Buyers, this is coming from the heart of an irritated and tired seller.
The following to come are solutions to frustrations i have had to deal with lately.
So as to not delay:
- Converse with your sellers before hand.
Buyers, if a seller clearly states in their description to MESSAGE THEM PRIOR TO PLACING AN ORDER, Please follow the simple request. Sellers are sometimes booked up, dealing with modifications for the very picky buyers and most importantly trying to balance their daily lives. Be it another job or household. BE FAIR! and please be REASONABLE.
If in the event you DO NOT see that request in the gig description, still send a simple request via inbox asking if they are able to take on your job and question their turnaround. DO NOT ASSUME they can, and more importantly because you need it for a deadline, inconsiderately put a 1 day rush on the order.
I have had to deal with too many of you as the old year came into the new year. So much so my blood pressure has escalated ridiculously.
- If you desire a modification, send a modification request! You cannot assume that once you send an update (through the job or inbox) the seller would be able to make the changes right away. (We are after all trying to do work for other buyers not just you).( Also I dont know about other Sellers, but not all my updates come through, however modification requests i get immediately.) But you then fuss when the order is marked as complete and you didn’t get what you desired. There are certain things built into the system for a purpose, utilize them. Hint [When you request a modification, a job cannot be closed until the modified job has been submitted]
- If an order is closed and you did not get the chance to review and make changes, don’t blame anyone but yourself! It is your duty after the job has been submitted to ensure all is up to your satisfaction. Don’t take your dissatisfaction and carry it into the Sellers inbox demanding X,Y and Z/give a horrible review/or more so to Fiverr Support to get a refund AFTER WORK WAS SUBMITTED. Technically when an order is closed a Seller is not required to deal with your work again! IF you failed to respond in the THREE DAY time frame, it’s all on you.
Now there are some buyers who ask nicely to make the changes, and there are sellers who would nicely comply (myself being one, hence im taken advantage of). But don’t over do the foolishness. If in the event you are going to be away, simply place a modification request and explain to the seller the situation. When you return you both can work from there.
- DO NOT CREATE AN ORDER FOR $5 expecting $100 worth of work. There are extras on most sellers’ page. If you desire certain perks, do the honest thing and pay for it! Do not be dishonest, then get upset when some sellers refuse to feed your dishonesty. If in the event you truly did not know, then feel free to kindly ask if the seller would be interested in providing whatever extras and PAY FOR IT!
- LEAVE A REVIEW! Most buyers tend to leave reviews when they are heated/upset/disappointed. Other than that, they take the work and go. the least you can do is provide the seller with a review! Despite how long you may deem the process to be, we would have taken longer working for you/patiently modifying your work. Leave your hardworking sellers a review. We’ve earned it! Don’t you say? Also do the community a favor and let them know who are the go to’s and the ones you should run far from.
To close, every Seller is as different as is every buyer; But as we all would like to be treated fairly, when you have the opportunity to show forth kindness and fairness, PLEASE DO SO!
In the past few days i have gotten so sick of buyers (excluding from my return buyers) That i actually contemplated quitting fiverr. Graphic Design is my passion, but my health is more important. I have held a great deal in and i really hope this does not fall on blind eyes! There are sellers out there who are really trying to make you happy. Because you have had bad experiences with the site, or more so have had a bad day, doesn’t mean good sellers deserve nor desire to feel the brunt of it.
BE FAIR BUYERS!