a vacuum. This also means making sure you have everything you need from the client to finish. If you don’t, and the buyer doesn’t respond, you may have to cancel the order. See: (CPM) point 7.

5 ) As you’re researching gigs in your categories and competition, look at the FAQs and see if there’re other Q&As that pop up often and answer them in accordance specific to what you offer. Also, as you get orders, you might notice a frequent question. If you find you make a default answer to address it, it should probably go in your FAQs.

Profile (PRF)

1 ) Be aware that the formatting you use for your profile description only shows properly in the gig, and not on your profile itself. Bullet point lists don’t belong here. This is the part about you, the gigs are about what you do. Experience and skill is important, and this is the place to mention that. (Minimum of 150 characters needed.) (The profile itself already has places for Education and Certifications.)

2 ) Be honest about your level of English: Transparency is important for successful communication with clients. Because this is done with text on Fiverr, your level needs to be based on your written skill level. Even native speakers might not be fluent writers.

*How can I tell my language level?*

These are not official, but should give a rough idea:

• “Native/Bilingual” means it was the first language you learned or in tandem with another to the point you might not know which language was your first.
  • “Fluent” means near indistinguishable from a native speaker, that you might be mistaken for native.
  • “Conversational” means you can have a back-and-forth with another speaker of a given language with little need to rephrase to get your point across.
  • “Basic” means you can communicate but rely heavily on dictionaries and repeating instructions more than once or twice to be sure you’ve understood.

3 ) If your primary language isn’t English, consider adding your native language to your profile as ‘Native/Bilingual.’

4 ) If you’ve explored the options on your profile, you may have found the Skill Tests. These currently have no active benefit to Sellers unless a Buyer specifically looks for them. Relevant results cannot be placed in gigs and they can only be seen in the Seller’s profile. If a Seller does check, however, it does lend credibility to your claims. You can choose to not display the results.

*Exception.*

Be aware that a few gig types do require taking and passing certain tests, such as English proofreading gigs.

List of Skills Tests that can be taken

5 ) The little 70-character spot that appears under your username is a perfect place to reinforce you as a person.

*What should I put there?*

It’s a bit like a signature, so keep it professional. A formal statement is great, like what you might find on a business card, but something clever or witty (like a catch-phrase or tagline) is fine, too, as long as it backs up or supports you and/or what you offer.

Common Problems/Missteps (a.k.a. read the TOS, please) (CPM)

1 ) Fiverr doesn’t like it when their logo is used in gig images. (Fiverr TOS)

*User Conduct and Protection, Section: Violation*

Subsection: Proprietary Restrictions

"The Site, including its general layout, design and content, is exclusively owned by Fiverr and protected by copyright and trademark law. Fiverr®, Gig® and Gigs® are all registered trademarks owned exclusively by Fiverr."

2 ) Identical gigs are against the Fiverr TOS. If you can use the same image/description interchangeably between the gigs without edits, and the gigs still make sense, they’re far too similar.

*Section: Sellers, Sub-section: Gigs* (truncated list)

• Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
  • Intentional copies of Gigs
  • Gigs misleading to Buyers or others

Identical gigs also mean you’re competing with yourself! Fiverr is competitive enough as it is, you shouldn’t dilute your review and order pool.

3 ) URLs must be Fiverr TOS compliant.

*What is allowed?*

The list can be found here, under the Managing Gigs header.

Note: If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

4 ) Don’t steal another persons samples (Fiverr TOS). If you claim to have original work, be completely original. (See point 1)

5 ) Don’t offer 24/7 availability (even if you’re part of a team): People need sleep. Don’t offer lifetime service: It’s a promise that you can’t guarantee.

*Why?*

If people want to talk to you they will. If they’re impatient, do you really want to risk working with someone who’s constantly bugging you for updates? Yes the client is important, but you as the seller are too.

You are freelancer on Fiverr, and all communication is supposed to be within the platform, you don’t have true direct contact with your client.

6 ) If your written English isn’t fluent or better, don’t offer services that require that skill. Visual arts are more lenient, but a gig still needs to look professional. Be honest about your skill level and remember that this is an English platform (Fiverr TOS).

*Expound?*

Even native English speakers and writers can make typos, but if there are several English errors in a gig and/or profile, you’re much more likely to be passed over. The forums are a good place to practice, but you need to interact with native/fluent speakers or you risk picking up on bad habits. Feel free to ask for help, but do NOT expect others to do the work for you. Someone who points out that you need to work on capitalization or warns not to use familiarity terms is helping and offering guidance. If you don’t understand something, ask. See also: (PRF) 2.

7 ) You’re ‘requirements’ aren’t marked as ‘required’. Double check that, if you need something specific from the buyer to do the job, list it individually in the Requirements of the gig, and be sure that the “Answer is mandatory” box is checked.

Conclusion and Contribution (C&C)

Professionalism includes consistency and honesty, and there are many things that can turn buyers away. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Know where you want to be, research, and make a plan to get there.

If your gig needs an edit, make it. If the gig doesn’t, don’t.

Edit as much as needed, but as little as possible.

