Becoming a Top Rated Seller- Not So Fast!

intellect001

Okay, so I’ve been on Fiverr for a pretty long time now (5+ years). I have been working as a copywriter and ghostwriter here. You can view my profile here:

https://www.fiverr.com/intellect001

I became a Level 1 seller within the first 10 days and a Level 2 seller shortly after (within a month or so). Since then, I have been working with all my dedication to become a Top Rated Seller (TRS) but… SIGH!!

To date, I have received 2k+positive feedbacks and hardly any requests for revisions. I deliver well before deadlines, reply to clients’ queries on a regular basis and meet all other requirements mentioned under Fiverr’s Terms and Conditions to become a TRS. Every month on the 15th, I am nominated for it too, but the news is always the same. It seems like an unending wait to me. I know the editors hand-pick the Top Rated Sellers, but it seems like I have waited much too long and I’m losing patience. Where have I gone wrong? Anyone else in the same boat?

Any tips?

Thanks for your help¬

From what I’ve seen on other forum posts, many sellers are nominated including ones who have been here 4, 5, 6 years. Very few are promoted. I think it’s one of those things that is nice if it happens, but not something to hold your breath over since there is no real way of knowing why the Editors decide on specific people.

• 1 month later...

I think they need to make the qualifications on the Analytics page harder to get. I’m nominated every month as well and the constant rejection is pretty lame.

If you set a goal for me, show me that I have met all of your qualifications, and then reject me on a monthly basis… you’re kind of being a jerk and just toying with me. If I’m not ready to become a TRS that’s cool, but show me what it takes to become that. It would motivate me more to push harder and do more.

My first evaluation period to become nominated for TRS is coming up this month the 14th. I would say this, what has helped is constantly looking at what Top Rated Sellers do. Their presentation, Their gig video…the amount of orders in que.

When you do a search for keywords…are they showing up on the top line? Showing up on the top line in the search field is based on performance. Orders, Views, Exposure, Reviews. Are they consistently getting more orders and reviews then their competition?

I know many times I can make my gig better and stand out but sometimes I get too busy to take the time to make it better.

I also think there’s that one gig that stands out from the rest that is unique, that is compelling that separates you from everyone else that makes people curious enough to check you out first. If I had to guess…that’s what they are looking for. You know, and I don’t think it’s necessary resume either. There’s a lot of people (especially in the voice over section which I’m a part of) that have awesome credentials with National accounts that they brag about in their gig but they’ve had the same static photo on their forever. Don’t get me wrong, I think some people are content with that but I think with TRS status you really need to separate yourself from the pack.

I do wonder though why some are TRS status. I think people that have been on Fiverr from the very beginning that have achieved and maintained TRS status, that probably if they just started today wouldn’t be selected based on the criteria they are looking for today. Some random thoughts.

Will Stauff

My first evaluation period to become nominated for TRS is coming up this month the 14th. I would say this, what has helped is constantly looking at what Top Rated Sellers do. Their presentation, Their gig video…the amount of orders in que.

When you do a search for keywords…are they showing up on the top line? Showing up on the top line in the search field is based on performance. Orders, Views, Exposure, Reviews. Are they consistently getting more orders and reviews then their competition?

I know many times I can make my gig better and stand out but sometimes I get too busy to take the time to make it better.

I also think there’s that one gig that stands out from the rest that is unique, that is compelling that separates you from everyone else that makes people curious enough to check you out first. If I had to guess…that’s what they are looking for. You know, and I don’t think it’s necessary resume either. There’s a lot of people (especially in the voice over section which I’m a part of) that have awesome credentials with National accounts that they brag about in their gig but they’ve had the same static photo on their forever. Don’t get me wrong, I think some people are content with that but I think with TRS status you really need to separate yourself from the pack.

I do wonder though why some are TRS status. I think people that have been on Fiverr from the very beginning that have achieved and maintained TRS status, that probably if they just started today wouldn’t be selected based on the criteria they are looking for today. Some random thoughts.

Will Stauff

All the best to you Will!

Keep us updated with how it goes for you.

I think they need to make the qualifications on the Analytics page harder to get. I’m nominated every month as well and the constant rejection is pretty lame.

If you set a goal for me, show me that I have met all of your qualifications, and then reject me on a monthly basis… you’re kind of being a jerk and just toying with me. If I’m not ready to become a TRS that’s cool, but show me what it takes to become that. It would motivate me more to push harder and do more.

Exactly!

I’m tired of reading the same email every time with the title: “We’ve Got News About Your Seller Level”.

I am doing all that Fiverr suggests there, but all in vain.

Are you getting orders? Are you making money? If you answered yes to both these questions i wouldn’t stress over this.

It’s not really a matter of stressing over it. It just seems like Fiverr could be more honest about the requirements and take an opportunity to motivate it’s sellers to reach those higher standards v.s. being covert with the true selection process and sending the rest of us the monthly rejection email.

