Being Asked for Resume & Picture ID

philmac750

Hi, I am being asked to provide a Resume and Photo ID to a private email. I’m nervous about doing this to a private email address. Wouldn’t the client normally request something through Fiverr if they needed things like security clearance. Its just I’ve done assignments before, just not to this level of security before.

Hi, I am being asked to provide a Resume and Photo ID to a private email. I’m nervous about doing this to a private email address. Wouldn’t the client normally request something through Fiverr if they needed things like security clearance. Its just I’ve done assignments before, just not to this level of security before.

I am being asked to provide a Resume and Photo ID to a private email

Here’s what Fiverr ToS says about that:

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, S*ype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

You cannot communicate outside of Fiverr and it’s not advised to give your personal information - especially on the internet and to someone you don’t know.

Hi, I am being asked to provide a Resume and Photo ID to a private email.

Don’t do it.

I’m nervous about doing this to a private email address.

Of course you’re nervous, it’s a scam.

Wouldn’t the client normally request something through Fiverr if they needed things like security clearance.

Fiverr is meant to be an anonymous platform. Never send any private details.

Archived