Be careful when a potential buyer asks gets nasty with you

hotwebideas

I had a buyer tell me today that she found me on the Fiverr forum (surprise surprise) and tell me that 3 other sellers never got backed to her, so I got back to her and when I reiterated her project back to her, she told me that I did not answer her questions and instead, gave me 10 more questions. She seemed like one of those desparate stressful customers that are not work a single Fiverr order. I kindly declined the project.

Bruce

I have a similar case too, someone who joined fiverr hours ago, with a website that has absolutely no content in it, made an order asking me to create an ebook cover that he will be selling on his website. The only info he gave me is the ebook title, and that he wants a photo of a superhero in the cover. I’m a little suspicious because the ebook title is: ‘‘HOW TO DRAW A SUPERHERO’’ but when I asked for some samples of his work(to put them in the cover) he said that he didn’t have any. I have a bad feeling about this. How can someone ask for an ebook cover when he has no website or even worse, content for it? 😦

Reply to @nancy_chr: exactly! I had a similar situation. A buyer who created a profile 5 hours before ordering, wanted me to create a mobile resume yet the resume he sent me had fake information like “555-5555” for the number. When I confronted him, he said he doesn’t like giving out his personal information on the internet. Which is stupid because it would be no point of having a mobile resume with a fake phone number. I cancelled his order. You gotta be careful with stuff like that.

Reply to @musiclover: I once got an order from a user who wanted me to sign a $5 contract, that I give him full rights, and If I do something wrong I’ll have to face the law etc. My business is home based, so I told him I don’t want to share my home address with him. He never replied back so I cancelled.

How weird is that??? 🙂

Reply to @musiclover: I would have told him that I would have no problem signing the contract, but if we ever went to court, he would have to pay both of our legal fees and I would have my attorney look over his $5 contract and he would also have to pay my attorney to look it over. THEN, I would sign. “Is that Ok with you Mr. Scam Artist???, Huh?”

Archived