Okay, so I’ve been on Fiverr for a pretty long time now (5+ years). I have been working as a copywriter and ghostwriter here. You can view my profile here:

https://www.fiverr.com/intellect001

I became a Level 1 seller within the first 10 days and a Level 2 seller shortly after (within a month or so). Since then, I have been working with all my dedication to become a Top Rated Seller (TRS) but… SIGH!!

To date, I have received 2k+positive feedbacks and hardly any requests for revisions. I deliver well before deadlines, reply to clients’ queries on a regular basis and meet all other requirements mentioned under Fiverr’s Terms and Conditions to become a TRS. Every month on the 15th, I am nominated for it too, but the news is always the same. It seems like an unending wait to me. I know the editors hand-pick the Top Rated Sellers, but it seems like I have waited much too long and I’m losing patience. Where have I gone wrong? Anyone else in the same boat?

Any tips?

Thanks for your help¬

I’m losing patience

When you’re at the point of losing your patience, i think it’s safe to say that it is causing you some stress. You don’t need Fiverr to motivate you, it seems like you are doing a great job on the platform already.

I work on a crowdsourcing website called Mturk and they have a Masters qualification that is given out to a selected few. Everybody was stressing and trying to figure out the requirements needed to obtain this qualification. 2 years later i randomly received an email saying i got it. Just go about your business and continue doing the great work you do and if it is meant to happen it will.

• 2 years later...

They won’t accept you as TRS with 5 dollar and 10 dollar gigs. You should switch those up to at least 15 or 20.

They won’t accept you as TRS with 5 dollar and 10 dollar gigs.

But that’s simply not true. A quick search through Top Rated Sellers and I found several who offer gigs at that price point.

(And it’s perhaps best to let old threads rest in peace.) 💀

They won’t accept you as TRS with 5 dollar and 10 dollar gigs.

But that’s simply not true. A quick search through Top Rated Sellers and I found several who offer gigs at that price point.

(And it’s perhaps best to let old threads rest in peace.) 💀

Fiverr Success coaches have advised Level 2 people that 5 and 10 dollar gig prices can hold you back from Top Rated Seller Status. After Achieving TRS you can always go back to 5 or 10 dollar pricing. It’s one contributing factor that keeps people from TRS status. There have been a few exceptions with Top Earners but if you haven’t earned TRS status yet and are qualified, Having a 5 or 10 dollar gig may be one factor holding you back. This has been true for me in the Voice Over Niche. Can’t speak for every single Niche or category out there though.

Hi I know that this is an ancient post, but could you elaborate on your strategy on getting level 1 seller status in 10 days? It’s ridiculous (for me) that I’ve been here so long but I haven’t got my first order yet. Instead, I’m just stalking the forums 🕶️

Hi I know that this is an ancient post, but could you elaborate on your strategy on getting level 1 seller status in 10 days? It’s ridiculous (for me) that I’ve been here so long but I haven’t got my first order yet. Instead, I’m just stalking the forums 🕶️

The OP was here when the site was still quite new (I think they said 6 years back in 2018, so that would make them 2012 or 2013 as their start date) and much easier if you had a worthwhile Gig to get an order within hours or days of posting your Gig. I started in early 2013 and got my first order within hours. Now, you have literally thousands of people joining each month, most in already overcrowded categories - everyone wants to sell the same thing. There are only so many buyers out there. So, if you have 1000’s of listings in one category and only a few hundred if that buyers each week who need a product, it makes it that much harder for a new seller to gain traction.

GG

The OP was here when the site was still quite new (I think they said 6 years back in 2018, so that would make them 2012 or 2013 as their start date) and much easier if you had a worthwhile Gig to get an order within hours or days of posting your Gig. I started in early 2013 and got my first order within hours. Now, you have literally thousands of people joining each month, most in already overcrowded categories - everyone wants to sell the same thing. There are only so many buyers out there. So, if you have 1000’s of listings in one category and only a few hundred if that buyers each week who need a product, it makes it that much harder for a new seller to gain traction.

GG

insightful… but as a brand new seller, what do you think I can honestly do to get my first sale in this saturation?

insightful… but as a brand new seller, what do you think I can honestly do to get my first sale in this saturation?

You need to make your own post in the “Improve My Gig” section of the forum.

If your Gigs are in the typical newbie magnet categories (logo design, virtual assistant, photo retouching, etc), you may find it will take a LONNNNG time to get that first order IF you even do.

I think I have seen you post your Gigs in the Improve My Gig category over the last couple of days - so perhaps if that is true, take advice that is worthwhile, not the stay online 24/7 etc and apply it. Are you selling something that people need? Are you truly an expert or you are just winging it because you want extra cash? Is your Gig even worth clicking on?

All these things have an impact on whether someone buys from you.

GG

Archived