Be Aware from Hackers!

Hi,

I hope you guyz are doing well. I just received a message from “*****” that I have been selected for Fiverr Giveaway Claiming Program. But they don’t know that fiverr using doesn’t using their old black logo. They are hackers who are trying to steal your login details. If you receive such kind of messages on fiverr and email, don’t open the link. When you open the link, a hidden software will installed on your system without informing you. And the open link show nothing. When you next time open fiverr or your paypal/payoneer account, they can get your login details of fiverr, paypal/payoneer and they will steal all your money. So be aware from hackers.
When you receive such kind of messages, contact customer support first.
Attached the screenshot.

Your answers are always welcome. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Usman

You should Blur the user name from the screenshot and remove username from your post. Calling username on Post is against Fiverr Forum Rules

Thats obviously a scam

Thanks for the heads up

Thank you for correction… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice…

Thanks for your Info. We should alert from scammers :sunglasses:

Thanks for your Info. We be aware of it.

Thanks @usmanghani31 for sharing

Same happened to me. I didn’t click on any link and contacted Fiverr support immediately. They resolved this case quickly and suspended the user. Thx.

PROTIP: ALWAYS OPEN ALL URLS IN SEPARATE BROWSER WINDOWS IN INCOGNITO/PRIVATE MODE EVEN IF YOU KNOW THE URL IS CORRECT AND AUTHENTIC.

My nature of work is that almost all buyers send me files to work with so I open them all in private mode. I have had a couple of messages that sent me files to edit. As soon the URL opened, it redirected to fiverr payout (don’t exactly remember what else it had) and immediately blocked the user.

Anyone who’s reading this, beware. Its your hard earned money. Protect it.

Nice tip :smiley: Thx mate :smiley: Great advice.

@artistshop thanks for such advice… :slight_smile:
and thanks to all of you guyz to share your opinions… :slight_smile:

@around86 @usmanghani31 Glad I could be of help.

Thanks for sharing, I will take care.

Your advice is great! I will do the same, thanks!

Hi Everyone
Could you please help me
If i have forgot my security question and want to change my fiverr password
So what the best solution
Thank You very much

:small_red_triangle: :small_red_triangle: :small_red_triangle: Contact Customer Support! :small_red_triangle: :small_red_triangle: :small_red_triangle:

They started targeting Fiverr users too !
Few points to note

1. Fiverr or any company would never send you any communication requesting for your confidential credentials such as password, answer to a security question. So, as OP has mentioned such communication is phishing (scam)
  2. When you click on a link in an email or anywhere expecting to go to Fiverr, once you arrive at that page, look at the web address bar at the top of your internet browser, it must start with “https://www.fiverr” and would also see the secure lock (SSL) icon on the web address bar.
    The above are 2 basic identifiers, apart from some others.
    Have a good antivirus to catch malicious downloads.
    Many email services these days have an inbuilt system to scan email attachments. Like Yahoo Mail uses Norton.
    Better not download AND open email attachments. Good to download, scan and then open attachments.
    A good place to scan any downloads before opening it is www.virustotal.com and it belongs to Google.
    It analyzes suspicious files and URLs to detect types of malware including viruses, worms, and trojans.
    VirusTotal inspects items with over 60 antivirus engines and URL/domain blacklisting services

I really appreciate the informative messages which I read and got updated.