Benefits of earning badge

saifurpro

The forum badges are like the trophies you earn when you play certain games. People feel proud, so they keep playing. It’s a clever way to encourage participation, but there are no benefits when it comes to sales and other issues.

For example, I earned “great topic” twice, that’s when you start a thread and get 50 likes.

The forum badges are like the trophies you earn when you play certain games. People feel proud, so they keep playing. It’s a clever way to encourage participation, but there are no benefits when it comes to sales and other issues.

For example, I earned “great topic” twice, that’s when you start a thread and get 50 likes.

ouch 😣

People feel proud, so they keep playing. It’s a clever way to encourage participation

Loved how you have explained it.

People feel proud, so they keep playing. It’s a clever way to encourage participation

Loved how you have explained it.

Thank you, I try to be clear, but I’m not an expert when it comes to gamification.

The dictionary definition is: “the application of typical elements of game playing (e.g., point scoring, competition with others, rules of play) to other areas of activity, typically as an online marketing technique to encourage engagement with a product or service.”

Wikipedia has a very interesting page about it, and real world examples.

Archived