Special thanks for helping to: all forum Regulars and regulars, forum moderators and administrators, the Fiverr Sellers Help Center, Fiverr Buyers Help Center, Fiverr Learn, and Fiverr staff.

References (in order of appearance), Other Resources, and Disclaimers (RRD)

Fiver Forum Community Rules and Standards 2020 - the forum rules, in thread form. Posted Feb 2020
Fiverr Forum Guidelines - the forum guidelines, in official form
Creating a Gig - a Fiverr article
SEO Tricks for Gig Titles - a Fiverr article
Guide - How to Rank Your Gig for Better Results on Fiverr - a forum thread/guide that takes you step-by-step through the SEO process
Gig Images Dos and Don’ts - a Fiverr article
External Link to Wikipedia: Change Orders - a Wikipedia article; quote taken Mar 6th, 2020
Fiverr Terms of Service (TOS) - the Fiverr contract that all users agree to upon creation of an account
Seller FAQs - a Fiverr article, one of the more important ones to check out
Skills Test Removal - a news update in the forum that lists the available Skills Tests. Posted Mar 2020

The Fiverr Sellers Help Center - the source of all the Fiverr articles and much, much more
How to Start Selling on Fiverr - a Fiverr article, and GREAT place to start, many of the linked Fiverr articles where found here
Creating Your Gig Policy - a Fiverr article
Best Practices for New Fiverr Sellers - a Fiverr article
Using Buyer Requests Effectively - a Fiverr article
Viewing Gig Statistics - a Fiverr article

Online Freelancing Essentials: Be a Successful Fiverr Seller - a free Fiverr Learn course (highly recommended, take notes)
Before you ask… ‘How to get ORDERS?’ - A short, simple, concise Fiverr forum ‘Read Me’ that helps answer a very common question. Created Aug of 2017
I Have No Orders! Here’s what I did - a forum story. Don’t read unless you’re serious about freelancing and ready to look in the mirror. Created Sep 2019.
Buyer Requests - BR FAQ’s, Times, Issues - Created Dec 2016, this thread addresses most of the common questions regarding BRs.
Improve My Gig Checklist - a well-made Fiverr forum thread, created Jun 2016 (it’s a bit rough and old, but still lots of good and detailed advice)
Resources You Need to Be Successful - a well-made Fiverr forum thread, created May 2018 (a wonderful and long list of more information and a lot more resources)
How to Up Your Prices Sensibly and Sustainably - a well-made Fiverr forum thread, created Apr 2017 (just one of nine threads created in a series called UPYOUR, which are all fantastic and can be found here)
Guide: How to rank your gig… - a Fiverr forum thread created Oct 2019 about SEO that also offers some resource links
If your impressions are dropping… - a Fiverr forum thread created Jan 2016 that gives some great thoughts about gig statistics

All information is accurate as of March 4th, 2020.

Last update to post: March 28th, 2020 (additional links to (RRD) section, and a few corrections and clarifications)

You know the saying ‘the exception to the rule’? Follow the rule, but do question it. Know the exception and study it. Everything in this list is here for a reason. Knowledge is the ‘what’, understanding is the ‘why’, insight is the ‘how’.

Edited by imagination7413
Updating for new forum format.
  • Like 411
  • Thanks 10

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not understanding why you would need to restate all pricing and perks in the description if they are already clearly outlined in the pricing and scope section. Plus, I’ve seen gigs that do not put the perks in the description, and they have 50+ reviews. I’m just wondering why you would use part of your limited character count on something that is already stated at the right of the description.

• Like 79
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

On 3/22/2020 at 4:55 PM, mdcrowmusic said:

I’m not understanding why you would need to restate all pricing and perks in the description if they are already clearly outlined in the pricing and scope section.

Thank you for your question. This tip is mainly because it comes directly from the Fiver Learn course.

To clarify: The pricing does not have to be restated, and mentioning perks is known in marketing as up-selling.

As for your “if”: I agree that ‘if’ they are clear, then they don’t need repeating. It’s when the package is unclear that it needs to be elaborated. Sellers also should keep in mind that not all Buyers know all the lingo, jargon, abbreviations, or acronyms.

Format should be simple:

• Basic is A and B,
  • Standard is the above plus C,
  • Premium is all the aforementioned and D.

This also helps in that, if there is no difference - if you can’t use the above format - it’s a sign that multiple packages probably are not needed.

EDIT for clarification, using my example in the (PPD) section point 2:

A description for a ‘Sketch’ package might be “scanned pencil sketch of your character”, while the expanded description in the gig, might be:

“The Sketch package offers a full pencil-and-paper sketch that will be scanned at 300 DPI. Delivery will be made using a Dropbox, to accommodate the large file size. Sketch - a drawing with lines defined enough to be able to create line-art.”

This is far too long to go into the package description, but helps the Buyer make an informed decision, so it’s elaborated in the gig. 

• Like 106
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 7:27 AM, anika09 said:

I am thinking about using Canva Images in my gigs. Can I use them? Please suggest which site would be best for images.

