Become a blacksmith of your success

tenebres_telrei

Hey, peeps.
I’d like to share my observation notes after being on Fiverr for about 1-2 months. These observation notes are also partially based on my own experience here so far. Hopefully, this post will be a small pot of ideas for your mind to feed from 🙂

1) Research.
When I started out, I made a low effort research. Didn’t read forums, merely watched a couple of YT videos. This has slapped me back in my face pretty soon. Low impressions, no clicks, yada yada.

That’s what made me to go deeper into the question of “How can I get more clients”? And the answer was actually pretty… simple. Research markets, find the ones that are on a high-demand but with the least amount of competitors around. Go for it.

I made a second gig, based purely on this conclusion and voila, first order came in within next 12 hours. Then I completed a few more, a small 2 week of silence, followed by 6-7 orders in a row. This leads us to a second point…

2) Be responsible.
Be responsible when you create your gig. You are selling a service to someone else. Why do they want to buy your service? They either A: Don’t have time or B: Don’t know how. Or both. They put their trust AND money to you.

This means, that you need to combine your honesty & quality when you are making a gig. Do your best to create visually appealing thumbnail pictures. Double check your text for errors. See how you can attract others. Some people prefer ‘formality’ type of text like “I AM PROFESSIONAL SUPER QUALITY MAESTRO” and so on. Others prefer a more ‘close’ approach. As if you were just a remote friend or a pal. Either way, think how you can passively engage your client and make them want to contact you.

3) Join a forum.
Even if you made your gig, it’s not going to be a perfect one. It will never be. There’s always room for improvements. When you join a forum and read other topics (not asking questions but just observing, reading, researching more), you essentially learn upon others’ mistakes or absorb wisdom of the people who have been on Fiverr for years. Or at least in a freelancing environment. You might learn about why unlimited revisions are bad, for example 😉

4) Be yourself.
That’s a tricky one here but to summarize it: Be yourself. Really. A client will trust you more, if they will see a real you. Not a pretend-to-be person who is such a professional/quality/10000-years of experience idol.

5) Gig improve pliz fast
Never do that. Or similar topics. I see such topics pop up every 10 minutes and people who write them, usually think that it’s a copy/past quick solution to get a mountain of clients insta-fast. You can ask for others opinions, but don’t expect others to resolve your gig issues. There are good people who can help… but at the end of the day, their help is not without its limits.

Only you are aware of your capabilities. Only you are aware of your own limits. And only you can smith your creativity and success of a gig that you have made.

Of course, most of what I’ve written can be situational and I’m not seeking to tutor someone. I’m just willing to share my thoughts based on this small yet valuable experience that so far has been gained on this platform.

Cheerio! o/

Hello @tenebres_telrei

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, they will help a lot of people.

You have emphasized on research and that’s very crucial. If you enter a category that is full of competition, for e.g. graphic design, then chances of you being seen are very less. But they are many sub-categories in graphic design where you can get noticed.

I’ll share a story of my friend. He is a graphic designer and wanted to get started with Fiverr. Now, he was able to design logos, postcards etc. He did some research and found that the logo category already has 100,000+ sellers so there is no point in entering it. He knew how to design postcards, so he researched a bit and found out a service that was fairly new at that time.

It was designing ‘Thank you cards’ for Amazon sellers. It is basically a postcard that goes inside a product packaging and thanks the buyer for the purchase and asks them for a review. He targeted the keyword ‘amazon thank you card’, and since there was little to no competition, his service was an instant success. Today, he has become a top player in this niche.

So, the point is that if your skillset is already full of competition on Fiverr, it does not mean end of the road. There are many sub-categories which have high demand but low competition - it’s just a matter of research.

Thanks and regards,
Shashant

Hello @tenebres_telrei

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, they will help a lot of people.

You have emphasized on research and that’s very crucial. If you enter a category that is full of competition, for e.g. graphic design, then chances of you being seen are very less. But they are many sub-categories in graphic design where you can get noticed.

I’ll share a story of my friend. He is a graphic designer and wanted to get started with Fiverr. Now, he was able to design logos, postcards etc. He did some research and found that the logo category already has 100,000+ sellers so there is no point in entering it. He knew how to design postcards, so he researched a bit and found out a service that was fairly new at that time.

It was designing ‘Thank you cards’ for Amazon sellers. It is basically a postcard that goes inside a product packaging and thanks the buyer for the purchase and asks them for a review. He targeted the keyword ‘amazon thank you card’, and since there was little to no competition, his service was an instant success. Today, he has become a top player in this niche.

So, the point is that if your skillset is already full of competition on Fiverr, it does not mean end of the road. There are many sub-categories which have high demand but low competition - it’s just a matter of research.

Thanks and regards,

Shashant

Exactly. There are niches but also sub-niches and the latter ones can help you benefit even more. Glad to hear a good tale about your friend 🙂

Archived