Fiverr Forum

Be on the look out

Everyone be on the lookout for a buyer who is looking for virtual assistants or people who will do a task involving Walmart gift cards and shopping. this seller is willing to pay 29 but doesn’t understand you have to pay that $100 out of your pocket until your gigs clear, even if you clear the gig that day. So if you get a message from someone asking about currency exchange or bitcoins steer clear. This guy messaged me all morning.I declined and told him i’m not interested but I think he messaged a lot more people. This sounds like a huge scam! Again the username is fragglesrock.

Have you reported your suspicions to Fiverr support?

Kim

yup please report to support, even i got a message from a buyer few days back, promoting his service in some strange website and forcing me to pay there.

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

Thanks, we’ll watch out

It’s not really good to point names without knowing the full story, so it’s best just to report it to Fiverr and let them decide the appropriate measures. I’ve had some scammy sounding buyers come to me with offers that actually turned out to be legitimate. I wouldn’t have found that out, however, if I hadn’t been polite and listened to them. But ultimately, it’s best to listen to your gut if something is telling you not to work with someone. :slight_smile:

I think this is the 3rd or 4th thread created just about this person… They must be getting pretty famous

Reply to @madmoo: lol yes i am. sarcastic

Reply to @shawnecannon: Yea that fragglesrock guy at first I thought he was pretty awesome of a person but now he seems fishy lol

But yea hopefully if it is a scam it gets fixed and it not things are understood better.

Same guy messaged me, told him where to go.

Reply to @ozzieuk: :smiley: everyone should

If it seems fishy, it probably is!

Have you reported your suspicions to Fiverr support?

Kim

yup please report to support, even i got a message from a buyer few days back, promoting his service in some strange website and forcing me to pay there.

Thanks, we’ll watch out

It’s not really good to point names without knowing the full story, so it’s best just to report it to Fiverr and let them decide the appropriate measures. I’ve had some scammy sounding buyers come to me with offers that actually turned out to be legitimate. I wouldn’t have found that out, however, if I hadn’t been polite and listened to them. But ultimately, it’s best to listen to your gut if something is telling you not to work with someone. :slight_smile:

I think this is the 3rd or 4th thread created just about this person… They must be getting pretty famous