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for where to get images, and am unfamiliar with Canva. If at all possible, you should create/capture your own images. I’m aware that not everyone is a creative, but there are things that are easy, fast, and free to make what you already have better, without using materials that could be questionable or copyrighted.

Phone cameras, especially in newer phones, are often plenty good enough for still-shots. Just be aware of what might be in the background, and try to use natural lighting. (And use landscape, no matter how popular vertical is. It might change some time in the future, but for now, Fiverr favors horizontal.)

• Like 83
  • Up 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 9:55 PM, imagination7413 said:

Professionalism includes consistency and honesty, and there are many things that can turn buyers away.

As a rule of thumb, I have found that it’s always better to pass up on a gig that you feel may be outside of your scope rather than take on a project that puts you in over your head later on. Honesty and consistency are an integral part of this!

• Like 63
  • Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 8:21 PM, josiah648 said:

Thank you for the helpful tips! I have a question and I hope this is a good place to post it. Somewhere I read that I could limit the number of orders that I can receive at a time on a given gig. Could someone explain where to set that, if it’s possible?

This should help, for the first part of your post.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/78709-forum-guide-where-to-post-what-to-post-whats-in-the-categories/

On the second part: Click the Gig’s tab, click on the gig you want to limit, turn on [LIMIT] in the menu that opens, and type the number. You’ll have to do that for each gig individually.

image.png.91d8a5e5ebda9a6796edd51bbab3280f.png

Also, note that this does not actually act as a hard barrier. People can still order the gig. It’s just a visual deterrent. If you’re dealing with too many orders, it’s a sign that it’s time to raise your prices.

• Like 60
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...

I have a little problem understanding PPD point 1. can you explain a little more.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:31 AM, imagination7413 said:

If you want to offer extra quantity, make it a bonus and don’t forget to add in the extra time it will take.

How can I add it as a bonus?

And Thank you for such a great explanation.

• Like 55
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

(Quick reminder first, there’s exceptions to every rule and not everything can apply to all categories or all gigs.)

Under the second step, “Pricing”, there’s a section called ‘Add Extra Services’ with many default options. You should also be able to add two custom Extras.

Click for Images

image.thumb.png.20f564a4a93ee0436ef5477e5ad5a422.png

Your PCB board gig:

image.png.a5964f6acaab79e3c162305b805b35bf.png

So, putting those quantities as custom Extras, you simplify the gig and make it less confusing for potential buyer to understand.

• Like 66
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me, a very silly question.

I just signed but I can’t find the page where I can see buyer requests for my gigs. Can you help me?

I used the post a request function as a customer and I received a lot of messages, but on seller side I can’t find a list. Thank you!

• Like 56
  • Up 3

Excuse me, a very silly question.

I just signed but I can’t find the page where I can see buyer requests for my gigs. Can you help me?

I used the post a request function as a customer and I received a lot of messages, but on seller side I can’t find a list. Thank you!

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

In a desktop browser, it’s found under the [More] option at the top of the page while in Seller mode. If you don’t see the option, try zooming out. If there are no requests currently available for your categories or level, you will not see any listed.

Please also see: Buyer Requests - Leadership Suggestions on Buyer Request Complaints (Few Requests, BR FAQ's, Times, Issues Etc.) (Note: many of the links in that thread are broken, but the articles can still be found in the Seller/Buyer Help Center https://www.fiverr.com/support/ by searching for the article title from the link.)

• Like 59
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 1:52 PM, imagination7413 said:

Not every gig needs three packages. If there’s no difference between your packages, you don’t need three. What counts as a difference? Quantity does NOT . Quality DOES . If you want to offer extra quantity, make it a bonus and don’t forget to add in the extra time it will take.

Question, I currently offer three packages but for the same thing. Would it be wise just to offer one? The only thing is lets say someone orders a 2x of a gig, the delivery date doesn’t change so I am kind of contemplating if I should stick with 3 packages or just do one?

• Like 58
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

(Quick reminder first, there’s exceptions to every rule and not everything can apply to all categories or all gigs.)

I glanced at your gig, and as far as I can tell, it might be worth trying. The way you have it set up, a buyer is more likely to order the basic package twice than the standard package, because the 3 @ $20 * 2 = $40 which costs less than 6 @ $45. Same strange pricing with Premium.

Any potential buyer who sees this is going to ask “why does it cost more for the same amount?” and with good reason, and then either make an incorrect purchase or leave. (Please see (DES) point 3.)

As an alternative, please see the reply I made here, in response to the same question: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide

• Like 55
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

This is worth so much more than two cents @imagination7413! Your level of detail is insane! 😊 Thanks again for the link! I've bookmarked this because it'll take me several reads to process it all!

(note: now I need to organize all my bookmarks because I'm starting to have trouble finding the articles I do bookmark) 😂 

• Like 61
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 5

Thank you so much for this post. It was one of the best posts I've read in this forum. It is seriously helpful especially for a new seller like me. I've bookmarked this. Thanks again for a well-written and detailed post. 

P.S Sorry if my reply is spam-like and/or annoying as it is just another thank you reply. 

• Like 48
  • Thanks 7