Fiverr Forum

Being a Doctor i really enjoy Working on Fiverr

Being a Doctor i really enjoy Working on Fiverr . Thank you

Will share my Short Story after getting LEVEL ONE Badge

Thank you Fiverr

Good luck Doc :slight_smile:

Yes, Fiverr is best Marketplace…

All the best.

Are you a real medical doctor? And you are selling work here on Fiverr for $5? Do Dr’s make a good living where you live? THe doctors I know would never have time to actually do Fiverr work.

I hate to be too direct, but you’re not who you say you are. You are not a doctor. Your Fiverr bio does not support that claim, and you wrote in one of your gigs: “Am Jimmy US based award-winning designer and senior web developer with 10 years of experience.”

You sign your name as “Jimmy” in your gig descriptions, and you use a photo of an attractive woman to represent yourself here on Fiverr.

Unfortunately, Jimmy, it looks like you stole that exact photo off of another website. I looked online… the photo you are using is of a Dr. Toko Morimoto who is still practicing medicine at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital Center in New York City, USA. You are most definitely not Dr. Morimoto.

I’ll be bold and say… I don’t even think you’re from the USA.

My advice, do not represent yourself as someone you are not here on Fiverr. And most definitely do not use the image of an attractive woman (who is not you) as your bio photo, in the hopes that that photo will bring you more sales. It won’t. Representing yourself as someone you are not is far more likely to kill your reputation here on Fiverr.

Be you. Be successful for who YOU are. Don’t steal someone else’s identity.

@fonthaunt - This “pictures of pretty girls” tactic is becoming alarmingly prevalent here on Fiverr. Jimmy is only one person who seems to think it’s okay to misrepresent himself just to con people into purchasing from him.

Take a moment and visit the Business > Branding Services > New (i.e. new gigs) section via the Fiverr top navigation bar. Scroll down that list, and you’ll see a LOT of copycat “brand gigs” featuring random internet photos of attractive women promoting “brand idea” services.

Unfortunately, the emphasis is clearly on the random woman in the gig photos rather than the services. It’s almost disgusting how saturated that particular category alone is with this kind of gig selling tactic.

And the disturbing part is, I think many of those gigs might be the same person (or the same few people) with different accounts – or else, someone is selling “gig photo” designing services and merely grabbing random photos of attractive women off the internet, slapping some poorly designed “title text” onto those photos, and selling those to other sellers.

There are a great many similarities between most of those “pretty girl gigs”. I don’t think its a coincidence how similar they are.

Yes, provocative content captures peoples attention – stolen photos and identities of attractive women and pretty girls might get people to take notice of a seller’s account(s) – but it is EXTREMELY unprofessional. And in many cases – illegal.

Folks (any new sellers reading this), don’t misrepresent yourself here on Fiverr. If you want to be taken seriously, if you want to be successful… BE YOURSELF. You don’t want Fiverr deleting your account because you thought stealing someone else’s identity (even their photo) was a good idea. Represent yourself – and your gigs – appropriately.

Failure to do so may not be all that pleasant.

Good luck!

Check out this blog post http://blog.fiverr.com/meet-david-surgeon-and-seller-extraordinaire before you claim to be a doctor.

Good luck in your journey toward achievement and success

crazy people in this world.

The OP appears to no longer have an account – or it was appropriately restricted by Fiverr. Thank you, Fiverr, for taking action against someone who was using lies and a stolen identity to represent themselves. I, as well as, I’m sure, the good Dr. Morimoto, are grateful.

Reply to @jonbaas

Just Login to Forums to check comments. to be honest was totally upset why my account get restricted ? but just read all above comments and got the point.

Fiverr always help and comes with solid solutions with perfect investigation. and Now me no more Restricted.

and thank to @fonthaunt as well.

Thanks to Fiverr Customer Support again.

Fiverr should employ jonbaas to do some sort of housecleaning with those sleuthing skills of his. Very basic anti-BS work, but still effective. Wonder how it would feel if Fiverr itself contacted you for a gig? LOL :))

keep it up Doc.

Reply to @jonbaasi really like your comment
"do not represent yourself as someone you are not"

" do not use the image of an attractive woman (who is not you) as your bio photo, in the hopes that that photo will bring you more sales.

It won’t. Representing yourself as someone you are not is far more likely to kill your reputation here on Fiverr.

Be you. Be successful for who YOU are. Don’t steal someone else’s identity.
Thank you for this statements.

Reply to @jonbaas: If I could, I would like this quite a few more times. Argh…

Reply to @jonbaas: To add- I have to wonder what “As a doctor” even has to do with the post? Does this person really think that the combo of a pretty girl picture and being supposed medical doctor matters to buyers? On top of that, it was hours ago when I click on the profile and it’s not worth my time now, but as I recall the gigs were some standard $5 WordPress gigs or something.

I have a close friend who is an actual M.D. and granted, it doesn’t mean she’s rich. She works in a small town, does some pro bono work, is paying for a kid in college, and is still paying off school loans. But jeez, she knows about Fiverr (because I’m doing it) and if she were going to make gigs here to help with money she would do something that got a boost from all that training and experience.

Maybe medical blog posts or answering questions related to health products or SOMETHING. I am just so tired of fake sellers, fake services, cheating sellers and FAKE FAKE FAKE everything.

Reply to @fonthaunt:
I couldn’t agree more.

Reply to @jonbaas: Heh, we probably belong better in Rants now than Stories, but I will offer due respect to the DOCTOR and leave it in stories - as long as I can send her a picture of my 80 year old Dad’s rash…