Been on this site for over a year and still haven't sold a gig. Any tips?

Guest ckspoiler

Guest ckspoiler

Hi, I apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong category, or if something is wrong with the post in general.

I joined Fiverr about a year ago, and have had numerous gigs up (deleted my old ones). At the moment, I have two gigs running, one for 3+ weeks, and nobody has bitten. Any tips on selling my first gig?

(Note: both my gigs say 3 days old, but I can assure you they have been around for much longer. Must be a glich not causing the timestamps to update)

My guess would be that 1000x1000 isn’t big enough try offering 3000x3000 and see if it goes up. Why limit yourself to Album covers? Make a new gig offering book covers and I bet you get bites. My guess is there are a lot more people writing books looking for covers, than there are creating albums or cd’s looking for covers. Offer bookcovers 3000x1500, and then after you get 10 sales and get the gig extras, offer back covers too.

Guest ckspoiler

Reply to @kjblynx: The album artwork gig was created 3 days ago. Other one was, in fact, created 3 weeks ago, but something must’ve happened that paused the timestamp from updating. Yes, those samples are my work, I will try optimizing keywords.

Thanks!

Hi,

Your gigs look fine. Your descriptions are succinct. One thing I noticed is that you say “We” on your artwork gig but there isn’t anything else suggesting you’re a team.

The biggest concern is your Bio, or lack of one. Creating trust with a buyer is huge. First time buyers of your gigs are taking a shot in the dark with you. Your bio is your chance to make a good first impression. In my bio I start off by saying “Hi. I’m Brian.” I want buyers to know that they are talking to a real person who has a real name. You might think it’s obvious that a seller is a real person with a name but Fiverr can be very impersonal. I think it’s important to be as personal as possible right up front.

I hope that helps,

Brian

Guest ckspoiler

Thanks a ton for your tips, guys 🙂 I made my first sale last night, and I’ve already started to get greedy. Haha.

Thank you 🙂

Chris

• 3 months later...

Archived